Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if NZME will consider producing a tv news show and “selling” it to Warner Bros. Discovery. I guess that would require permission from the Commerce Commission.

Their masterplan was kind of derailed by a pandemic though. That is if they ever really had a plan.
People forget that National was ahead of Labour in the polls and heading towards a one term govt before the Pandemic came along.

Covid changed the world and the rest is history.

2699F9F0-A225-4277-91B0-74474D602EC8.png

People forget that National was ahead of Labour in the polls and heading towards a one term govt before the Pandemic came along.

Covid changed the world and the rest is history.
If it wasn’t for COVID, Auckland would have light rail to the airport by now. So, that’s right, it was Winnie the Handbrake that stopped that, not COVID.

If it wasn’t for COVID, Auckland would have light rail to the airport by now. So, that’s right, it was Winnie the Handbrake that stopped that, not COVID.
Thank god he did! It would bankrupt us.

Labour said it would be built in 3 years. Post Winnie they didn’t even start in the next 3 years!

1000’s of small changes not any one big thing. Interest deductibility - investors will buy again when it’s economic driving sales by developers driving more supply.

National had a rockstar economy, finally got back into surplus after the GFC and had our social services better than now. The left built a case around child poverty, run down health system and wealth distribution.

Ignoring they had the most votes in 2017, the grass is always greener… child poverty is worse; our health system is worse and wealth distribution is based on productivity. So Mational back in. But people will forget and get bored again in another 9 years 🤷‍♂️
So you want me to believe that national have a plan to make 1000s of small changes to support a master plan that is going to fix everything. If that was the case they would be able to explain that as a strategy. Your'e dreaming.

you keep referring back to labour as being shit like that's the yardstick, I don't just want to be better than shit, I have a dream that one day we might almost be just below mediocre.

Thank god he did! It would bankrupt us.

Labour said it would be built in 3 years. Post Winnie they didn’t even start in the next 3 years!
Not starting is good, doesn't waste any money.
Why can't we build a monorail, doesn't need its own lane, stick it down the middle of the motorway?
Still cost too much until we change consent and osh rules But at least we don't have to buy anyones house or put in tunnels

So you want me to believe that national have a plan to make 1000s of small changes to support a master plan that is going to fix everything. If that was the case they would be able to explain that as a strategy. Your'e dreaming.

you keep referring back to labour as being shit like that's the yardstick, I don't just want to be better than shit, I have a dream that one day we might almost be just below mediocre.
Honestly NZ is limited by the people. We get what we vote for.

The average NZers is happy and comfortable with a focus our quality of life rather than pushing for more.

What’s your solutions for fixing everything?

Not starting is good, doesn't waste any money.
Why can't we build a monorail, doesn't need its own lane, stick it down the middle of the motorway?
Still cost too much until we change consent and osh rules But at least we don't have to buy anyones house or put in tunnels
But what about consents and over-spends?

No problem at all my Hindu friend!

Us voters want ‘fix poverty’ ‘solve child poverty’ ‘year of delivery’ ‘build 100,000 houses’. We don’t care about the detail, we are sold on slogans.

Most of Labours policy wasn’t published at the election.

The real big picture stuff is to complex for sound bites and complex explanation.

Us voters want ‘fix poverty’ ‘solve child poverty’ ‘year of delivery’ ‘build 100,000 houses’. We don’t care about the detail, we are sold on slogans.

Most of Labours policy wasn’t published at the election.

The real big picture stuff is to complex for sound bites and complex explanation.
Well that's politics 101, who told you the whole objective is anything other than getting elected?

They only bought media works 3 years ago and would have known tv was challenging.

Surely they had/ have a plan?

Well, as I heard it, advertising revenue in television has absolutely gone to shit. Basically people are spending less on consumer goods, businesses are less able to afford advertising, media bites it.

Not all media outlets have the luxury of govt. funding.

It funny because if you elevate your consciousness we are all saying the same thing.

A high trust society eliminates the need for high regulation
Well, as I heard it, advertising revenue in television has absolutely gone to shit. Basically people are spending less on consumer goods, businesses are less able to afford advertising, media bites it.

Not all media outlets have the luxury of govt. funding.
Streaming services my guy. No one under 45 watches terrestrial tv.

Back