• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
niukore.png

Player Marata Niukore

Date of Birth
Jul 29, 1996
Birth Location
Auckland, New Zealand
Nationality
  1. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
Height (cm)
188 cm
Weight (kg)
106 kg
Position/s
  1. Centre
  2. Prop
  3. Second Row
  4. Lock
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2023, Round 1, Newcastle
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2023
  2. 2024
Signed From
Parramatta Eels
Current Club
New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
Status
Active
Where does the 625 come from?
850 is big money especially when we signed him- that’s Isiah Yeo/ pat carrigan kinda coin- he’s not in that class.
He was originally signed at 625k, 850k is the amount that was said by a DT article where they make up all the salaries.

NZWarriors.com
He was originally signed at 625k, 850k is the amount that was said by a DT article where they make up all the salaries.

I thought it was $625 before the collective agreement was signed, and then as the salary cap rose, many players had a bump in their salary to match the bump in the salary cap.

I remember Addin being on around $800k and that got bumped past a mill too

It’s not just zero tackle though- Fox sports, daily telegraph and various other sources all report the same.
They could all be wrong but what makes “stuff” so reliable in your eyes?

I thought it was $625 before the collective agreement was signed, and then as the salary cap rose, many players had a bump in their salary to match the bump in the salary cap.

Even with the % rise in cap, he's still on less than 850k if 625k rose by the same %.

25% increase in line with the cap would be approx 780k

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
It’s not just zero tackle though- Fox sports, daily telegraph and various other sources all report the same.
They could all be wrong but what makes “stuff” so reliable in your eyes?
Zero Tackle, Fox Sports and DT use the same source mate. I haven't seen any others.

To be fair to the big fella - SJ always gives him the short flat ball so he’s literally hitting the line. No room for him at all to work with. Just a battering ram all the time and predictable.

Mix it up son.
Last year we knew how to run lines and gaps and this year we still know how but we have team issues

Zero Tackle, Fox Sports and DT use the same source mate. I haven't seen any others.
So what’s so reliable about stuff?

Ah yeah that sounds plausible and familiar… I think this has already been gone over a few times.
Anyway yeah we’re not getting value for money whatever it is.
Ive always preferred him in the middle but for some reason we released Curran? And signed capewell?
Hard to work out the plan for the edge forward position.
Id like to see Leka and Laban get more opportunity.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The more I think about it- if walker is leaving I’d give Marata the 13.
He’s played a gf there.
He might not have the ball playing but maybe it would be good to mix it up a bit- start with more of a power game then bring tohu on to start finessing it around.
Jfh, Barney and Marata would be a pretty fearsome starting middle- high tempo.
Just gotta get them edges sorted…

He was great last year when we had the structures on the right hand side. Having that big body on that side charging through would of helped create space. He was also useful for Johnson to dump the ball off to so they could reset.

I made jokes after the Dolphins trial it seemed like they would wake up the next day with his boot prints on them the way he was running over the top of them. Early in the season the change to the middle looked promising. The injury didn't help.

Then he got moved back to the edge with the teams poor form and injuries.

They need to decide over the offseason if they are committing to him as a middle or not. If he's going to stay out wider they need to strip a few kilos off him.

He's played 80 minutes last night which was just the 4th time in his 32 games for the club. If he can't consistently get through 80 on the edge he needs a role of 45-50 minutes in the middle. His usual output on the edge doesn't justify an Interchange

Last edited: