• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social 🌼 Life’s Lessons

I guess it goes both ways. To have good friends you need to be good yourself. You have to be willing to support your friends through the hard times and share the rewards during the good. People wonder why do I not have any good friends. First ask yourself are you a good friend to others. Because if you are, the very qualities you are looking for in friends. They are looking for in you.

I try to surround myself with good people. But most of them are idiots. 😂
More tips:

1) Pay attention to where you make a friend, Friends from school work and church have worked out well.
2) Spend time with friends who make you feel good. Not friends who burn you often in the name of humour.
3) You can't pick family though so just make the best of it.

NZWarriors.com
More tips:

1) Pay attention to where you make a friend, Friends from school work and church have worked out well.
2) Spend time with friends who make you feel good. Not friends who burn you often in the name of humour.
3) You can't pick family though so just make the best of it.

The secret to a long and successful marriage
Your best friend should be your wife.
Such a cliche but it’s true

Yep 4 things I have learnt and told my boys.

#1 always use a lifting device for heavy loads ..... my back is messed up by thinking my arms and back was the lifting device.

#2 bank 15% of your wage from the first job and dont touch it.....you won't have money problems later in life.

#3 a friend in need can be a pain in the ass .... true Friends won't need you to give them all your money.

#4 marry the woman that makes you complete .... with out my wife I don't think I would still be here.
I'm 52 and I wish I had known this when I started work at 16.
I'm married now for 24 years and have 2 boys who are full time workers and both have over 50 k in their banks and are only in their 20's.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
My peice of wisdom for my kids was passed to me by my grandad who came to NZ as a WW2 orphan after surviving concentration camps in Poland, he said bubala, don't trust anyone who tells you with certainty that they know what the purpose of life is, no one knows that any more than you do, so watch out for their motives. Now go get me a pack of Winfield 25s, Rugby League Week and the latest Penthouse, and don't tell your grandma. Get yourself an iceblock.
The memories are flooding back now.
Love it. I dunno what Bubala is but that's your new name.

Ouch!

I was told uric acid is really high = gout candidate

I’ve got lower back ache problem = sciatica!

My blood pressure is high enough for stage 2 hypertension.

Bad cholesterol is too high…

Seriously all over this has happened in the last 12 months. No joke. Fit as a fiddle before that. Or so I thought … 🤷🏻‍♂️ old age is a B*tch!!

What next dementia?? 😂
Happened to me when I hit 50. Almost to the day. Shit just started falling apart, I just figured that's how long we are supposed to last, so anything extra is a bonus. Not a fan of these piles though.

All you old fellas
If you could speak to your younger self today what would you tell them???

🤔

Happened to me when I hit 50. Almost to the day. Shit just started falling apart, I just figured that's how long we are supposed to last, so anything extra is a bonus. Not a fan of these piles though.

Ok so I need to get my bucket list of life done before I hit 50.
Do you feel after 50 you become a burden for society and family?… 🤔
I think the elders have wisdom to share. They’re just too hesitant these days with society quick to judge and point fingers. A lack of respect by the younguns doesn’t help either. Just don’t do a Joe Biden and run for president at 80 😂

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
All you old fellas
If you could speak to your younger self today what would you tell them???

🤔
Don't try to find answers in books or through google to your dilemmas. Ask for advice instead.

Here is the best piece of advice I have ever given anybody. And I pulled it out of my Wazoo in a meeting during team building reflection exercise

If you are stuck in a problem and every option is impossible then it is highly probable that one of your constraints is self imposed and if you can free yourself of that constraint you will have your answer.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'm one of those older fellas late 60s even though I don't feel it in my mind.My grandmother once told me when I was young never to lose the child in me and I never have.Got 4 grandkids under 6 so they keep me on my toes.The body still hanging in there just need the warriors to win a premiership before the big fella says times up.Might have to live to 100 to see that or maybe 2025 or the nxt year and the nxt.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'm one of those older fellas late 60s even though I don't feel it in my mind.My grandmother once told me when I was young never to lose the child in me and I never have.Got 4 grandkids under 6 so they keep me on my toes.The body still hanging in there just need the warriors to win a premiership before the big fella says times up.Might have to live to 100 to see that or maybe 2025 or the nxt year and the nxt.
I'm 79 so they better fxxkn hurry up.Hahaha.

Do you feel as you get older you become more grumpy? And if so why is that ?

I think when I retire, I’ll keep well away from social media, watching the news and following the Warriors. Triggers I guess to feeling grumpy

I’ll spend my days either on the golf course or fishing boat

Mental and physical heath sorted
Hopefully no grumpiness

I think when I retire, I’ll keep well away from social media, watching the news and following the Warriors. Triggers I guess to feeling grumpy

Hopefully no grumpiness
Yea my daughter and wife remind me all the time I've got less patience with them.Told me to stop following warriors so much but the grandkids bring me back to normal

Hopefully no grumpiness
As you get older
Testosterone decreases
And you get grumpier
As you say be active and get sunlight
It will reduce grumpiness
I m avoiding mirrors at the moment
Backed my car into a tree
$900 insurance excess
If there s no mirrors I m blameless

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back