NRL What if players had little say which club they went to? (Fun? Hypothetical)

I'm thinking like NBA. In the NRL you get to choose your starting club but once in contract, they can trade you and ship you wherever until you become a free agent.

How would this change the NRL?

Well, if I was the Player's Association, if clubs want the right to treat players like that, 2024 Shaun's a Warrior but hey, 2025 the Warriors shove him off to the Titans etc, the players deserve a WHACK MORE MONEY, COBBER!

Which A: The NRL can't afford because they have no assets or anything to use as collateral to get more money than they have/get given now and B: I don't think the broadcasters would fund, they probably - and maybe have perfect business justification for thinking this - think the NRL get a damn good deal as things stand.

From a fan's perspective, I find it interesting how American sport seems to make more of individuals in teams (ie Michael Jordan, "The Last Dance" etc) and wonder how this would help/harm any connection between fans and teams or players.

I could live with it as I've always been a fan of a player just so long as he's wearing Warriors Black Red and White but I'd find it weird, all the back-and-forth. It's crazy enough as it is. The NRL certainly do have an issue with the current system of players signing for another club in 2025 but they're merrily going to see out the last year of their current contract at their current club. It has bad implications for attitude and consequences arising from bad attitude....

Just been reading up about how NBA Trades work and it's much more complicated than I thought. I see it being too much of a mind-bender to introduce to the NRL after what we've currently got (between trades and things like ïf you have trades, whatabout picks for future seasons etc? type questions).

I think you couldn't do it exactly how the NBA works since there is no draft but I was more thinking about situations like AFB. He can leave whenever he wants and so do any other player who is better than average.

What if once a player gets traded they have the option to add another year to their contact if they wished.