NRL Ladder Predictions 2025

Wrighty

Contributor
What will be the positions for the end of the regular season 2025 - 1 through 17?

This is an annual thread - time to kick it off this year.

Feel free to make multiple predictions as more information comes to light. All predictions due in before game one.

Wrighty's prediction

1 Penrith
2 Storm
3 Rooster
4 Broncos
5 Rabbitohs (Because of Wayne)
6 Sharks
7 Dogs
8 Titans (Because of Des)
9 Knights (Doomed to be 9th every year)
10 Cowboys
11 Raiders
12 Dolphins
13 Manly (Because of father time)
14 Dragons
15 West Tigers (Improved due to signings)
16 Eels
17 Warriors (First spoon for club - we will our fair share of games but next years NRL will be a higher level than this year)

What do you predict?

NZWarriors.com
What will be the positions for the end of the regular season 2025 - 1 through 17?

Feel free to make multiple predictions as more information comes to light. All predictions due in before game one.

Wrighty's prediction

1 Penrith
2 Storm
3 Rooster
4 Broncos
6 Sharks
7 Dogs
10 Cowboys
11 Raiders
12 Dolphins
14 Dragons
16 Eels
17 Warriors (First spoon for club - we will our fair share of games but next years NRL will be a higher level than this year)

What do you predict?
You pick the Tigers to finish above us?

Are you serious???

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Better spine

Tigers spine
1 Bula
6 Luai
7 Galvin
9 Korisau

Warriors Spine Webby will probably pick game one
1 CNK
6 Metcalf
7 TMM
9 Egan

And in the modern game you throw in lock - the Warriors have the tiring Harris at 13
But it’s the Tigers.

They don’t know how to win no matter which players play for them!

And their coach has absolutely no history of performing as a coach…

Spoon 4 in a row due for them next year

But it’s the Tigers.

They don’t know how to win no matter which players play for them!

And their coach has absolutely no history of performing as a coach…

Spoon 4 in a row due for them next year
I am not picking them for top 8. I am only picking them to improve two spots.
Remember they came close to finishing 16h this year and I am only predicting them to go up two spots.

The more damning team to finish behind is the Eels but I feel a new coach will get them going a bit better.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
JFH ain't going from 4 premierships in a row to a maiden wooden spoon. It ain't happening!
It won't if the Coach comes out in an interview in the next 8 weeks and says
a) CNK won't be our full back next year
b) Harris won't be our starting lock and will play reduced minutes

I don't see either of those announcements being made. If he surprises me and says those things then I will revise my ladder prediction and put us much higher.

I dunno, call me crazy but at times (and there were only a few) I thought that it looked like there was a premiership winning team in there.

Imo we still have most of the key components, although were currently missing arguably the biggest piece of the puzzle - a dominant, game controlling half.

I find it extremely difficult to pick where we will finish next year. Similar to this year, I think a few key factors will determine where we finish. A key injury to our main play maker maybe? Missed drop goals or conversions? The ref not calling an obvious penalty?

My guess is that we improve our decision making and defence, which imo puts us in the top 8. If we get lucky with injuries and click on attack, the sky's the limit

It won't if the Coach comes out in an interview in the next 8 weeks and says
a) CNK won't be our full back next year
b) Harris won't be our starting lock and will play reduced minutes

I don't see either of those announcements being made. If he surprises me and says those things then I will revise my ladder prediction and put us much higher.
Are you offering odds for the Warriors to finish above your predicted position with the above quoted provisos included? I'm keen to invest.

I realize you have likely added us there to spark debate but even in our darkest years which were almost pitch black we still avoided the spoon.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Wrighty's prediction

1 Penrith
2 Storm
3 Rooster
4 Broncos
6 Sharks
7 Dogs
10 Cowboys
11 Raiders
12 Dolphins
14 Dragons
16 Eels

What do you predict?
waaaay too early to be making statements like this

Wrighty's prediction

1 Penrith
2 Storm
3 Rooster
4 Broncos
6 Sharks
7 Dogs
10 Cowboys
11 Raiders
12 Dolphins
14 Dragons
16 Eels

What do you predict?
Can't see the Roosters making the 8 let alone Top 4. See them sliding massively in 2025.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Wrighty's prediction

1 Penrith
2 Storm
3 Rooster
4 Broncos
6 Sharks
7 Dogs
10 Cowboys
11 Raiders
12 Dolphins
14 Dragons
16 Eels

What do you predict?
Warriors have never had the spoon and it’s not about to happen next year.

1-4 Storm, Sharks, Panthers, Cowboys, not necessarily in that order.
5-8 Titans, Dolphins, Warriors, Bulldogs.
9-12 Rabbitohs, Roosters, Knights, Raiders,
13-17 Dragons, Sea Eagles, Eels, Broncos, Tigers.

Way too hard to predict IMO. A lot of squad changes, Eels, Rabbitohs, Dolphins & Broncos with new coaches. Panthers losing Luai, JFH and Turuva will be pretty damaging. Dragons with a lot of turmoil surrounding hunt and losing one of their best in Lomax. Tigers could improve but I think they will struggle in the forwards especially to get field position.

1-4 Storm, Sharks, Panthers, Cowboys, not necessarily in that order.
5-8 Titans, Dolphins, Warriors, Bulldogs.
9-12 Rabbitohs, Roosters, Knights, Raiders,
13-17 Dragons, Sea Eagles, Eels, Broncos, Tigers.

Way too hard to predict IMO. A lot of squad changes, Eels, Rabbitohs, Dolphins & Broncos with new coaches. Panthers losing Luai, JFH and Turuva will be pretty damaging. Dragons with a lot of turmoil surrounding hunt and losing one of their best in Lomax. Tigers could improve but I think they will struggle in the forwards especially to get field position.
Lots of water to go under the bridge before even the start of next season. But you can pretty much guarantee the stable clubs in the storm and Panthers. Though Luai could be a big loss for them if Cleary continues with his recent injury concerns. Sharks should be top 8 also. After that it's anyone's guess really. I think the Cowboys and Bulldogs overachieved this year and wouldn't be surprised if they slip out of the 8.

I think my bottom 4 would be something like knights, tigers, dragons and eels (though if Moses and Brown play most of the season they may surprise a few people)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I went early with the picks last time but there were a couple of late big name signings like Brooks to Manly which happened around November. Got some right and was hugely wrong with a few.

Here's for 2025:

Storm
Sharks
Panthers
Roosters
Cowboys
Sea Eagles
Broncos
Warriors
Rabbitohs
Bulldogs
Dragons
Knights
Raiders
Titans
Dolphins
Tigers
Eels

If we didn’t get the spoon in the Covid years, we’re never getting the spoon.

The eels are a Moses injury away from barely winning a game.

Fucking panthers, there’s no reason not to pick them at this point. Papalii will go back to winning awards once he’s out of tiger town.

Sharks will look great on paper, but they just never seem to deliver.

Waynes got his work cut out with south’s this time

See nothing that really implies we're doomed to take up residency in Wooden Spoon Town.
Warriors at worst 11 at best 6.
Webster to be 2-1 up over Ciraldo in the "Which Former Penrith Assistant Coach Will Have The Best Season" stakes.
Tales fom Tiger Town will get a second season and it will be episode after episode of Tigers fans crying as they get another wooden spoon, good recruitments be damned. The good recruitments will suddenly realise the folly of their ways and ask for releases....Benji's hair to be 100% white by July and he will attend every press conference with a 100 yard stare on his face and whimpering "The horror! The horror!"
Bennett to call time on his career if he has to eff around too much at Souths - don't think he'll have the patience to be nice to This Player, jolly along That Player, strongarm Latrell etc.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If Webster makes some hard calls about CNk and Harris before game one then I think we can sneak into the top 8. I just really do not know what Webster will decide. Might have to wait to the second pre-season trial to know.

Okay - i said way too early - but a few things to consider :

- Panthers 'steal the soul' of their GF opponent, has happened every year of their winning run - so expect the storm to miss the 8 and Bellamy to 'retire' following season review - don't come at me it's just the rules
- Eels are the most chaotic team in the league - could rise or stay stuck to bottom of the table
- How good is the Dolphins roster, how good is Kristian Woolf (we were looking at him at one point) - smart money would be a fall - but I reckon Katoa is about to put in an elite season ... so?
- Warriors have never had a spoon - we're not going to have one next year either - our pack is too good even without AFB
- Speaking of AFB - will he be the finishing touch for the Sharks? No, not unless they move Hynes out of the halves altogether: guy is not a half, and constantly runs too wide to be an effective 6 imo
- Can the Panthers continue their run? I think they'll definitely still be in the 8, but at the top end? Anything is possible with Cleary i guess, he is that good

Back