Knights

Kickoff In:

McDonald Jones Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Some of snipes close to the line have become a bit predictable too. He was being picked as a bolter into the nsw team early in the season and hasn’t hit the same form since. That play where CNK went through the middle in that gap he created was magic a few weeks ago. Really think these guys are tired and hopeful an extra few days turnaround will pay dividends
Think Barnett really only one in nsw sites.

Basically I think the problem on both attack and defence comes down to predictability. Teams know to go wide as there is a good chance our Wings will jam in. Solution, keep the width.

On attack the completion rate and kick selections have been excellent. However the attacking shapes are predictable. In my view TMM has to be given more late tackle ball as now SJ is given all ball.

So to reiterate, the problem is not personel, it is systemic. More bodies in motion. I am not proposing ad lib, just more variations within the system.

Care to share the key takeaway for those of us without time to listen to the podcast?
He talked a bunch of flowery crap tbh but some of the points were:
1. Against Saints we had our middle blown out. Against Titans we didn’t, the issue was discipline and then defending good ball.
2. Our system is fine, the problem is our patterns/shape in defence.
3. Defensive patterns usually break down from a bunch of micro factors rather than a single thing. Eg is Berry checking on Shaun a fraction longer due to the traffic going at his injured half and is that making DWZ nervous? Do our edge forwards not trust our bench middles and are a fraction reluctant to push out? Are players playing busted?
4. Webby is smart enough to spot the micro factors and fix them.

He talked a bunch of flowery crap tbh but some of the points were:
1. Against Saints we had our middle blown out. Against Titans we didn’t, the issue was discipline and then defending good ball.
2. Our system is fine, the problem is our patterns/shape in defence.
3. Defensive patterns usually break down from a bunch of micro factors rather than a single thing. Eg is Berry checking on Shaun a fraction longer due to the traffic going at his injured half and is that making DWZ nervous? Do our edge forwards not trust our bench middles and are a fraction reluctant to push out? Are players playing busted?
4. Webby is smart enough to spot the micro factors and fix them.
Thanks for summarising mate.
I thought your similes were spot on, flowery or not 🤣

I think it depends on the teamlist and if it fits well with the squad. With Afoa and Laban and Zyon Maiu’u all being limited minute players (first grade) that would leave us too vulnerable. For this week's team list I think Ale is better suited on our bench.
I'm just after someone intimidating when AFB goes off. What about Ale for Laban and play Ale in the second row if need be? We could see Pompey included as backrow outside back cover?

Pompey does love playing the Knights.

Back