Knights

Kickoff In:

McDonald Jones Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
16:00

Warriors

Team Lists

No offense, but after 2 losses to mid teams we're thinking Bunty and CHT are the answers 🤣 How the tide has turned

I'm starting to come around to the fact that our team seems to be one than is greater than its parts.

You look at some of these players and their characteristics, and they might look underwhelming or it appears there are better options, but then when they get injured or aren't in the team, the newer players struggle to fill that same role.

I've been very anti Bunty for some time now, but look at what's happened to the team with out him.

That's why I don't think it makes sense to drop someone like Montoya or TMM - if someone was barging the door down then maybe, but I think largely team harmony is key.

Look at Laban, great young player and looked great in his first game when he new he was coming on for 20 min and could empty the tank with a limited role. Last week I was at the game and was shocked at how poor he looked off the ball - was walking most of the time and didn't seem to get involved, his scramble was non existent and seemed very uninterested. Physically he's a better specimen than Capewell, but in no way did he look like he was a part of well drilled team and wasnt able to bring what Capewell has. Laban's time will come and I'm still a big fan, but that's another example of our team being greater than its parts.

Season is starting to turn out that way. So….

So it seem pretty obvious to me that our starting 13 are on a par with the competition and the difference between last year and this year is the make up of our bench which is when we roll out also rans and future stars at the minute which is when we get fucked up by NRL teams with better benches....the precise point I was making in my post about ridiculing these fans who year on year wish for teams full of NSW cup players over NRL players.

We are now living that folly, we are reaping the sowing of these fans who wanted NSW cup benches and starting forwards, mate it is our weakness as proved this year by actual evidence.

Last edited:
They went to golden point with Raiders and pushed Manly to the end the previous 2 weeks, that's why I wasn't that shocked to see the Wahs slip up, treating them like a wooden spooner when they've been contesting with top 8 teams
Titans were so desperate to win. It was inevitable Des Hasler was not going to lose that many games in a row and they finally came good, but only just.

So it seem pretty obvious to me that our starting 13 are on a par with the competition and the difference between last year and this year is the make up of our bench which is when we roll out also rans and future stars at the minute which is when we get fucked up by NRL teams with better benches....the precise point I was making in my post about ridiculing these fans who year on year wish for teams full of NSW cup players over NRL players.

We are now living that folly, we are reaping the sewing of these fans who wanted NSW cup benches and starting forwards, mate it is our weakness as proved this year by actual evidence.
You are correct but unfortunately we were forced by injury or suspension to bring NSW cup players on to the bench or even into the starting team. This situation will right itself as our NRL players return. We cannot keep recruiting NRL players (from other clubs) as that depends on availability. Use of cup players is a stop-gap measure but is also a way of giving them experience.

We are now living that folly, we are reaping the sewing of these fans who wanted NSW cup benches and starting forwards, mate it is our weakness as proved this year by actual evidence.
No we arent. We are living with Webbys selections and gameplans. Fans have nothing to do with it. Plus your assuming the outcomes of games that are impossible to know.

They went to golden point with Raiders and pushed Manly to the end the previous 2 weeks, that's why I wasn't that shocked to see the Wahs slip up, treating them like a wooden spooner when they've been contesting with top 8 teams
Seems like copium to me. The same Raiders that got flogged 40-nil?

Copium; great word!

Thanks for that one!
Copium is a meme term created by combining 2 words together - cope and opium. It is used satirically and is a joke term used to describe a fictional drug that one consumes after suffering a loss, defeat, or disappointment. It is used when the facts do not match reality.

No we arent. We are living with Webbys selections and gameplans. Fans have nothing to do with it. Plus your assuming the outcomes of games that are impossible to know.
Its a use of metaphor to paint a story of being careful what you wish for, not a literal statement.

I agree not sure if directed to go right or has no faith in left
Some of snipes close to the line have become a bit predictable too. He was being picked as a bolter into the nsw team early in the season and hasn’t hit the same form since. That play where CNK went through the middle in that gap he created was magic a few weeks ago. Really think these guys are tired and hopeful an extra few days turnaround will pay dividends

Some of snipes close to the line have become a bit predictable too. He was being picked as a bolter into the nsw team early in the season and hasn’t hit the same form since. That play where CNK went through the middle in that gap he created was magic a few weeks ago. Really think these guys are tired and hopeful an extra few days turnaround will pay dividends
I'm thinking can he pass left well, think all afbs try's to his right. Maybe someone taking more notice tell me.

Tbh i think since the talk of him seriously pushing for Origin started he;s pretty much played himself out of contention. Hope it hasnt distracted him.

More I think about more I believe left pass is weak. That line break he had an tmm left an sj right. He chose right but if rember right tmm closer to posts.

Back