1. Golden Boot
  2. Dally M (Positional Award)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Fisher-Harris
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/james-fisher-harris/summary.html
Who knew?.......Cams phone actually was running hot!

Absolutely stoked. While there are very few like for like replacements for Addin there were only 4 props i considered would ease the pain of losing him - Payne Hass, big Tino, Tapine......and Fisher Harris.....i had resigned myself we were no hope for them and going to end up with a 2nd/3rd tier no name.

Panthers a class outfit giving him the release straight away without even pushing for a transfer fee.. Shows the respect they hold him in......something its good to see we're trying to emulate cause if a club has that sort of reputation it'll end up attracting players.

Welcome on board the Fish!

I only just remembered something.
Came from someone with strong inside connections in the Allstar set up.

JFH was seriously bummed out with being stopped from playing in the Indigenous game this year, and what I heard was it was being hushed up at Penrith.

I suspect that was probably the beginning of the end for the Panthers.

JFH was part of the promotion for that game, on the posters even.

Hell he was even doing NRL interviews to talk about his IWI and his connection with Adam Blair (they are related in the Maori sense).

Then silence, no selection, no discussion.

Anyone else hear anything about that story?

I remember being pissed off eh, but I clearly remember thinking well....that will upset any hardcore Maori and might see him lose the love at the Panthers.

Man if any coach asked me not to play for Maori I would never get over it. Eventually it would eat away at me.

Just watching NRL 360 only because of the JFH news. Still seems strange hearing them say we are a top 4 side. Even stranger hearing them say we are white hot favorites for the premiership next year because of JFH. Since 2023 it just seems surreal being a Warriors fan. Not that I am complaining though!

Last edited:
I only just remembered something.
Came from someone with strong inside connections in the Allstar set up.

JFH was seriously bummed out with being stopped from playing in the Indigenous game this year, and what I heard was it was being hushed up at Penrith.

I suspect that was probably the beginning of the end for the Panthers.

JFH was part of the promotion for that game, on the posters even.

Hell he was even doing NRL interviews to talk about his IWI and his connection with Adam Blair (they are related in the Maori sense).

Then silence, no selection, no discussion.

Anyone else hear anything about that story?

I remember being pissed off eh, but I clearly remember thinking well....that will upset any hardcore Maori and might see him lose the love at the Panthers.

Man if any coach asked me not to play for Maori I would never get over it. Eventually it would eat away at me.
Would him being back here for his grandfathers funeral a few months ago, and then the time off injured sitting with that on his mind not have played a more pivotal role?

***It all adds up I guess is the more balanced way to look at it.

Last edited:
Addin leaving gave me the blues but this was not a signing that looked not even remotely possible. This actually extends our "window".

I was actually on here not too long ago and didn't notice anything but when I had a jack nohi on nrl news there it was but most stories said he had been released to a rival. So I thought it was Parra.

This is massive and there is no arguing that this club is doing good things. I actually thought we could send Barney and Egan into NSW camp to recruit.

That said I join the chorus of wow comments and welcome you HOME.

I don't really buy into the AFB has a bad attitude stuff, so that doesn't play into my thoughts on this.

But I just feel JFH has a more replicable style for the next crop of young Warriors middles coming through to emulate.

AFB is just on another planet with what he does for a big guy, I think it would be really hard to setup a blueprint for our next group of young middles to follow.

Bringing in the current Kiwis captain, pack leader at Penrith whos standards would be through the roof. Who has a straight up and down mongrel style for a front rower.

Hard to think of a better prop for our young middles coming through to learn off.

I don't really buy into the AFB has a bad attitude stuff, so that doesn't play into my thoughts on this.

But I just feel JFH has a more replicable style for the next crop of young Warriors middles coming through to emulate.

AFB is just on another planet with what he does for a big guy, I think it would be really hard to setup a blueprint for our next group of young middles to follow.

Bringing in the current Kiwis captain, pack leader at Penrith whos standards would be through the roof. Who has a straight up and down mongrel style for a front rower.

Hard to think of a better prop for our young middles coming through to learn off.
I read here today he stays an hour and a half after training doing extras, that's what excites me most about him, the standards he'll set for the next generation.

Agree, seems some of us think he’s coasting this year but he’s a big mofo and on closer inspection his “move like water” style of play, especially as a ball carrier, looks effortless thats mistaken for not interested but he’s just slick with it…..the toko is a gun hands down. JFH is a different prop all together. Both elite, just different. He gives away 20kgs plus to AFB so a lighter yet powerful and mobile front row sounds good to me. It’s a win win. The game is speeding up every year so we’re heading in the right direction.