General Your 2024 lineup

Do you think they might ease Tohu’s workload too rather than his shift at prop? They could run a super mobile bench of Niukore and Jazz for a stint with Walker at lock? My workmate has been going to physio for a broken leg and the person is friendly with the Warriors physio. She couldn’t believe the tape holding Tohu together she reckons.
Yeah, I do. I still think he'll typically do a shift upfront, but with Jazz/Niukore on the bench, they should reduce his minutes in 24. No doubt they'll be commencing succession plans in key positions this season too, giving the young guns some NRL game time on a rotational basis to get them ready for 2025/26. Having both backrowers able to play 90 mins week to week, will make that prop rotation so much easier for them to manage.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do. I still think he'll typically do a shift upfront, but with Jazz/Niukore on the bench, they should reduce his minutes in 24. No doubt they'll be commencing succession plans in key positions this season too, giving the young guns some NRL game time on a rotational basis to get them ready for 2025/26.
Who you seeing as Tohu’s successor amongst the young group? Sifakula?

I'd be surprised if Webby doesn't start both CHT and Metcalf in NSW Cup: Chanel to get some valuable game time steering the ship with less pressure on him out of the gate, and Metcalf to see how his hamstrings shape up after a tough pre-season. I also suspect they'll be more careful with Egan's long term welfare this season and carry Lussick on the bench to give Wayde a break during the latter stages of the first half and into the second. And they'll use Marata off the bench to provide impact up the middle when AFB comes off. So something like this could roll out Week One:

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Rocco
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
13. Tohu
12. Ford
11. Capewell
10. Barnett
9. Egan
8. AFB

BENCH
14. Walker
15. Niukore
16. Jazz
17. Lussick
Roger basically replaces Pompey then, good to have such great depth in the backline.

100%. What a weapon! Big, super aggressive, and skillful. The back-row is pretty much ready to roll for 2026: Sifakula, Halasima, and Laban, with Capewell either back on the bench or in Brisbane by then 🙂.
Will be keeping an eye on Ieremia too. Noticing a bit of footage of Tom Summer on some of the instagram stuff. Looks like he might be impressing?

I'd be surprised if Webby doesn't start both CHT and Metcalf in NSW Cup: Chanel to get some valuable game time steering the ship with less pressure on him out of the gate, and Metcalf to see how his hamstrings shape up after a tough pre-season. I also suspect they'll be more careful with Egan's long term welfare this season and carry Lussick on the bench to give Wayde a break during the latter stages of the first half and into the second. And they'll use Marata off the bench to provide impact up the middle when AFB comes off. So something like this could roll out Week One:

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Rocco
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
13. Tohu
12. Ford
11. Capewell
10. Barnett
9. Egan
8. AFB

BENCH
14. Walker
15. Niukore
16. Jazz
17. Lussick
Still light on the bench but with the squad we have this is probably it. I'd like to swap Lussick for one of our younger big bodies. Real shame Jazz didn't workout as a back up hooker, it solves so many bench issues. That or if he was 10kg heavier and stronger. Carrying a full hooker cover is very sub optimal unless they've got some real impact in them like a Brandon Smith. Once CHT is ready to swap out for Lussick at least he can cover halves and 9.

Last crack at my staring team.

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 R T Sheck (no way he plays wing!)
5 A Leiataua (can't leave out, More explosive than Montoya)
6 T M Martin (steady and safe for SJ defensive)
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 K Capewell
12 M Niukore (keep on SJ's Side)
13 T Harris c

Bench with most impact
14 C H Tavita
15 J Tavaga
16 Z Zyon Maiu’u
17 D Walker

Last edited:
Last crack at my staring team.

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 R T Sheck (no way he plays wing!)
5 A Leiataua (can't leave out, More explosive than Montoya)
6 T M Martin (steady and safe for SJ defensive)
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 K Capewell
12 M Niukore (keep on SJ's Side)
13 T Harris c

Bench with most impact
14 C H Tavita
15 J Tavaga
16 Z Zyon Maiu’u
17 D Walker
This is stronger than working Ford into the team in my opinion as well. But it depends how everyone’s training and I chop and change who I think would be best in the forwards as well.

Nice team.

Just watching us v panthers round 10 , magic round. Pompeys on fire these first 10 minutes. Great game to watch. Defence and processes are pretty easy to follow/see clearly. Lussick also very commendable. Stopped leota 1 on 1 up high. Crazy.

If cht can crack the 17 we could equal our own record this year….
Cnk
Dwz
Rts
Cht
Afb

IMG_4212.jpeg

We are slept on this season. Trials will tell weather we haven’t changed.

1.CNK
2.DWZ
3.RTS
4.Pompey
5.Kosi/Montoya ( Cant split them , Human Beast vs Man of Stone)

6.TMM
7.SJ

8.AFB
9.Egan
10.Jazz/Afoa ( Line speed vs Ruck control)
11.Ford
12.Capewell
13.Harris

14.Walker
15.Barnett
16.Niukore ( impact)
17.Lussick/CHT ( Utility/Sironen role)

That's right edge of

Capewell
SJ
RtS
DwZ

+CNK

Lethal

Left

Ford
TMM
Pompey
Kosi/Montoya

Pretty handy for short sides ( Ford inside ball, Pompey fend + Flick offload , Kosi/Montoya Fend + Power) plus TMM is very Slick.

Then your middles Harris + Egan + AFB , enough said. CNK , RTS and TMM running supports......

Barnett comes on for Jazz or Afoa around 20.
Walker and Niukore come on at 30 for AFB(or an edge) and Harris.

HalfTime
Then around 50-60 minutes in

Harris And AFB(or an Edg) come back on to finish the game. Sub off tired middles/edges.

3 spare interchanges.

Barnett probably shifts to fords edge or niukore and on comes Jazz to plug that middle.

Egan probably has an HIA or needs a rest so on comes Lussick or CHT for 20.

1 spare sub left.

You could easily have Barnett start but that would mean Jazz Or Ale on the bench.

Back