General Humble pie

I have probably bagged every player we've had over the years. Except maybe Steve Price and Kevin Campion
So many times I was right but still lots of humble pie has had to be swallowed.
Recently it has been DWZ. Pre Webby he wasn't that good. And Jazz.
Shaun Johnson. Last year I had to eat a lot of humble pie. This year I'm back to bagging him. Hopefully he makes me eat lots more humble pie later this season.
Eli Katoa too. But maybe that's the Warriors system more than the player. He is playing so well for Bellamy

Geez that’s a lot of sinning.

😂

Pompey is solid and reliable player and you cannot doubt his effort, however he is a plodder and is too slow to defend in first grade and is only a first choice player in the eyes of some of the delusional fans on here who can relate to him.

Solid, reliable, cannot doubt his effort…. 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻

You should just leave it at that ..

Pompey is solid and reliable player and you cannot doubt his effort, however he is a plodder and is too slow to defend in first grade and is only a first choice player in the eyes of some of the delusional fans on here who can relate to him.
Mate, You're right. He is solid and dependable. He is a tad slow to defend in first grade. Which, You could also apply to your fav Montoya. 2 tries were scored in the weekend on his wing. Just a tad slow to get there. But we won with those slow arses in the side. So, embrace them mate. They're part of our club.

1716875983276.png

Egan
Barnett
Tuaupiki
Pompey
RTS '24 because I expected him to have figured it out by round twelve
Berry - thought he was too brittle
TMM - thought his brain would bleed again and die in our jersey.
Every Australian player we ever signed from around 98 to Jonathan Wright for believing they would be our messiah.
Every Fijian winger we've had preseason.
Taane Milne. A pre season photo made me believe he would be like Mal Meninga for us. Instead he should have been arrested, even further instead he now plays for souffs
RTS, Foran, SJ and Bully all at once. I sincerely believed we would win the comp that season.

There is more but I'm on my 84th pie

DWZ is the top of my list. Thought that we were so desperate when we went out of our way to sign a guy that could occasionally do something extraordinary but mainly just an error ridden player whose spacial awareness was so poor he'd get lost on a footy field.View attachment 7525
Dallin's a guy you could make a great highlight reel for but you could also make an equally great blooper reel.

All things considered I'm glad we've got him though.

Ive been reminded of Katoa. Man I thought he was going to be the next big thing. Couldn't believe we had developed this huge running back rower. He had a really good game early in his career and I tagged him on a story on IG saying how I Thought he was the next big thing, he msg'd me and said thanks bro haha.

My humble pie is our owner. I gave him heaps of stick about the whole Alpha thing. He is really investing in this club especially our pathways. Early days yet but our pathways are looking strong and strong pathways are what will turn us into a powerhouse club. Really glad we have an owner that actually wants us to success and doesn't care about how much money we make.

My humble pie is our owner. I gave him heaps of stick about the whole Alpha thing. He is really investing in this club especially our pathways. Early days yet but our pathways are looking strong and strong pathways are what will turn us into a powerhouse club. Really glad we have an owner that actually wants us to success and doesn't care about how much money we make.

And Cameron George

I thought the guy was an absolute potato

When he signed SK to an extension, let SJ go then proceeded to talk about his treasure chest and his phone running hot. I thought the guy was completely bonkers.

He’s come good since then. Real good.

And Cameron George

I thought the guy was an absolute potato

When he signed SK to an extension, let SJ go then proceeded to talk about his treasure chest and his phone running hot. I thought the guy was completely bonkers.

He’s come good since then. Real good.
Was the same but I think he and the owner seem to have hit it off and be on the same page. Must be gratifying for them both to see the support the club is getting now.

One of my humble pie moments was when I questioned Madge picking Whyte in the Kiwis squad at the back end of last year, and he had only played cup!

Man this guy looks like he's going to have a huge future!

I’m wondering if I’ve been too harsh on the team this year.
Surprised to learn that after the bye we are only 1 point off where we were last season. Add in the horror run we’ve had with injuries. The fact that we’ve played all but 1 (Broncos) of the top 9 teams, were close to beating teams 1 and 3, beat the rest.
Our average opposition position first half of the season was 7.5, second half its 9 with 3 byes and an origin effected Cowboys & Broncos. All of a sudden after the last 2 weeks the seasons looking much more positive

Back