General Humble pie

I thought this was actually about pie cause...

1000012793.png

I was at the Titans game on Anzac Day and when the Titans scored their last try I yelled out "You've given up, haven't you?" And I walked out of the Roosters game when they were 0-22 up. Not sure if I should be eating Humble Pie given they did lose both games, but the results weren't anywhere near as shit as I expected at those two moments...

DWZ is the top of my list. Thought that we were so desperate when we went out of our way to sign a guy that could occasionally do something extraordinary but mainly just an error ridden player whose spacial awareness was so poor he'd get lost on a footy field.
76302517-4038-4087-99d0-5708073425d0.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll eat pie on CHT

I Remember when he came on the scene in 2018/19 and everyone was hyping him up. I went to MSS and saw him play NSW Cup against the Dragons. Looked like a real show pony and not much else. He then played FG and continued to over cook his kicks and just looked avg at best. I really wasn’t a fan. When he then decided to leave to write a book and travel the earth - I thought yeah buddy - you’re not of this life…

I’ll eat humble pie on all of the above. As they say, he left a boy and came back a man (too cringy? 😂)

Hopefully onto great things Chanel 👍
I completely agree with this on Chanel.

I was one of his biggest fans when he was coming through. A tough, gritty playmaker with some flair about him too. Maybe I let that little scorpion kick of his blind me too much but I was sold on him. And just like how I expected when he kicked on in his rookie year, he dazzled FG with his skills (2019 vid on YT) and defense (pretty elite for a half). But you could tell the kid was still raw and needed to grow his game and learn not to bulldoze every player coming his way.
His development then took a complete nosedive out of nowhere and he looked like a bust heading for an early retirement much like SJ after 2022. I followed his world cup campaign in the Toa Samoa team and he mentioned in one of the interviews how he fell out of love with the game due to us losing so much lmao. Playing on that team and seeing them make history, you can tell it really reflected in his game. Sure he wasn't a game breaker like Suaali'i, but he was happy playing footy, happiest he's been in a long time.
Seeing him comeback under Webby and make strides in his game is a comeback story I'm really happy to see. I believe we're still only seeing glimpses of what Chanel can do and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for him.

Still a big fan regardless Chanel 😂😎

I’ll eat pie on CHT

I Remember when he came on the scene in 2018/19 and everyone was hyping him up. I went to MSS and saw him play NSW Cup against the Dragons. Looked like a real show pony and not much else. He then played FG and continued to over cook his kicks and just looked avg at best. I really wasn’t a fan. When he then decided to leave to write a book and travel the earth - I thought yeah buddy - you’re not of this life…

I’ll eat humble pie on all of the above. As they say, he left a boy and came back a man (too cringy? 😂)

Hopefully onto great things Chanel 👍
Exactly the same BM. Was not stoked at ALL he was signed again. Then straight off the bat he looked 10x sharper. Happy as to be wrong.

Eli Katoa as well.

DWZ is the top of my list. Thought that we were so desperate when we went out of our way to sign a guy that could occasionally do something extraordinary but mainly just an error ridden player whose spacial awareness was so poor he'd get lost on a footy field.View attachment 7525
Dallin is one of my few wins haha. I always liked him and thought he played hard all the time. Thankfully he didn't turn out a dud. Will forever be a dodgy defender though!

I have probably bagged every player we've had over the years. Except maybe Steve Price and Kevin Campion
So many times I was right but still lots of humble pie has had to be swallowed.
Recently it has been DWZ. Pre Webby he wasn't that good. And Jazz.
Shaun Johnson. Last year I had to eat a lot of humble pie. This year I'm back to bagging him. Hopefully he makes me eat lots more humble pie later this season.
Eli Katoa too. But maybe that's the Warriors system more than the player. He is playing so well for Bellamy

Both wingers for me.

Never hated DWZ as a player, but didn't like how much we were rumored to be paying him and never thought he could be this good. Never doubted the mana though.

Marcelo I thought was average for years.

I always wanted one of those awesome Fijian wingers the Aussie clubs and NZ rugby teams all seem to have, but for some reason I always forget Marcelo is Fijian.

He goes hard as hell and seems an awesome clubman.

I'll live with the odd error they both make because of how hard they go.

Thought this might be a good idea fore the bye week. Some days it feels like the forum flips their opinion a lot. It's most likely different groups of people posting but let's throw this out there.

In the last few years which player has made you eat humble pie.

For me it would have to be Pompey. I am still not a big fan, but he has been proven to be a solid and reliable player who does not look out of place in first grade.
Pompey is solid and reliable player and you cannot doubt his effort, however he is a plodder and is too slow to defend in first grade and is only a first choice player in the eyes of some of the delusional fans on here who can relate to him.

Back