NRL NRL Draw 2024

Only things I don't really like about the draw is the Warriors 'home' game against the Panthers in Magic Round and the Bye in the last round - we really needed the bye this previous season when they were available to us with niggles and other injuries. Also takes the option of resting players for the last round out of our hands.

The NRL should market the ANZAC test like a Champions League final.

The best club from Australia vs the best club from NZ
The Best Club from Australia vs The Best Club and The Most Average Club And The Worst Club from New Zealand. Easy to be all three when you're the only one.

Maybe - if we get a Wellington club up and running, we have Canberra v Wellington every year...

Frankly, I'd rather go back to an ANZAC Test if we're going to try and market "The Best Australians v The Best New Zealanders."

Not sure about the last round bye, I can see it being 100% good for some players who could use some down time and 100% bad for other players who need to sharpen up for Finals Time.

I actually like our draw, I’d much rather have our bye in round 27 than in the first 4 weeks. The benefit of origin means we’ll always get at least one late(ish) bye.
The fact of the matter is that it doesn’t really matter, we just have to win more games than we lose (obviously).
After our round 19 bye will be real interesting.
20. Raider (a) 50/50
21. Tigers (h) win
22. Eels (h) I reckon we win
23. Dolphins (a) win
24. Sea Eagles (a) bogey team, lose
25. Dogs (h) win
26. Sharks (a) probably lose

Fuck me I can’t wait.

Obviously I dont have any skin in the game, but glad NZ Eels fans get to see their team play in person for the first time since 2017 (!!)

I’m not necessarily upset by it not playing them twice, but a bit lame that the Panthers haven’t had to make the flight to NZ since 2018 themselves.

Every other team been to NZ in our 18 months back, off the top of my head

Last edited:
Obviously I dont have any skin in the game, but glad NZ Eels fans get to see their team play in person for the first time since 2017 (!!)

I’m not necessarily upset by it not playing them twice, but a bit lame that the Panthers haven’t had to make the flight to NZ since 2018 themselves.

Every other team been to NZ in our 18 months back, off the top of my head
This is why until we get to 20 teams we will never see a completely balanced draw. Fox has put our draw as top 5 easiest. I get it based on opponents but they never factor travel. The fact we haven’t seen panthers in nz for so long how can you truly reflect a balanced schedule. We will always no matter what have a difficult schedule more than a Sydney or brisbane based team. NQL probs have a similar travel schedule to us.

Looks as though the NRL has given us two easy draws in a row, if such a thing really exists in the NRL.

Relatively speaking though this is a very favorable draw yet again.

There could be a reason behind it apart from broadcasters etc.

Perhaps the NRL is seeing the bigger picture, the one they go on about and never do anything about, a competitive team in NZ pressuring the local sport here.

The Warriors made a hell of a lot more media noise this year than any other club in the NRL.

The Wahs thing worked out really nicely for the club and the competition heads.

The byes either round 1 or round 26 can be seen as a pain as typically you'd want to be getting a good run of games and a rest and a convenient time through the middle of the season.

Best to look at it as a positive. Round 1 you get an extra week to prepare or the season, sit back and watch the other sides the first week. Round 26 if you make the finals you get to a week to prepare, if you don't make the finals well you finish early.

The NRL usually like to promote the round 1 attendances. With our full houses to finish off 2023 the Warriors at home round 1 was likely pencilled in. So keep winning boys.

We have got the final round bye. We play away round 25 so it will mean we don't fly home and potentially have a shortened preparation for week 1. We get to give the boys some time off before preparing for the finals.

The Best Club from Australia vs The Best Club and The Most Average Club And The Worst Club from New Zealand. Easy to be all three when you're the only one.

Maybe - if we get a Wellington club up and running, we have Canberra v Wellington every year...

Frankly, I'd rather go back to an ANZAC Test if we're going to try and market "The Best Australians v The Best New Zealanders."

Not sure about the last round bye, I can see it being 100% good for some players who could use some down time and 100% bad for other players who need to sharpen up for Finals Time.
Wellington v Canberra - battle of the public servants 😂 I’d take it!

1699863031676.png

Back