Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
National sent me a tax calculator to see how much better I would be under them:\
2qziWGQNyZD4ZNLLPvTQ_TAX_CALC.jpg

How much better off you'll be with National​

Total fortnightly saving under National: $0.00

The cost of living crisis has made it too hard for New Zealand workers to get ahead. National will manage the economy responsibly so you can keep more of what you earn.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You cannot make this up​

If you don't declare any earnings you don't get any tax savings...

Genuine question. Will they? Over the last 6 years the 'disadvantaged' have been put in an ever increasingly worse position despite this governments 'focus' and record borrowing and spending.
Very directly yes - the Nat's are proposing to cut the Community Connect Scheme to fund the tax cuts (subsidised public transport for disabled and disadvangted families).

Let me know any schemes you're seeing from the Party to help these people...

Genuine question. Will they? Over the last 6 years the 'disadvantaged' have been put in an ever increasingly worse position despite this governments 'focus' and record borrowing and spending.
Really. Nurses teachers police have been given wage increases in the last 6 years.
Nurses salaries have been increased by nearly 60% in the last 6 years..
Still not enough imo but quite substantial.
The real problem we have is younger people getting pensions and allowances without having to qualify or show cause.
Not one party seems to be addressing this

Really. Nurses teachers police have been given wage increases in the last 6 years.
Nurses salaries have been increased by nearly 60% in the last 6 years..
Still not enough imo but quite substantial.
The real problem we have is younger people getting pensions and allowances without having to qualify or show cause.
Not one party seems to be addressing this
Residential property investment is heavily dependant on the MSD Accomodation Supplement, effectively a taxpayer handout to investors claimed by beneficiaries and low earners. No party can risk crashing that deck of cards.

Very directly yes - the Nat's are proposing to cut the Community Connect Scheme to fund the tax cuts (subsidised public transport for disabled and disadvangted families).

Let me know any schemes you're seeing from the Party to help these people...
That's fair and valid points.

The problem I have is that there has been record borrowing and spending and ever worsening results. So, while a discount for public transport was introduced by this government for disadvantaged people, the position they have been put in is worse. More children in poverty, more homeless, higher crime, higher inflation, failing education standards, etc etc.

I agree that National, if elected, should not cut these subsidies to help fund tax cuts. My main point is that overall the disadvantaged are far worse off than they were 6 years ago and a change in government will hopefully start to turn around a few or more of these results to provide a better situation for them.

Residential property investment is heavily dependant on the MSD Accomodation Supplement, effectively a taxpayer handout to investors claimed by beneficiaries and low earners. No party can risk crashing that deck of cards.
Over time we have created a welfare dependent population and economy. I'm not sure there is a way out, certainly not one that won't take generations to remedy

That's fair and valid points.

The problem I have is that there has been record borrowing and spending and ever worsening results. So, while a discount for public transport was introduced by this government for disadvantaged people, the position they have been put in is worse. More children in poverty, more homeless, higher crime, higher inflation, failing education standards, etc etc.

I agree that National, if elected, should not cut these subsidies to help fund tax cuts. My main point is that overall the disadvantaged are far worse off than they were 6 years ago and a change in government will hopefully start to turn around a few or more of these results to provide a better situation for them.
The disadvantaged suffered under Key and continued to under Jacinda, does anyone really think Luxon's team of superstars will turn that trend, doubt it.

The disadvantaged suffered under Key and continued to under Jacinda, does anyone really think Chis Luxon will turn that trend, doubt it.
They appear to have suffered even more under Labour though in the last 6 years. You will always have an element of disadvantaged people in the population. You can't get away from that. People rubbished Key because of the number of kids in poverty, homeless etc yet they are far, far worse in the last 6 years. Eerily silent from those same detractors despite record spending and borrowing. Do I think Luxon can reverse the trend? Don't know. At the very least I expect he will put in place things that will help to. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to do that though. From increasing education standards to getting the economy back on track to improving infrastructure and so on and so on. It can't be fixed over night. We have seen what damage can be done in 6 years though and it's only going to get worse if they get another 3. It takes time to see the effect of decisions made and policy implemented and that's what you are seeing now. And they have no idea how to fix it, no idea why things are tanking. I think people need to realize we are really in the poo right now. We can either keep the status quo and the poo gets deeper or change things and hope we can find a way of flushing some of it.

So the original post of the disadvantaged is wrong and they are not as disadvantaged as supposed.

And actually wealthy landlords are actually the beneficiaries.

They appear to have suffered even more under Labour though in the last 6 years. You will always have an element of disadvantaged people in the population. You can't get away from that. People rubbished Key because of the number of kids in poverty, homeless etc yet they are far, far worse in the last 6 years. Eerily silent from those same detractors despite record spending and borrowing. Do I think Luxon can reverse the trend? Don't know. At the very least I expect he will put in place things that will help to. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to do that though. From increasing education standards to getting the economy back on track to improving infrastructure and so on and so on. It can't be fixed over night. We have seen what damage can be done in 6 years though and it's only going to get worse if they get another 3. It takes time to see the effect of decisions made and policy implemented and that's what you are seeing now. And they have no idea how to fix it, no idea why things are tanking. I think people need to realize we are really in the poo right now. We can either keep the status quo and the poo gets deeper or change things and hope we can find a way of flushing some of it.
Wouldn't that be great.

Yeah all fair points, I have zero hope either party can reverse those glabal trends in any significant way for us, Nat/ACT will be something different though, most people's sentiment seems to be they can't be any worse. Mind you they said that in Germany in the 30's, and just before Roger Douglas.

So the original post of the disadvantaged is wrong and they are not as disadvantaged as supposed.

And actually wealthy landlords are actually the beneficiaries.
It's a topsy turvey world looking down from our position on the ladder, the teams at the top are dependant on the bottom teams for cheap points, like when we play the Tigers. Someone has to get the spoon. Let's go on Warriors!

Yeah all fair points, I have zero hope either party can reverse those glabal trends in any significant way for us, Nat/ACT will be something different though, most people's sentiment seems to be they can't be any worse. Mind you they said that in Germany in the 30's, and just before Roger Douglas.
Some things are out of our control and others are. Better educational standards surely should be in our control but even that will take over a decade to see beneficial improvements in my opinion.

Roger Douglas wasn't popular but sometimes radical change and some pain are needed to improve things for the future.

I'll leave the Nazi Germany comment alone.

Back