• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Centres for 2025

Who’s your 2 starting centres for 2025?

• Total voters
NZWarriors.com
Berry and Leiataua. Hoping to see Ali's defence pick up during the offseason. His attack is sound. Berry IMO is the first centre chosen.

Everyone else is a backup. CNK i cant see moving from fullback under Webster. Happy for him to be given the opportunity to keep that spot based on how he starts next season. The team played busted most of the season because many of the players were.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Berry and Leiataua. Hoping to see Ali's defence pick up during the offseason. His attack is sound. Berry IMO is the first centre chosen.

Everyone else is a backup. CNK i cant see moving from fullback under Webster. Happy for him to be given the opportunity to keep that spot based on how he starts next season. The team played busted most of the season because many of the players were.

Yup my pick for all the spots are players not/least hampered by injury 😅

I'd go with Berry and Leiataua.

Berry does a lot of the little things well. He runs good lines and leads the kick chase well. Hopefully he gets over his injury to get another full pre-season. Develop a bit more.

Leiataua we need to get charging onto the ball like how he made the break against the Dolphins a few weeks ago and against the Sharks on the weekend. Imagine having a play close to the line and he's charging to a gap with a few decoy runners around him. He has also had a few good plays with TMM where he's scored getting put through a gap. Hopefully, the young fella trains hard over the off-season.

The other one I wouldn't write off is Pompey. We will get injuries and unless we win constantly chances are there will be some changes. I know he's not popular but he often makes his assignment on defense. He is also a reliable goal-kicker. Anyone else likely to kick will need to put in a lot of time.

Let's hope whoever isn't selected kills it in NSW Cup. Keep the pressure on the guys in first grade.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I've gone with Pompey & Leiataua. I think pomps deserves to be given first shot. Or Pompey & Berry. Once Ali & Berry sort out their defensive flaws(Berry needs to work on his head positioning or end up like Egan. Ali's lateral movement & player watching and not the ball)
Once the young blokes become a little more well polished I'd hope they would be our starters by mid season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Ali & CNK

Straight hard running centers who can break the line and set up for their outside Could be a real threat.

Berry/DWZ, RTS on the wings

Tuapiki full back.

That has me excited.

Webby needs to eat the humble pie and do the right thing.

Its pretty alarming that 2 of our strongest centre showings this year were CNK (FB) and Leka (SR).

I'd like CNK & Ali to be in there, good mix of raw talent and a dependable. But from CNKs prematch interview last week, it sounded like he doesn't much fancy the centre role.

Imagine we're more likely to see Berry/Ali with RTS fighting it out for a wing spot?

Its pretty alarming that 2 of our strongest centre showings this year were CNK (FB) and Leka (SR).

I'd like CNK & Ali to be in there, good mix of raw talent and a dependable. But from CNKs prematch interview last week, it sounded like he doesn't much fancy the centre role.

Imagine we're more likely to see Berry/Ali with RTS fighting it out for a wing spot?
Well that's valuable intel. I think Webster isn't the sort of coach to push a player into a position so we will see CNK at fullback next year.
This may upset some of you but I am pretty sure that means no playoffs next year. CNK was a very poor full back this year and I see no sign of him improving next year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Well that's valuable intel. I think Webster isn't the sort of coach to push a player into a position so we will see CNK at fullback next year.
This may upset some of you but I am pretty sure that means no playoffs next year. CNK was a very poor full back this year and I see no sign of him improving next year.
Really hope CNKs dip in form was related to carrying injury rather than time catching up to him. Feel like he started the year busted and then spent the season ever so slightly less busted throughout.
Here's hoping another pre-season for Ali/Berry see's them move up a notch.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back