NRL Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

So does Taukieho turn up to pre season training?

Or does he sit around as well and wait for the Bulldogs to sort things out.

Siosuia Taukeiaho has yet to secure a release from Super League giants Catalans with his planned return to the NRL with the Bulldogs also contingent on the club opening up a roster spot before the 2024 season.
Having made a significant splash in the player market with a slew of signings, Taukeiaho had been identified as a key plank in the Bulldogs’ forward rebuild, but his switch has hit a hurdle and is yet to be formalised as Cameron Ciraldo’s squad begins pre-season training this week.

It had been widely reported Taukeiaho had signed a two-year deal with Canterbury, but club sources speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing talks said the veteran prop has still not secured an official release from the Catalans and is yet to put pen to paper.
It has left his immediate future in limbo as the former Roosters premiership-winner eyes a return to Australia for family reasons.

Despite announcing more than three months ago they were going to release Taukeiaho from the remainder of his Super League deal, Catalans have yet to rubber stamp the move, leaving his NRL return in the balance.
Catalans owner Bernard Guasch even admitted in August the club wouldn’t stand in Taukeiaho’s way of resuming his NRL career, saying: “We’ve had a discussion with Siua and we understand his decision to return to Australia.”
Former Roosters forward Siosuia Taukeiaho.
Former Roosters forward Siosuia Taukeiaho.CREDIT:GETTY

Complicating matters is the fact the Bulldogs have already filled all 30 spots on their official roster for next season after the recent captures of Josh Curran, Kurt Mann, Drew Hutchison, Jake Turpin and Poasa Faamausili.
Faamausili is an NRL experienced forward who has only been signed to a development deal, while another player who made an impression at NRL level in 2023, Harrison Edwards, is also on a second-tier deal.

It means the Bulldogs desperately need to create a vacancy on their roster to accommodate the potential arrival of Taukeiaho, who has spoken about a desire for another shot at the NRL despite turning 32 before the start of next season and being restricted to just nine matches for Catalans, including the 10-2 grand final loss to Wigan.

Canterbury general manager Phil Gould met club captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner and his manager on Saturday to discuss the forward’s future after he was advised he could stay away from a return to pre-season training.
Faitala-Mariner has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs despite having two years left on his deal with the Bulldogs, and Gould said Canterbury is “rightfully unimpressed” a picture of the meeting inside Canterbury League Club was leaked to the Daily Telegraph.
In a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Gould said: “Leagues Club CCTV has recorded the person responsible. He has now been identified. I am told that he is a professional photographer. I have an image of him, and we also have his name.

“Again, these things never worry me. But I just wonder why a professional photographer happened to be at that particular venue, at that time of day, in a very quiet lounge of the club, and prepared to take the photo that he did?”
The Bulldogs have been the most active club in the player market for next year with Stephen Crichton, Blake Taaffe, Jaeman Salmon and Bronson Xerri also joining the club

Siosuia Taukeiaho has yet to secure a release from Super League giants Catalans with his planned return to the NRL with the Bulldogs also contingent on the club opening up a roster spot before the 2024 season.
Having made a significant splash in the player market with a slew of signings, Taukeiaho had been identified as a key plank in the Bulldogs’ forward rebuild, but his switch has hit a hurdle and is yet to be formalised as Cameron Ciraldo’s squad begins pre-season training this week.

It had been widely reported Taukeiaho had signed a two-year deal with Canterbury, but club sources speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing talks said the veteran prop has still not secured an official release from the Catalans and is yet to put pen to paper.
It has left his immediate future in limbo as the former Roosters premiership-winner eyes a return to Australia for family reasons.

Despite announcing more than three months ago they were going to release Taukeiaho from the remainder of his Super League deal, Catalans have yet to rubber stamp the move, leaving his NRL return in the balance.
Catalans owner Bernard Guasch even admitted in August the club wouldn’t stand in Taukeiaho’s way of resuming his NRL career, saying: “We’ve had a discussion with Siua and we understand his decision to return to Australia.”
Former Roosters forward Siosuia Taukeiaho.
Former Roosters forward Siosuia Taukeiaho.CREDIT:GETTY

Complicating matters is the fact the Bulldogs have already filled all 30 spots on their official roster for next season after the recent captures of Josh Curran, Kurt Mann, Drew Hutchison, Jake Turpin and Poasa Faamausili.
Faamausili is an NRL experienced forward who has only been signed to a development deal, while another player who made an impression at NRL level in 2023, Harrison Edwards, is also on a second-tier deal.

It means the Bulldogs desperately need to create a vacancy on their roster to accommodate the potential arrival of Taukeiaho, who has spoken about a desire for another shot at the NRL despite turning 32 before the start of next season and being restricted to just nine matches for Catalans, including the 10-2 grand final loss to Wigan.

Canterbury general manager Phil Gould met club captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner and his manager on Saturday to discuss the forward’s future after he was advised he could stay away from a return to pre-season training.
Faitala-Mariner has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs despite having two years left on his deal with the Bulldogs, and Gould said Canterbury is “rightfully unimpressed” a picture of the meeting inside Canterbury League Club was leaked to the Daily Telegraph.
In a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Gould said: “Leagues Club CCTV has recorded the person responsible. He has now been identified. I am told that he is a professional photographer. I have an image of him, and we also have his name.

“Again, these things never worry me. But I just wonder why a professional photographer happened to be at that particular venue, at that time of day, in a very quiet lounge of the club, and prepared to take the photo that he did?”
The Bulldogs have been the most active club in the player market for next year with Stephen Crichton, Blake Taaffe, Jaeman Salmon and Bronson Xerri also joining the club
Are the Bulldogs treating RFM like shit so he leaves and his roster spot can then be given to Taukeiaho or is that just me? What a club they are with the so called RL Master Phil Gould unable to balance the roster. They might give the Tigers a run for the drama queen club next year.

Are the Bulldogs treating RFM like shit so he leaves and his roster spot can then be given to Taukeiaho or is that just me? What a club they are with the so called RL Master Phil Gould unable to balance the roster. They might give the Tigers a run for the drama queen club next year.
I think this is bang on the money. Seems like they are trying to force RFM's hand in leaving. Hope he stays put and causes as much pain and disruption for Gus and Ciraldo as possible.

I think this is bang on the money. Seems like they are trying to force RFM's hand in leaving. Hope he stays put and causes as much pain and disruption for Gus and Ciraldo as possible.
Yeah I hope he says all good I'll leave but you pay out my contract in full otherwise I'm staying.

The whole don't come to work angle has me confused. If he has a CURRENT contract they can't stop him from coming to said work place can they?

This has been a dream of mine for so long haha. Work telling me to stay home but I still get paid!

Yeah I hope he says all good I'll leave but you pay out my contract in full otherwise I'm staying.

The whole don't come to work angle has me confused. If he has a CURRENT contract they can't stop him from coming to said work place can they?

This has been a dream of mine for so long haha. Work telling me to stay home but I still get paid!
Different workplace obviously but I’ve had people at home on full pay as it’s not viable to have them in the workplace. It’s Usually a very short term thing though, they don’t tend to stay on the payroll long

Different workplace obviously but I’ve had people at home on full pay as it’s not viable to have them in the workplace. It’s Usually a very short term thing though, they don’t tend to stay on the payroll long
Keep them on as an outside consultant. They can do that job at home like on Fight Club.

I always like when the media used to report on someone being sent home on gardening leave. We are outside their home and they are not doing any gardening.

[IMG alt="Philistine"]https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/data/avatars/m/30/30686.jpg?1668824580[/IMG]

Philistine

Kennel Established​

Today at 8:08 AM
............there is a bit of a lag between peak performance and peak earning capacity.
Expanding just a little on my earlier comment, AFB had a break-out year in 2023 at age 28. He might have taken his play to a whole new level, or the rest of his 2023 team might perfectly complement him. Sometimes the stars just align.

The Warriors wanted to hang on to him for 2024, but were OK about releasing him after that. Is that a hint that they feel he might have only one elite year left in him? His peak performance is now, his peak earning will be his next contract at Cronulla, and it could come back to bite the Sharks

Best post I’ve ever seen off the bulldogs forum. Not a high standard over there either though.

Doggies name Stephen Crichton their captain. Very interesting choice.

And as most of us have seen Curran on the bench this week for them, hope he's making the top 13 the week after

Doggies name Stephen Crichton their captain. Very interesting choice.

And as most of us have seen Curran on the bench this week for them, hope he's making the top 13 the week after
Crichton no doubt lethal for Penrith not so much for Somoa

Captain probably too much stress and could impact his on field performance

Wasn’t Mahoney captain a sweetener to leave the eels ?