Sports 🏏 Black Caps

I had a 3 wwek vacation from work recently, but I knew what my job was still when I got back!

Remember that 10 of these guys have been living in India for the last 2 months and have arrived late in batches to no warm ups. This is tacked on the end of a long time away from home and family. I'm sure they are pretty jaded, but I think mostly what we are seeing is just a whole lot of players out of match fitness - and that is solely down to them being kept on ice by the IPL.

Remember that 10 of these guys have been living in India for the last 2 months and have arrived late in batches to no warm ups. This is tacked on the end of a long time away from home and family. I'm sure they are pretty jaded, but I think mostly what we are seeing is just a whole lot of players out of match fitness - and that is solely down to them being kept on ice by the IPL.
Well why select those players? I would not pick an All Black team with players who have sat on a couch and watched TV for 6 months with no games or trainng

I hope the Afghans beat us. They look like they want to win, unlike our team that can't wait to get on the beers after the game.

Gurbaz has been brilliant the last year or so. They have always had the bowling, but Afghanistan is developing the batting now too. They will climb above a few teams in test cricket soon if they can develop a couple of really good test match quicks.

Great final over. Even Stevens score, and the last over gives NZ some momentum.

Their spinners are good, and we have gone bowler heavy. I reckon 55/45 to Afghanistan. It will come down to whether a couple of our players have their day or not - most notably Allen.

A 160 chase is in Williamson's wheelhouse at least. Good man for this situation.

Jesus Finn Allen.....would it kill you to block a first ball once in a while.....not everything has to go for 6.

And when did we turn into such a shit fielding team? Used to be our great leveller......now even the sub continent teams field better than us!

Jesus Finn Allen.....would it kill you to block a first ball once in a while.....not everything has to go for 6.

And when did we turn into such a shit fielding team? Used to be our great leveller......now even the sub continent teams field better than us!
Yeah, the fielding in the last year has been my biggest concern. Electric fielding has been in our DNA for 15 years now.

Allen is one of those modern cricketers, that are flat track bullies. Massive asset in fair weather condition, hopelessly outclassed when in even mildly adverse conditions.

Yeah, the fielding in the last year has been my biggest concern. Electric fielding has been in our DNA for 15 years now.

Allen is one of those modern cricketers, that are flat track bullies. Massive asset in fair weather condition, hopelessly outclassed when in even mildly adverse conditions.
Feels like he’s carried on in the McCullum tradition. Was so disappointed in him in that World Cup final to try and blaze from the first ball against Aussie

Why would you leave out Ravindra who has been batting regularly (although admittedly not in his last few games) in the IPL??

Back