• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Sports 🏏 Black Caps

We may get up in this game yet but I think this is just a continuation of what we have been seeing over the last few years. Seems like we gave lost the cricketing smarts as a team.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I would have thought the first thing you should be able to do if you get selected for your country is actually knowing how to play the game?

More than likely. And the rest of the coaching team don't seem to be helping. Doesn't seem to be a great deal of preparation and planning like we have seen under the previous regime
Sucks our IPL players for the most part have just been riding the bench for their teams. U would've thought tho we couldve organised something for the rest of them leading into this.

For a guy that was such a batting machine poor old Conway looks like he can barely hit a ball out of the middle now

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The Black caps are a bunch if dickheads. Why did they even go to this world cup - total waste of time. We won't even challenge the tier 2 nations

Gee this is a hard watch. It is really hard to see them not trying to take any initiative either. Just sitting back and letting Afghanistan have their way a bit. We are very orthodox. Phillips is catching the disease.

Oh well - they will finish last in our group and come home. nothing will be done and the same players will continue to get picked ! The only way a player stops playing for this side is if they retire. There is just no pressure put on them by dropping players who are not performing

Sucks our IPL players for the most part have just been riding the bench for their teams. U would've thought tho we couldve organised something for the rest of them leading into this.

For a guy that was such a batting machine poor old Conway looks like he can barely hit a ball out of the middle now
Is there no other team we could have had a warm up game with in the last week or two? Our first game is quite late in the tournament.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Yeah, I have taken quite an interest in Conway's trajectory. He was nothing overly special in South African domestic cricket, but hit the ground running in NZ. His success was sustained enough, but I was thought his technique had potential to be a little fragile (ball cramping him, losing a hand off the bat on some offside shots. He was too good for too long for it not to have just been a purple patch, but yeah a hand-eye based technique that is not well-equipped to a form & confidence slump.

Will he ever back? I'd have him focused on test and ODI only

The Camera crew only go to the Afghan Coaching box - maybe because our coaches have all hung themself and they cannot show that on a family viewing time slot.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Just as a note on our coaching and selection. How is one of our better performing players of the last season in Ravindra not even capable of making the team? And he can bowl spin which not only has been successful in previous t20s but also in the world cup so far

So an in-form West Indies at home. Probably our only other real match before another game of cricket vs England in the long-distant future (Dec). To make this lack of prep and game time even worse is we got Afghanistan and the Windies who have already played - and then we get the Minnows. It would have been good if we at least got them first.

Nothing was going in our favour here.

But yes, happy to jump on Afghanistan's bandwagon. I love watching them play cricket.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back