Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's the sort of thing that would've been called back during the regular season. The refs are clearly told to judge the ruck differently in finals and that doesn't help a game plan that relies on generating momentum off quick ptb.

Nah Barnett pushed over a marker in the second half and they made him play the ball again - they are just crims

No because his body was stuffed. He spent 50% of the game jogging or walking
No, because he spent the other '50%' making a game high number of tackles.
Notice you can't seem to pass on making a comment most games about Tohu Harris 'walking' or 'on the ground' or some other position -to make point you think he's past it, not up to it?
You must spend the whole game focused on what he's doing 😆
You must also see that he does more than his fair share of everything, still is where he ought to be when the time comes, and that's why you see him doing that - he's in most plays!
All Forwards take moments to recover throughout games, but you only have critical 👀 for one doing it 😆

Not the result we wished for, Broncos killed us with offloads early on and even with the contentious calls against us, they deserved that win.
I for one have absolutely no regrets looking back on our season, to think we were 80 minutes from a GF after what we've been through the past few years is something else. My trip to Brisbane, yet an expensive one was a memory I'll have for life.....still have absolutely no voice! Next year's officially "Our Year".

IMG_1228.jpg

Warning warning Warning
This post is not about forward passes so feel free to skip reading it

Kevin waiters out coached Webster last night
They played a heifer skeiter brand of jungle ball knowing full well we don’t defend it well
Had they got into a grind match with us then there was a 50 percent chance we win

If we suspected we might need a different kicker than SJ then Pompey should have taken up kicking at game 10 the season and not game 23

Your goal kicker in the finals needs to be tried and tested and had a few off nights under his belt that he battled through

Was jazz really the better choice over bunty in the end

All learnings for Webster in his rookie year
He nailed the regular season but has points to ponder on from the finals
Broncos second phase killed us because we were not allowed parity with ruck control.

Second phase has always troubled the Warriors but in the past it was because of laziness.

I hope we all accept by now that our team is not lazy this year, they just could not reform because of the liberty they had in the ruck vs ours.

Jazz was ok, he had some lapses but also did some really good stuff in the game.

I do not blame Webster at all for the way the game went, we had the lead with his game plan early and we were troubling them in the territory stakes off the new passing angles from DH that Egan employed, we actually looked brilliant till we started getting penalized for nothing.

Bottom line, none of the top three sides (we are the real 3rd placed side in this comp not the Storm) can survive against the others with a Ref in the pocket.

And you will see what I mean when the Broncos look poor in the GF against the Riff.

Not the result we wished for, Broncos killed us with offloads early on and even with the contentious calls against us, they deserved that win.
I for one have absolutely no regrets looking back on our season, to think we were 80 minutes from a GF after what we've been through the past few years is something else. My trip to Brisbane, yet an expensive one was a memory I'll have for life.....still have absolutely no voice! Next year's officially "Our Year".

View attachment 948

Didn’t know you were mates with Bob Hawk

Nailed it on all points.

I have one point of difference though. I hope Penrith and Brisbane both lose next week. Brisbane have Reecey vs Luai for "Dally M arrogant bugger of the year". Should be a cracker. But.......I refuse to watch next week. My petty support for our team.

On a further side note. If your username is based on the Sepultura song and album. One of my old favs.
Luai and Crichton are two guys that just come of as smug and rather the young broncs wipe the smile of there faces, but in saying that, dont mind young Cleary, he comes of as humble... .... yes hard out into headbanging music early nineties, more into Grunge with metal and hardrock in between.... changed it to chaos with a K way back in the day for gaming avatars, because the original was always taken 🤣

Has our small ball bench worked more than 2 games this season? I think its very situational and got us into way more trouble than anything else this season.

Needs a rethink - if it’s gonna be small ball then it has to be explosive eg Spencer Leniu types not Jazz Tevangas. Can’t be carrying lussick and Sironen at the same time.

Me thinks Bunty to partner AFB to start and then bench of

Barnett
CHT
Walker
Ale

Has our small ball bench worked more than 2 games this season? I think its very situational and got us into way more trouble than anything else this season.

Needs a rethink - if it’s gonna be small ball then it has to be explosive eg Spencer Leniu types not Jazz Tevangas. Can’t be carrying lussick and Sironen at the same time.

Me thinks Bunty to partner AFB to start and then bench of

Barnett
CHT
Walker
Ale
I hate to say it, but I feel like last time we had 2 strike props was when Lodge and AFB were on together (can't even remember what year that was). Didn't last long that combo but felt they had strike power (while it lasted). Like the idea of a Leniu type to compliment AFB.
Kind of feels like our prop stand-ins (Tohu aside) were all a bit same-same across the board. Maybe Bunty has more in the tank.

Back home after a great weekend in Brizvegas. Shame about the result but reality is, forward passes and slowing the ruck aside, there was only one team in it.

We were outgunned, left right and centre.

Not to worry, we've had a wonderful year considering myself and few on here were thinking at the start of the season we might be sitting very near the spoon

Very proud of the whole brand "Warriors Inc" including everyone on here. It humbles me.

Not many teams in NZ can command the fandom we have, respect and continue.

We have the systems now and the people in place to push on and ensure we maintain our position at the top end of the comp

Bring on 2024. Can't wait and wtf do we do until January?

I hate to say it, but I feel like last time we had 2 strike props was when Lodge and AFB were on together (can't even remember what year that was). Didn't last long that combo but felt they had strike power (while it lasted). Like the idea of a Leniu type to compliment AFB.
Kind of feels like our prop stand-ins (Tohu aside) were all a bit same-same across the board. Maybe Bunty has more in the tank.
Lodge and AFB was deadly as. I remember us marching up field easy as but we didn’t have the halves and outside backs to finish things off.

Back home after a great weekend in Brizvegas. Shame about the result but reality is, forward passes and slowing the ruck aside, there was only one team in it.

We were outgunned, left right and centre.

Not to worry, we've had a wonderful year considering myself and few on here were thinking at the start of the season we might be sitting very near the spoon

Very proud of the whole brand "Warriors Inc" including everyone on here. It humbles me.

Not many teams in NZ can command the fandom we have, respect and continue.

We have the systems now and the people in place to push on and ensure we maintain our position at the top end of the comp

Bring on 2024. Can't wait and wtf do we do until January?
Glad you had a good time Rick.
Unfortunately in my opinion we failed to get enough guys involved in the tackle.
Their offloading killed us.
There is a fine line as if guys involved in the tackle fail to stop the offload others are left stranded. They are a very good team as they have proven

No, because he spent the other '50%' making a game high number of tackles.
Notice you can't seem to pass on making a comment most games about Tohu Harris 'walking' or 'on the ground' or some other position -to make point you think he's past it, not up to it?
You must spend the whole game focused on what he's doing 😆
You must also see that he does more than his fair share of everything, still is where he ought to be when the time comes, and that's why you see him doing that - he's in most plays!
All Forwards take moments to recover throughout games, but you only have critical 👀 for one doing it 😆

Missed all the posts I call him a legend, a warrior, and with the heart of lion?

I criticised AFB, but none of the other forwards are our ball playing lock.

Kiwis be mad sensitive these days.

Back