General Warriors or Wahs?

Fark that is pretty shit of Good George trying to do register the trademark. It's questionable to cash in. It's abhorrent to cash in and block others, particularly the club

I've got a couple of dozen of these in the fridge. Which I'll have to dispose of a few cans at a time. But won't buy from them again

1694231865576.png

Up The fact that I've watched this team since 95. You could say up the Shas, up the mars, up the papas and I would not give a fhas ? We are not a trend we are a club full of people who have given their time, love and enegry to this club. This is a pointless thread.

As much as I hate " Up the Wahs", I hate " Up the Pahs" even more.
Th Panthers have even tried to copy the " Up the Wahs" song using the OMC backing tune. Its on their social media accounts.

Fark that is pretty shit of Good George trying to do register the trademark. It's questionable to cash in. It's abhorrent to cash in and block others, particularly the club

I've got a couple of dozen of these in the fridge. Which I'll have to dispose of a few cans at a time. But won't buy from them again

Based on what I have read it's not the case all

They have both worked with eachother in the past and are trademarking in different classes.

Good George want it for beverages. The club want it for Clothing merchandise.

This is quite a common scenario.

Good George have even suggested they will forgo their application in exchange for assurances of working together on the drinks

Storm in a tea cup really. Drink your beers lol

Do they deserve it though?

Different companies can hold trademarks for the same thing if they are totally unrelated and used as their individual brand.

However they are clearly referencing the Warriors team, using the Warriors team colours and trying to pass themselves as part of the Warriors brand (or approved by the Warriors brand). Sneakily trying to associate to a better brand that they haven’t earned.

It’s not their brand to promote, even for beverages. What happens if Good George do some stupid marketing gimmicks that by association smear the Warriors? Exactly the reason it shouldn’t be given.

I have experience trademarking a well known name in a different category and the rules are pretty clear. I don’t think Good Home will their application approved if the Warriors fight it.

Based on what I have read it's not the case all

They have both worked with eachother in the past and are trademarking in different classes.

This is quite a common scenario.

Good George have even suggested they will forgo their application in exchange for assurances of working together on the drinks

Storm in a tea cup really. Drink your beers lol
When exactly have Good George worked with The Warriors or Rugby League even?

It's pretty clear IP exploitation but before the trademark application not worth the legal expense or effort for the Warriors to shut down.

IMO it's a really scummy move to apply for the trademark especially without any connection to the sport.

When exactly have Good George worked with The Warriors or Rugby League even?

It's pretty clear IP exploitation but before the trademark application not worth the legal expense or effort for the Warriors to shut down.

IMO it's a really scummy move to apply for the trademark especially without any connection to the sport.

All covered in here

Do they deserve it though?

Different companies can hold trademarks for the same thing if they are totally unrelated and used as their individual brand.

However they are clearly referencing the Warriors team, using the Warriors team colours and trying to pass themselves as part of the Warriors brand (or approved by the Warriors brand). Sneakily trying to associate to a better brand that they haven’t earned.

It’s not their brand to promote, even for beverages. What happens if Good George do some stupid marketing gimmicks that by association smear the Warriors? Exactly the reason it shouldn’t be given.

I have experience trademarking a well known name in a different category and the rules are pretty clear. I don’t think Good Home will their application approved if the Warriors fight it.

They could keep the phrase and ditch the colours.

Sounds like both parties will come to an agreement.

They could keep the phrase and ditch the colours.

Sounds like both parties will come to an agreement.
You mean use the ‘up the wahs’ term in a capacity totally unrelated to the Warriors? Yes they could.

But they would sell none and it would be worthless to them. The value is in capitalising and associating to the Warriors brand in an underhand way.

If the Warriors come to an agreement it would be for Good Home to pay a percentage of the profits and allow the Warriors to approve each promotion. Recognition that it’s the Warriors branding. And only done by the Warriors to keep the lawyers out of it.

You mean use the ‘up the wahs’ term in a capacity totally unrelated to the Warriors?

They would sell none and it would be worthless to them. It’s straight up a move to capitalise on the Warriors brand.

If the Warriors come to an agreement it would be for Good Home to pay a percentage of the profits and allow the Warriors to approve the use. Recognition that it’s the Warriors branding. And only done by the Warriors to keep the lawyers out of it.

Maybe

Alot happening behind the scenes it seems.

Good George are claiming to have a good relationship with the club. Who are we to say that's not true?

Craft brewerys are known for being edgy, pushing the boundarys.

Here we are discussing a beer brand in a league forum. Touche to them

Maybe

Alot happening behind the scenes it seems.

Good George are claiming to have a good relationship with the club. Who are we to say that's not true?

Craft brewerys are knows for being edgy, pushing the boundarys.

Here we are discussing a beer brand in a league forum. Tochè to them
If they're deleting social posts because people commenting on their business practice it's not a good look at all...

If they're deleting social posts because people commenting on their business practice it's not a good look at all...

I wouldn't keep social posts up for my business full of uneducated shoulder chip comments either.

Back