Dally m prop of the year 2007
Dally m captain of the year 2007

Afb-
85 games
19 tries
41.2% win record
Dally m prop of the year 2023, 2024

Who’s the goat?
Ironically for all their class, meters and tackling efficiency, I felt both had the negative that their didn’t use their physical size aggressively and physically impose themselves to turn a game.

Players like Wiki or Matalino were more the pack leader with a massive hit or bowling a defender out of the way. AFB and Price were more massive work horses.

There’s a chance JFH could bring that physical pack leaders aggression and rise above the both of them as Warriors legends.

Time will tell.

NZWarriors.com
Ironically for all their class, meters and tackling efficiency, I felt both had the negative that their didn’t use their physical size aggressively and physically impose themselves to turn a game.

Players like Wiki or Matalino were more the pack leader with a massive hit or bowling a defender out of the way. AFB and Price were more massive work horses.

There’s a chance JFH could bring that physical pack leaders aggression and rise above the both of them as Warriors legends.

Time will tell.
I see it the other way, instead of blowing your Wad trying to dominate the opposition, using that late footwork and using size to bend the line or running at a gap is the sign of an elite middle.
Price and AFB are the best I’ve seen in that mould, the minutes the 2 can play effectively is insane.
Dont get me wrong I love physical intimidating middles and no doubt AFB especially could play that role, but no way could you play long minutes doing that.

Time will tell.
Unfortunately Matalinos shoulder tackles would see him in the judiciary rooms regularly.

It’s easy to forgo how good matulino was next of the way his career petered out but in his mid 20s he was elite.
Agree that banning the shoulder charge took away one of his big weapons.
Always wonder how different his career might have looked if not for the loss of his good mate Sonny fai.
For the record-

Ben matulino-
212 games
17 trys
44.8% win percentage
Warriors player of the year 2012, 2015

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Time will tell.
Yeah not buying that BS

An experienced pack with Murata, Harris, Capewell, Barnett and AFB has more than enough physicality and aggression needed. Replacing AFB with JFH won’t shift the needle any higher

Steve price-
91 games
13 tries
46.2% win record
Warriors player of the year 2007
Dally m prop of the year 2007
Dally m captain of the year 2007

Afb-
85 games
19 tries
41.2% win record
Dally m prop of the year 2023, 2024

Who’s the goat?
Both of them are deserving of being the number one! Different era's, but both leaders at eating meters.
They would had made an amazing pair of starting props! Different styles and shapes. A cookies and cream wet dream!