Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are a tradesman. Do you charge consumables or tool money as part of the job?

Isn’t having to stay in Wellington, part of his job that he’s out of pocket if he doesn’t get reimbursed?

And like you choosing your preferred standard of tool, he should be able to select his preferred accomodation standard. The report confirms premier house is run down.

And to say he should take a free shithole is like saying you should use a cheap brand of plaster the customer may have on site rather than charge for a premium brand of plaster that is fit for purpose.

And the argument he owns the property - he’s forgoing rental income to stay there himself so he wasn’t actually gaining anything by covering his lost rent. Now he’s actually losing the lost rental income to simply do his job and is actually out of pocket.

A bit of small mindedness coming in here. I wish you guys were this forensic about the missing $15b of covid money and the missing $1.9b of mental health funding. You know $3,500 for every person in NZ rather than Luxons $0.01c per person… it’s a political hit job that actually exposes the utter hypocrisy and fiscal dopeyness of the left. 🤣
In my personal situation if I’m working out of town, my accommodation is paid for by the person I’m doing the job for. If that accommodation is unsuitable then I’m free to go and find something better if I desire but that cost is on me as they’ve stayed in all the places they offer and have found them perfectly acceptable. Some of them haven’t been the greatest but perhaps an upgrade on premier house? Guess that’s just what some of us do to save money, but why would you if someone else is paying

You are a tradesman. Do you charge consumables or tool money as part of the job?

Isn’t having to stay in Wellington, part of his job that he’s out of pocket if he doesn’t get reimbursed?

And like you choosing your preferred standard of tool, he should be able to select his preferred accomodation standard. The report confirms premier house is run down.

And to say he should take a free shithole is like saying you should use a cheap brand of plaster the customer may have on site rather than charge for a premium brand of plaster that is fit for purpose.

And the argument he owns the property - he’s forgoing rental income to stay there himself so he wasn’t actually gaining anything by covering his lost rent. Now he’s actually losing the lost rental income to simply do his job and is actually out of pocket.

A bit of small mindedness coming in here. I wish you guys were this forensic about the missing $15b of covid money and the missing $1.9b of mental health funding. You know $3,500 for every person in NZ rather than Luxons $0.01c per person… it’s a political hit job that actually exposes the utter hypocrisy and fiscal dopeyness of the left. 🤣
We will get nowhere as a country if we don't hold politicians to account. Things have to change and our expectations have to be high.
Letting then off because the last guys did something too won't get us where we need to be.

We will get nowhere as a country if we don't hold politicians to account. Things have to change and our expectations have to be high.
Letting then off because the last guys did something too won't get us where we need to be.
Politicians living in their family home or a secondary home in Wellington can claim between $36,000 and $53,000 as an allowance for the interest of their mortgages… and a lot of them decided landlords can’t.

Considering that Hipkins property is within the commutable distance to the Beehive, I hope he wasn’t receiving that allowance while PM on any of the mortgages he has. Or that the architect of landlords not being able to claim interest, GrantR, wasn’t receiving the allowance last year on his mortgage interest.

Politicians living in their family home or a secondary home in Wellington can claim between $36,000 and $53,000 as an allowance for the interest of their mortgages… and a lot of them decided landlords can’t.

Considering that Hipkins property is within the commutable distance to the Beehive, I hope he wasn’t receiving that allowance while PM on any of the mortgages he has. Or that the architect of landlords not being able to claim interest, GrantR, wasn’t receiving the allowance last year on his mortgage interest.
As I have posted previously its the perception of the people insert (bottom feeders and the squeezed middle) that he should have been thinking about before accepting the subsidy.
Good on him for the back flip but too little too late.
Still a fuckwit

I have no problem with him accepting the subsidy and he is entitled to it.
Anyone with half a brain should realise the perception is he is greedy and certainly doesn't need it while people starve.
Still a fuckwit
the beauty is NONE of them need it.
not one.
agreed, he’s a greedy cunt.
but no more than any of the rest of them.

especially on the cunt part.

hipkins was begging the people in the pie shop to put a photo of him on the wall while playing some weird fucking game where he wouldn’t divulge the location of his favourite steak and cheese.
the fuck?!

who knows what games he was playing with his PM benefits.
i have no doubt of the excuses we would be have made for him though.

its always okay when the good guys do it though.

every single one of these smarmy fucking cunts is greasier than the last.
as soon as we stop pretending there’s a good side and a bad side the better.

I have no problem with him accepting the subsidy and he is entitled to it.
Anyone with half a brain should realise the perception is he is greedy and certainly doesn't need it while people starve.
Still a fuckwit
This x1000.

I milk my veteran benefits to the max and advise my mates to do the same, but we aren't running the fucking county. At such a time that there was public scrutiny on assets and trusts, and a reputation on the line, etc I would simply stop claiming. Its fucking so stupid and it points to seriously mediocre men and a mediocre circle of advisors who cant think 3,4 or 5 moves ahead.

But he did at least change his mind..

Last edited:
Fair dues to Potato head.
He realized even though he was in the right the perception was horrible in the current climate.
Pity he didn't have the brains to do it without outside advice but he did it.
Still a fuckwit.
Willie Jackson, Duncan Webb, Jan Tinetti, and Deborah Russell also claimed the $45,000 a year.

Do they have the brains and integrity that Luxon has to pay it back now it’s an issue?

Are Labour really the party of the downtrodden and poor, or is it all talk and they are just as greedy?

Or maybe we’ve got it all wrong and parliamentarians aren’t actually paid enough for their role. Robertson’s getting $600k just to run a university (vs Luxon’s $470k) and MP’s have been known to shoplift clothes to make ends meet.

Last edited:
Willie Jackson, Duncan Webb, Jan Tinetti, and Deborah Russell also claimed the $45,000 a year.

Do they have the brains and integrity that Luxon has to pay it back now it’s an issue?

Are Labour really the party of the downtrodden and poor, or is it all talk and they are just as greedy?

Or maybe we’ve got it all wrong and parliamentarians aren’t actually paid enough for their role. Robertson’s getting $600k just to run a university (vs Lucinda’s $470k) and MP’s have been known to shoplift clothes to make ends meet.
Simple answer is that he has since stopped the subsidy and he is paying back the money.
Took him a while to work out his mistake.
Fact

Simple answer is that he has since stopped the subsidy and he is paying back the money.
Took him a while to work out his mistake.
Fact
2 hours since he found out it was an issue?

Are the other MP’s going to be as fast as Wood was with his shares? We’re still waiting for them to match Luxons honourable deed… A test for Hipkins leadership to try to match Luxons efficiency. And will the left media be consistent?

What does Willie Jackson have to say as the defender of the poor while exposed sucking on the taxpayers tit?

Last edited:
2 hours since he found out it was an issut?

Are the other MP’s going to be as fast as Wood was with his shares? We’re still waiting for them to match Luxons honourable deed… A test for Hipkins leadership to try to match Luxons efficiency. And will the left media be consistent?

What does Willie Jackson have to say as the defender of the poor while exposed sucking on the taxpayers tit?
Surely you are smart enough to understand it isn't about claiming the subsidy, it is all about the optics of it combined with telling the rest of the country they need to make cuts or save money whilst claiming 52k a week tax free that he really does not need.

I do not agree with the other MPs claiming it either if they do not need it but it sounds as if it all needs looking at, especially during this time. Hopefully this issue being raised leads to a lot of other questions being asked.

Or maybe we’ve got it all wrong and parliamentarians aren’t actually paid enough for their role. Robertson’s getting $600k just to run a university (vs Luxon’s $470k) and MP’s have been known to shoplift clothes to make ends meet.
Do those guys own 7 properties mortgage free? Are they living in an apartment they own and claiming 45k? If so then yes they should, it's outrageous and out of touch with the average Joe and common sense really. Don't claim if you own it outright

Surely you are smart enough to understand it isn't about claiming the subsidy, it is all about the optics of it combined with telling the rest of the country they need to make cuts or save money whilst claiming 52k a week tax free that he really does not need.

I do not agree with the other MPs claiming it either if they do not need it but it sounds as if it all needs looking at, especially during this time. Hopefully this issue being raised leads to a lot of other questions being asked.
Regrettably he is not!

Grant Robinson also asked for cuts to the government departments while claiming it.

Grant Robinson also asked for cuts to the government departments while claiming it.
He needn’t bother, could have just reimbursed himself from the remuneration authority that was allowing them to wrought their expenses

Back