Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

Strange how there’s no interest in David McLeod’s faux pa. Was a big topic when Micheal Wood was found out in a monetary issue, McLeod’s a much larger sum
And Michael Wood's was undeclared shares. This is a much larger conflict of interest that strikes at the heart of our democratic process and integrity.

Strange how there’s no interest in David McLeod’s faux pa. Was a big topic when Micheal Wood was found out in a monetary issue, McLeod’s a much larger sum
I think the difference is that David McLeod has addressed it straight away while Michael Wood repeatedly said he was selling shares which he didn’t sell.

Then there’s the point that McLeod hasn’t personally benefited from donations passed on through him to the National Party while Woods continued to hold shares he was personally benefitting from.

Last edited:
And Michael Wood's was undeclared shares. This is a much larger conflict of interest that strikes at the heart of our democratic process and integrity.
It’s not COR because:

1 - the National party picked it up themselves and declared it rather than it being forced on them - open and transparent

2 - he’s been stood down and removed from that position - consequences.

The tribal politics just bore me. I really don’t care about the political oneupmanship around individual MP’s. Gotcha games. I’ve barely commented on the Greens issues. Let the party deal with them.

I’m more interested in the PARTY politics, what they achieve, their vision for NZ. Their policies.

The parties are much more important than the individual - albeit individuals need to be dealt with professionally.

I think the difference is that David McLeod has addressed it straight away while Michael Wood repeatedly said he was selling shares which he didn’t sell.
Just a misunderstanding in your eyes? Quite a considerable amount more. Woods a bit ridiculous considering the pitiful amount he stood to gain, just dumb

This entire forum - parties on the left in power - OH MY GOD, INEPT, COMMIE, THEY'RE STEALING MY MONEY, WHAT ABOUT MY TAX BREAKS AS A LANDLORD, CENSORSHIP, ECONOMIC DISASTER
Parties on the right in power - completely corrupted by big business, big tobacco, petrocorp, the gambling industry, the far right, conspiracy theorists and crazies, the religious right, privatisation, tax breaks for the rich at the expense of everyone else etc etc etc Atlas, neoliberalism, CORRUPTION, privatisation again - "Meh, nothing to see here, you lefties are just making shit up, you don't need to comment, no need to say anything, we won"

This entire forum - parties on the left in power - OH MY GOD, INEPT, COMMIE, THEY'RE STEALING MY MONEY, WHAT ABOUT MY TAX BREAKS AS A LANDLORD, CENSORSHIP, ECONOMIC DISASTER
Parties on the right in power - completely corrupted by big business, big tobacco, petrocorp, the gambling industry, the far right, conspiracy theorists and crazies, the religious right, privatisation, tax breaks for the rich at the expense of everyone else etc etc etc Atlas, neoliberalism, CORRUPTION, privatisation again - "Meh, nothing to see here, you lefties are just making shit up, you don't need to comment, no need to say anything, we won"
You're right about the bias, dunno about more corruption on the right, they're all COR!

Just a misunderstanding in your eyes? Quite a considerable amount more. Woods a bit ridiculous considering the pitiful amount he stood to gain, just dumb
What is interesting is that I just had a quick scan the latest MP’s financial interests. I’d had thought that a lot of them would have diverse private share portfolios but only a few do. Some have a few in tech and energy companies but mostly they’re invested in managed funds, KiwiSaver and other retirement schemes and, of course, property.

It’s also ridiculous how some of the right bloggers tried to say Woods didn’t declare his shareholding in Auckland Airport when it’s right there in the MP’s Financial Interest report showing he did declare it.

1716359563291.png

From page 55 of the report below:

Edit: the screenshot and linked report isn’t this latest one I referred to in the first paragraph but is an earlier one.

You ok mate?

Don’t get too caught up in politics.

The sooner you realise our forum ramblings won’t change anything in the world the better you will sleep at night 🤣

You think he deliberately hid it? Thought no one would ever find out?

If so, he’s so dumb National will kick him out themselves!

What is interesting is that I just had a quick scan the latest MP’s financial interests. I’d had thought that a lot of them would have diverse private share portfolios but only a few do. Some have a few in tech and energy companies but mostly they’re invested in managed funds, KiwiSaver and other retirement schemes and, of course, property.

It’s also ridiculous how some of the right bloggers tried to say Woods didn’t declare his shareholding in Auckland Airport when it’s right there in the MP’s Financial Interest report showing he did declare it.

View attachment 7416
From page 55 of the report below:

Edit: the screenshot and linked report isn’t this latest one I referred to in the first paragraph but is an earlier one.
He didn’t declare it for years despite so many warnings the media lost count.

He had to update it and amend past returns so it shows up their now.

I don’t think that was that big a deal except how dumb he was for not doing it after the repeated warnings.

He didn’t declare it for years despite so many warnings the media lost count.

He had to update it and amend past returns so it shows up their now.

I don’t think that was that big a deal except how dumb he was for not doing it after the repeated warnings.
It was unfathomable, was it sheer stupidity or something else, who knows.

Back