Social ðŸ’ª Savage September

Haha i should have opened this thread up!! Wondered what it was and thought doubt its rugby league related! Anyway joined a gym 4 days ago, has a pilates reformer room too..been 20 yesrs at least since ive done pilates...cant wait!! October plan anyone?? Im 61 years old and want/need to drop 5kgs...
Get into that reformer pilates class asap. At 61 that will change your life! I'm so time poor I need another month to organise my life.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Tested my left foot for ankle stability and realised it's still deficient. So intrinsic foot exercises.

Calf raises. Stretching as usual.

Pilates core and lower back.

That was an early session. See if I've got another round in me tonight.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Well, I must say you guys have inspired me to do better. Today, after a few weeks of trying to do pilates, I decided to bite the bullet and booked in a one on one hour introductory session. I have just finished it and it's kind of a weird feeling. First of all, what I was doing was on the right track but not right at the same time, if that makes sense! I feel like I haven't really done anything but my body is feeling it. Went through a variety of stretches and poses. Really highlighted how tight, lacking in strength and flexibility my body actually is. I am going to try to keep doing this at home 3-4 times a week. I'm going back for a half hour session every fortnight as well. Onwards!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Well, I must say you guys have inspired me to do better. Today, after a few weeks of trying to do pilates, I decided to bite the bullet and booked in a one on one hour introductory session. I have just finished it and it's kind of a weird feeling. First of all, what I was doing was on the right track but not right at the same time, if that makes sense! I feel like I haven't really done anything but my body is feeling it. Went through a variety of stretches and poses. Really highlighted how tight, lacking in strength and flexibility my body actually is. I am going to try to keep doing this at home 3-4 times a week. I'm going back for a half hour session every fortnight as well. Onwards!
That's awesome. I experienced all that and found a bunch of physical and mental limitations doing Pilates. But it's a keeper for sure and I'm happy that I jumped in for this month and how it's made me want to keep going. Life......play the long game.

That's awesome. I experienced all that and found a bunch of physical and mental limitations doing Pilates. But it's a keeper for sure and I'm happy that I jumped in for this month and how it's made me want to keep going. Life......play the long game.
Yes, we did what she called basic stretches and poses. Some I did with no problem at all and others my body just physically couldn't do with it's lack of flexibility and tightness. I guess the key, much like this thread is about, is continuing to improve and don't make excuses. Going to be interesting to see what my next session looks like and what improvement, if any, there is.

Yes, we did what she called basic stretches and poses. Some I did with no problem at all and others my body just physically couldn't do with it's lack of flexibility and tightness. I guess the key, much like this thread is about, is continuing to improve and don't make excuses. Going to be interesting to see what my next session looks like and what improvement, if any, there is.
I just aim to make improvements that can be measured. Like how many reps. How long can I hold a pose. Is it getting easier? Just measures to see progress etc

I was aiming to come home from work and get a weights session in then go for a bike ride.

I ended up going for a 40 minute walk with my wife. The plan then was to get a weights session in still and a bike ride. I got home and went straight into the garage, got my weights session in. The bike ride was a bit much. I was tired and by the time I finished making dinner it was too late. I'll go with the dinner excuse.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Last session for the month so I did

Scapular press ups 3 sets of 12

Crunches 10, 15, 20, 15, 10

Calf raises double leg. 3 sets of 12

Calf raises single leg 3 sets of 6, 8, 6 (harder but necessary)

Shadow boxing 10, 5, 2 punches X3 sets of 1min.

Throw as many punches as I can in 3 minutes a d I just about but didn't vomit 😎😎😎.

So..... Anyone keen for October? Ideas?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back