• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Sports 🏏 Black Caps

Stead, Southee, Blundell, Conway, Santner all need to be replaced, and the replacement strategy should have been there for the last four years. Stead clearly has, never had, a replacement plan and is stuck in the past.

Williamson, Henry are getting close to some form of retirement or short from move.

So this team has been completely destroyed by the strategy in the last 3 to 4 years for test cricket as short form dominates. Nowhere is this more apparent than in Devon Conway.

And it's also apparent that Stead doesn't possess the skillset to turn this around. There is no backup plan - we need the equivalent of Webby to take over, e.g. a Hesson sort.

10 more years in the test wilderness - can't stand T20 cricket meself, it's a shame to see this happen.

Ajaz should have always been the first choice spinner, there to take wickets at home and away. And agree, spinning should be an integral part of nz cricket forever.

NZWarriors.com
Feeling really disappointed with the black caps. The selection blunders have cost us big time. this result is embarrassing and does not bode well confidence wise heading to India. Starting from the top, feel for Latham he would he better suited to the middle order as he plays well against spin. For mine Young has a better technique and temperament then Conway he should be opening. Kane solid as a rock. Ravindra talented but loose. Mitchell another 1 day player. Blundell is OK I guess. Phillips = rock star keep him in. Santner = Shit waste of a space. Southee should have rode off into the sunset with Boult and Wagner. Now he's holding up the development of Sears and Henry. Ajaz is good. O Rourke looks good but very raw. Shit for brains ol stead.

Back