General Our 'Elite Four' Record

Something I've kept an eye on for a while is our record against Roosters, Bunnies, Storm & Panthers. (Generally the accepted 4 best teams).

Since the start of 2016
- 8 wins
- 45 losses

2023 - a fabulous season...
- 0 wins
- 6 losses

- 0 wins
- 1 loss

Last 10:
- v Storm (0-10)
- v Souths (1-9)
- v Roosters (3-7)
- v Panthers (1-9)

I'm going to track this publicly until such time as it is no longer a talking point!

Something I've kept an eye on for a while is our record against Roosters, Bunnies, Storm & Panthers. (Generally the accepted 4 best teams).

Since the start of 2016
- 8 wins
- 45 losses

2023 - a fabulous season...
- 0 wins
- 6 losses

- 0 wins
- 1 loss

Last 10:
- v Storm (0-10)
- v Souths (1-9)
- v Roosters (3-7)
- v Panthers (1-9)

I'm going to track this publicly until such time as it is no longer a talking point!
All those teams were easy-beats back in the first few years of our club's existence, we even had the wood on Melbourne for a while. Then they gradually caught up and started beating us, nek minute we're in a hoodoo.

But our time will come again, all clubs go through ebbs and flows of success over the decades. Ecept the Titans, they'll always be shit.

Last edited:
Telling. But remember we’ve only made the finals twice since since then.

Should have beaten Melbourne away - we get another shot at Mt smart later in the year. Chooks and Bunnies - time to break the spell.

With regards Penrith, we play them in magic round. Be nice to beat Ivan. But I’d prefer losing that and then winning in the GF… just saying.

Someone mentioned on the post-match thread that we will get a big scalp this year. I agree we are likely and these are the teams I'd consider a big scalp.

I would probably put the Broncos on the list as well. They beat us last year while they were down on troops and also the semi-final.

Souths are a bit down in confidence and their performances have been scratchy. This weekend is a good chance to get one over them.

The Roosters we have had some tough wins against

Last year we were in the games against these teams and in some cases were on top. Before injuries or a few calls went against us.

Some wins against these sides would be good heading into the finals. Give the guys some confidence and also means the media won't be highlighting poor stats against top 4 teams or whatever they decide to push. We might not be able to turn around all of these records in the minor premiership rounds. We have played the Storm once already and get one more chance. Some of the other teams we only play once.

The officiating is a big problem.
Watching our last game against the Bunnies, I had forgotten how Ashleigh Klien the cheat was in charge.
Addin FB was sent for a head shot (ok fair, but only legit if you call it every time we get head hit, which as we all know for fact is often times ignored).

Barney was obstructed, Bunker rules no obstruction, and some other boogety shit that game.

Every time we face these NRL pet sides we get screwed, beating them on merit is hard enough, beating them when you are being rogered is almost impossible, for anyone.

I don't want to derail the thread but it is a major factor in our poor record against these super teams that are 'supposed to win'.

Looking forward to a fair call this weekend given the Warriors are slight favorites.

The only way to overcome this issue is for the Warriors to become the best defensive side the NRL has ever seen, which is why the calls for youthful energy etc is somewhat bemusing, you cannot out attack a side that gets all the possession via the man in the middle, but you can stop them from scoring.

The officiating is a big problem.
Watching our last game against the Bunnies, I had forgotten how Ashleigh Klien the cheat was in charge.
Addin FB was sent for a head shot (ok fair, but only legit if you call it every time we get head hit, which as we all know for fact is often times ignored).

Barney was obstructed, Bunker rules no obstruction, and some other boogety shit that game.

Every time we face these NRL pet sides we get screwed, beating them on merit is hard enough, beating them when you are being rogered is almost impossible, for anyone.

I don't want to derail the thread but it is a major factor in our poor record against these super teams that are 'supposed to win'.

Looking forward to a fair call this weekend given the Warriors are slight favorites.

The only way to overcome this issue is for the Warriors to become the best defensive side the NRL has ever seen, which is why the calls for youthful energy etc is somewhat bemusing, you cannot out attack a side that gets all the possession via the man in the middle, but you can stop them from scoring.
More sense again! Defence is the cornerstone of any championship team. We can only control the controllable in which the ref is not. Being defensively minded will shape our success more than attack minded. Having said that, After a few games of the first choice spine being together (- Metcalf), I think we will start to see us more effective in attack than we have ever been… back half of the season - look out!

I would include the Broncos as the big 5 clubs

I would agree as of last year.

Although, this is looking at a longstanding lopsided matchups (5 wins 35 losses in our last 40 against these 4 teams)

Our record against Brisbane is pretty much 50/50 in the same time period

Wasn’t the dragons our bogey team a couple of years ago as well.

These thighs go in cycles. I think South’s are the ones dropping away where we can start to even up the ledger.
Dragons and Manly were our bogey teams since the beginning. Dragons not so much these days, but Manly always give us trouble. Bunnies became our biggest bogey since then, time to give them the flick ;)

When Elliot was coach we got a win against the Cowboys I think it was and it was the first win in Townsville for like forever.

Then the next week he was asked about the hoodoo against that weeks opposition.

I remember him laughing "Does this club have a hoodoo against everyone".

He may have been sacked a few weeks later as well after we failed on overcoming said hoodoo.

We have been talking about scalps and our records against certain teams.

Today we got one over Souths who we have a poor record against.

To be honest with how they are going yes we got the 2 points. But I don't think this will be the last of our wins against any of these sides.

I expect we will get something bigger. One of these sides while they are in form.