Sports WWE / Wrestling

The allegations that caused Vince McMahon out of the WWE a few years ago have come out again. This time with more details and legal documents.

A warning depending on your sensibilities these are pretty graphic in points. Or maybe disgusting may be a better word.

This one is an article on it.

This one has the legal document.

The woman making the allegations wasn't questioned when the WWE did their investigation a few years ago which isn't a good look for the management that took over at the time.
Take it you've seen the texts he was sending her too then. You'd expect it from Vince given what he'd do as part of segments back in the day with all the female wrestlers

Take it you've seen the texts he was sending her too then. You'd expect it from Vince given what he'd do as part of segments back in the day with all the female wrestlers
The only texts I saw were briefly mentioned in articles. Had to look them up.

The funny thing about this coming out today. I was looking at an old list of pro wrestling urban legends this morning. I remember thinking some of them with the McMahons wouldn't be right as they have too much at stake being owners.

The only texts I saw were briefly mentioned in articles. Had to look them up.

The funny thing about this coming out today. I was looking at an old list of pro wrestling urban legends this morning. I remember thinking some of them with the McMahons wouldn't be right as they have too much at stake being owners.
Money makes you think you're powerful though. Cant wait to hear Vince and Laurinitis's stories and response though. Even possibily Brock Lesnars evidence given he's touted as the "wwe superstar" noted in the affidavits

Part of the legal documents has Vince saying his marriage is just a shame for business purposes. That could be just a line he used on her. That he was a lonely old man. Mind you there has been rumours of him living the single life.

The others named or hinted at are married. Also married to people connected to the wrestling business so would be around the office or the shows at some point. Or at least around people that may have known what was going on or suspected something.

Listening to some of the discussion on this they mentioned Brock left the WWE the last time this came up. Back then he made a statement about being loyal to Vince. This can be taken in a different context now.

You have to feel for the person who said "Go see Vince" to her when she was having a hard time financially and being down after losing her parents. You'd think no skin off a rich guys nose to give her some money or pay her rent. Instead he offers her jobs it sounds like she wasn't qualified for and gets over paid. Promises of promotions before being moved sideways instead. Even some of the pay offs like $15 worth of vouchers or whatever it was for that store seem insane. But it was probably better for him than paying her cash.

It might have started off reasonably normal besides the huge age difference. It does seem like things got out of hand and due to statements he's made or how he helped her financially it would have been hard to escape the situation.

In other news the Royal Rumble is on this weekend. I've been debating on signing up for the WWE Network as my boys (7 & 10) have taken some interest in wrestling and are aware of the Royal Rumble.

Not sure if they would sit through an entire show. It would probably cost me a bit in treats to keep them by the TV.

As the weather looks like it could pack in being at home inside it seemed like a good option.

Due to the Iron Claw coming out I've been watching some of the old documentaries on WCCW or the Von Erichs and have got into a bit of an old school territory kick. Mainly WCCW and Mid South. So having those to go through would be pretty cool.

In other news the Royal Rumble is on this weekend. I've been debating on signing up for the WWE Network as my boys (7 & 10) have taken some interest in wrestling and are aware of the Royal Rumble.

Not sure if they would sit through an entire show. It would probably cost me a bit in treats to keep them by the TV.

As the weather looks like it could pack in being at home inside it seemed like a good option.

Due to the Iron Claw coming out I've been watching some of the old documentaries on WCCW or the Von Erichs and have got into a bit of an old school territory kick. Mainly WCCW and Mid South. So having those to go through would be pretty cool.
I'll watch the rumble, not a fan of Hulk Hogan entering though, that will be a piss break. Bayleys suggested to win the womens, but if Dakotas fit and the swerve is she enters and eliminates bayley to win, i'll be happy but highly doubt it

I'll watch the rumble, not a fan of Hulk Hogan entering though, that will be a piss break. Bayleys suggested to win the womens, but if Dakotas fit and the swerve is she enters and eliminates bayley to win, i'll be happy but highly doubt it
I've been watching a bit of Dutch Mantell and there was one video they discussed Hulk Hogan wanting one more match. After reading your post I see some rumours for the rumble. He shouldn't be near the ring again after all of the operations he's had.

I really hope this is one of the lies he's told. He's told a lot over the years so something like this would be on the smaller scale.

I've only started watching or maybe checking in on the modern stuff. They some pretty good characters. The woman's roster has definitely picked up. Can see why Becky Lynch is a big star.

The more you read, the more fucked up it is. Old vince naming dildos after wrestlers based on the colour.. wtaf haha. Fucked thing is you read parts with vinces voice in your head and it sounds all too true
One comment on a video I've seen was "Tony Khan treats his wrestlers as toys, Vince McMahon treats his toys as wrestlers".

I've been telling people if you get bored professional wrestling is interesting to look into. That was more the stories over the years around the deaths and drugs. Things like the Bruiser Brody murder or Gino Hernandez.

The Dark Side of the Ring released their 5th season episodes. I was surprised by the 4th season as I thought they were scrapping the barrel. They could do a season just on Vince.

Last edited:
I've seen a few videos of lawyers covering the Vince McMahon issue.

The first one is Jim Cornette's lawyer Stephen P New. He's been mentioning this guy for years even with adverts on his show and everyone thought he was a fictional character Cornette made up.

Stephen P New said the court filing was one of the best he's seen with all of the detail in there. Remember they would still get to do discovery to get more information. But at the moment even the text messages Vince would have to defend those in court assuming it went that far.

Another lawyer I've watched from other cases went over the case. Again said how impressive it is. He's a criminal lawyer and said with this information your in a strong position as she had the dates for the incidents and all of the communication. He also said he'd be suprised if nothing criminal came of this and a prosecutor would likely be keeping an eye on it. Some of the news the last few days that may be moving forward in the background.

The other thing the criminal lawyer mention is the pay out for this one could make the recent trump pay out in his sexual assault case. Due to the details in the case (evidence and nature of the described incidents). Also remember there are 3 parties being sued with McMahon, Laurinaitis and the WWE.

Her lawyer has also come out in an interview that more people have contacted her and they have been going through the information. It may be a case of a lot of the past of the business being brought up and confirmed if it is true or not. Some of the incidents can't be fully reconciled with some people no longer alive but hopefully they get reconciled the best they can.

I'm not across how the court process works with 3 parties being named.

We had a woman at work once gone for about 6 weeks or more pretty much straight after she started. She was on jury duty and the case took so long as it was a group of people but they all had seperate lawyers who said it wasn't my client it was the others. Rinse and repeat.

Laurinaitis' lawyer saying he was a victim of McMahon as well shows the three parties will be defended separately with different interests. The statement from Laurinaitis' lawyer seems stupid, lawyers usually have a reason for what they say regarding a case. It might be their only option (unless he can settle) with the case against them.

I'm not sure if any of the parties can settle and leave her to pursue the others.

Her lawyer said she wants to clean up the culture in the WWE. It will be interesting as it progresses to see how much the staff knew. We know a lot of staff knew who she was in that she was Vinces' girlfriend and had a high paying job she wasn't qualified for. The resentment from staff may have been that she didn't have to do much work. We don't know if the staff knew she was being locked in a room, we don't know if they knew if Grant was having sex with Vince and/or Laurinaitis at work. That would come out in discovery.

The above paragraph is for the office staff working around her. We know the production staff likely know. Their head guy who has been there for 30+ years resigned recently. Vince also bragged about showing the production staff.

The talent is another matter. We already know a referee knew. Likely more talent would know.

If it can be settled individually I think the company itself would be the best position to settle. They are under new ownership, can hire an external company or bring in policies, Ari Emanual also has his daughter there and said he'd be ruthless to cleaning it up. If they can settle individually I'd say the WWE could settle and give her enough money to fight the other two in court.

I'm not across how the court process works with 3 parties being named.

We had a woman at work once gone for about 6 weeks or more pretty much straight after she started. She was on jury duty and the case took so long as it was a group of people but they all had seperate lawyers who said it wasn't my client it was the others. Rinse and repeat.

Laurinaitis' lawyer saying he was a victim of McMahon as well shows the three parties will be defended separately with different interests. The statement from Laurinaitis' lawyer seems stupid, lawyers usually have a reason for what they say regarding a case. It might be their only option (unless he can settle) with the case against them.

I'm not sure if any of the parties can settle and leave her to pursue the others.

Her lawyer said she wants to clean up the culture in the WWE. It will be interesting as it progresses to see how much the staff knew. We know a lot of staff knew who she was in that she was Vinces' girlfriend and had a high paying job she wasn't qualified for. The resentment from staff may have been that she didn't have to do much work. We don't know if the staff knew she was being locked in a room, we don't know if they knew if Grant was having sex with Vince and/or Laurinaitis at work. That would come out in discovery.

The above paragraph is for the office staff working around her. We know the production staff likely know. Their head guy who has been there for 30+ years resigned recently. Vince also bragged about showing the production staff.

The talent is another matter. We already know a referee knew. Likely more talent would know.

If it can be settled individually I think the company itself would be the best position to settle. They are under new ownership, can hire an external company or bring in policies, Ari Emanual also has his daughter there and said he'd be ruthless to cleaning it up. If they can settle individually I'd say the WWE could settle and give her enough money to fight the other two in court.
She want to clean up the culture in WWE? 🤣

It’s was successful only because it was extreme. As it’s toned itself down it’s lost relevance.

Away from the McMahon news. I managed to watch 99% of the Rumble card. I got through most of the card before the kids decided to do something else (wrestle in the sun room, then head off outside or something). I then got to the final 4 later on and they wanted to watch it so I had to start the men's match again.

Cody he looks like a star. I presume they are heading towards Reigns at Wrestlemania to redo last years main event. The stuff with the Rock people are getting worried about is probably an obstacle on the way to that.

Bron Brekker took Brocks spot. He should be rewarded with a Wrestlemania match even if they keep it short and play to his strengths.

She want to clean up the culture in WWE? 🤣

It’s was successful only because it was extreme. As it’s toned itself down it’s lost relevance.
Those were words from her lawyer. They would be referring to off camera and mainly in the office.

The question she will need to answer will be she was heading to the office to have sex. If it was any other company and not with the boss that would be a case for HR or dismissal. The assault is another matter.

Business wise it may have been successful as it was extreme in the last boom from 97-2001. The business is cyclical as they find something successful and push that until it no longer works. They were trying to find another Hulk Hogan for years after he left. Business wise they have been doing well the last 10 years despite the on screen product not being the best. More revenue streams, big broadcast deals, Network.

Before the last boom they tried to do the Rumble in a stadium and struggled even with a home town star. That is a yearly thing now. The attitude era had to work up to getting Wrestlemania into a stadium. Besides 20 going back to the traditional venue at the garden and 21 it's been in a stadium since then. It has also moved to two nights.

Back to the lawyers comments on cleaning up the culture. We will soon see as the discussion when this first broke was a settlement. Grant originally accepted a $3million pay out. This may have not come up again if McMahon paid it in full or she may have realised after reading the news on the total pay outs he's made that she may have been short changed.

If she turns down the amounts that have been discussed and takes it to court to tell her story and get the case heard by a jury. Then leave herself to them to decide her pay out instead of taking a settlement she can decide on herself. Then she really is looking to clean up the culture.

The other thing. I'm not sure if the State this would be heard in works this way. But you usually get two settlements. One is to make you hole again (weird term but got that from lawyers) and another pay out. Some states only allow one of them up to a certain amount and the jury likely won't know that.

Amber Heard got a ruling against her for millions for that part but Virginia had a limit of $500k to $1 million.

The question she will need to answer will be she was heading to the office to have sex. If it was any other company and not with the boss that would be a case for HR or dismissal. The assault is another matter.
She was part of the extremism at the time. She knew exactly what she was doing, why she was being paid so much and what she had to do to get it.

Just out for a big payout, not some social justice Warrior that wants to clean up the company.

Not a wrestling fan but saw the movie The Iron Claw yesterday which told the story of the Von Erich family - worth a watch

Not a wrestling fan but saw the movie The Iron Claw yesterday which told the story of the Von Erich family - worth a watch
I went to see it this week as well. I've been waiting a while to see it as it released in a few markets before Christmas.

I was telling my mate about it. He must not have read my messages too well as he got a bit shocked when it started going down hill.

The film cut out a brother due to time constraints. The film makers were saying building up another character and death would also be hard to take. That decision meant the quote at the end had to change instead of "I used to be a brother, now I'm not a brother" he actually has said "I used to be one of 5 brothers, now I'm not even a brother".

Kevin also went through a tough time and nearly went the same way which was also cut out for time constraints.

Back