Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Sean Keppie has reportedly signed with the Rabbitohs effective immediately:

1696731849614.png

Rules him out for us.

Huh? Previous two years would include this year. We were one game away from the grand final. Not bad for a team that included a pack of forwards you claim didn't look that great? Lol
In my dictionary previous two are 2021, 2022 since it's still 2023.

Like wouldn't you say we had a good year this year?

For me next season shows the true growth of both Walsh and the Broncos

If they can reset and continue with another massive season and add into that their works ons, then I def will give more credit to Walsh

Walsh was shown up a bit in the GF and is playing in a great running attacking side, but the proof pudding is next season

Same for us
Agree, league is all about defence, if you can't tackle you're kore, would you like someone next to you who can't tackle, you'd think with all his speed he would be great at tackling, instead he's always tackling air, swing and miss, it takes a bit of brainwork to be a good tackler as well as timing and put your body on the line - some courage, so at the moment Reece needs more time in the job defensively.

I would imagine he would be going cheaply due to his exit from the Titans, wouldn't be a bad pickup for a short term deal.
No way bro - he sucks!!! that would be a backwards step. Heck no! Not NRL quality anymore.

Signing another half when we have 4 (5 with Chanel) doesn't seem like Webbys style.

I'm going to assume that we will persist with Metcalf.
Someone would have to go if there's any truth in this Harry Smith rumour. Volks is my guess, I have doubts about Ronny being ready to lead the team around when SJ retires. Melcalf's hammies are also an ongoing worry.

Last edited:
Someone would have to go if there's any truth in this Harry Smith rumour. Volks is my guess, I have doubts about Ronny being ready to lead the team around when SJ retires. Melcalf's hammies are also an ongoing worry.
Surely Metcalf is the one prioritised between he and Volkman if there’s any truth to the interest in Harry Smith. He’s definitely a game manager but someone like Metcalf would be necessary for some X factor at five eighth, Smith has a good boot. We aren’t the only club interested so might not happen but being keen on making a move for the 2025 season apparently sounds ideal.

Surely Metcalf is the one prioritised between he and Volkman if there’s any truth to the interest in Harry Smith. He’s definitely a game manager but someone like Metcalf would be necessary for some X factor at five eighth, Smith has a good boot. We aren’t the only club interested so might not happen but being keen on making a move for the 2025 season apparently sounds ideal.
Smith impressive against Hull overnight, looks a step up from NSW cup. Hard to tell tho, Ronny might might kill it for Wigan next year and we can just swap them back over. Pretty handy having this exclusive Warriorbros arrangement with our fellow pie eaters.

So this guy is 24, played 100 games already and plays for England? That's a pretty impressive resume, I can't imagine Metcalf and Ronnie would be keen to fight it out with TMM to be the other half, especially as right now Metcalf would have a good chance walking in to a starting spot at atleast 5+ NRL clubs.

If we sign this guy I think both Metcalf and Ronnie would be gone

So this guy is 24, played 100 games already and plays for England? That's a pretty impressive resume, I can't imagine Metcalf and Ronnie would be keen to fight it out with TMM to be the other half, especially as right now Metcalf would have a good chance walking in to a starting spot at atleast 5+ NRL clubs.

If we sign this guy I think both Metcalf and Ronnie would be gone
Really hard to tell, I would have thought the club wouldn’t let Metcalf become available to other clubs and have him locked into another contract before November 1 with as many clubs after halves as you mentioned. In the articles about Harry Smith it mentions the links of his agent to the guys that got the knights deal through with the two poms heading there, but the knights have a pretty solid Jack Cogger going there to go with what they’ve got so that may not count for anything. He’d probably be an upgrade on any of theirs though to be fair. Perhaps there’s a link to Agar? Though he’s not signed past next year either. Ideally would be good to see SJ go around again if fit but his career is winding down.

I reckon Ronnie would be just as good as smith in super league and Metcalfe would probably look better and have a great highlights reel. In my opinion Ronnie is the future, all I see in metcalf since his injury is a fast guy.
Although I liked what I saw in preseason when metcalf was more of a playmaker, so i dunno, the more I look at it the less I know.

In my dictionary previous two are 2021, 2022 since it's still 2023.

Like wouldn't you say we had a good year this year?
Well context is everything when referring to a period of time. According to my diy marae dictionary

Last edited:
If they sign Smith then Metcalf is gone, he hasn’t resigned yet

TMM, Smith, Volkman, That teen from Penrith, CHT back up

Like others said Volkman is probably gone too if the signing happens