Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I'm glad this is sorted out quickly. Well for now. The other clubs will still keep inquiring about him as that is the nature of the NRL market.

The Warriors get the chance to see if they can pick up a replacement.

The two parties can also see if they can manage the situation. He won't be due back for pre-season for a while so there is time in Sydney there. Maybe let him spend some time there during the pre-season and maybe after away games.

Hopefully, this is the end of it until next year is finalised. The way the NRL rumours work though like we have seen with Tomkins homesick, RTS to union. Even if things are looking like they are confirmed they have a habit of coming back.

I was listening to SEN Sydney this morning.
Apparently there is a host of talent that are interested in coming to the warriors in the future. They said playing behind the likes of AFB is a big part in that.
Hopefully the club can sort out the long term future of him but I wonder which players have an interest in coming?

Good news but I’m not sure what to expect from his output next season. He doesn’t need to play for the value of a contract because the value is already locked in with us. If he had a shit season and dropped his lip other teams might not be prepared to take over that contract for the value it’s currently at.
Agreed good news for next year. I think they can handle the possibility of the dropped lip. We have more control and power now, because we can plan better for 2025. The warriors can work with what ever clubs are interested, with the benefit of time. Not the rush that could have been happening. I see something very similar to the Walsh/CNK now.

Sooo...
Including AFBs 1.1 mil, Curran's 480k, SJs 600k and either all of Tohu's 900k or about 400k of it, well have a whopping 2.5-3mil for 2025 and beyond.

I know we're going to have to upgrade a few people but shiet, who are we bringing in?

Priority for 2024 is to give Volkman, Ale, Zyon Maiu’u as much game time as possible this year as well need all 3 to step up big time in 2025

I don't see him dropping lip. We have great communication in our club and good performances
Yeah he seems like the sort of angry man that enjoys rag dolling opposition and letting out his frustrations on the field

If he did drop lip at any point, he’d soon get bored and want to run into the field and fold some c$nts

Sooo...
Including AFBs 1.1 mil, Curran's 480k, SJs 600k and either all of Tohu's 900k or about 400k of it, well have a whopping 2.5-3mil for 2025 and beyond.

I know we're going to have to upgrade a few people but shiet, who are we bringing in?

Priority for 2024 is to give Volkman, Ale, Zyon Maiu’u as much game time as possible this year as well need all 3 to step up big time in 2025
Ok so now we're not in full blown panic stations, we can start speculating on 2025. IMO we should be aiming young. Our youth pipeline should be starting to gear up by then and our aim should be to nab a core of young high end up and comers to build around. Even if it means we aren't competing for a couple years. Only way we get the crown is when our youth recruitment fires it and we get some underpaid star talent on their early contracts like the broncos.