General 2023 Home Semi Tickets - Member Presale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute clusterf

Logged in at 12
In waiting area for almost 20min on two devices.
Then couldn’t get either of them to allocate anything other than right up the nose bleeds in the west.

After an hour, the seat map came Live and managed to select some half decent Seats. Albeit nothing as good as my regular seats.

I would have happily told my mates to take a hike if it meant I could just select and reserve my 2 regular seats from the get go. Absolutely gutted that the nrl can’t figure out that if they gave us our regular seats no more no less it wouldn’t be a free for all

Anyone end up in row S bay 14? Would like to know if they were even available!

If anyone petitions the nrl or the club let me know.

28years, same seats.

Absolute clusterf

Logged in at 12
Then couldn’t get either of them to allocate anything other than right up the nose bleeds in the west.

After an hour, the seat map came Live and managed to select some half decent Seats. Albeit nothing as good as my regular seats.

I would have happily told my mates to take a hike if it meant I could just select and reserve my 2 regular seats from the get go. Absolutely gutted that the nrl can’t figure out that if they gave us our regular seats no more no less it wouldn’t be a free for all

28years, same seats.
Same experience for me too. Will happily get behind any petition or message to the club. Woke up this morning still grumpy about it

How did it work for our other home finals? Did you get the option for your seats or was it similar first in first served type deal?

The only time I considered going up for a home final was 2008 (2002 was poor student, 2007 I guess working poor 😅), but missed out on tickets so the road trip me and couple mates had planned to Akl (one who is coming with me for this upcoming game) ended up stopping at Taupo and watched at a bar there 😅

Well the whole process just pissed me off. Couldn't get any tickets in the end but I think it was as much the site or the code i had as the lack of tickets cause I tried for 2 hours but if they don't want to look after members they can take a jump. Told the dude i emailed to cancel my 2024 membership.
Bitter - yes, twisted - absolutely. Probably regret it tomorrow.
Can I still be on the forum if i hate the warriors?
I hate you too NRL.
Go the Geelong Cats.
Membership got canceled, the journey ends. Feel gutted but oh well onward and upward. Enjoy people.

Membership got canceled, the journey ends. Feel gutted but oh well onward and upward. Enjoy people.
It's not the Warriors fault...

But I think a group of us should write a well considered letter to the NRL and Club (which feels silly because home semi's aren't guaranteed)

Issues for me.

1. the buying process would be intimidating for older / less tech savvy members
2. the inability to buy your membership seats & whole bays being blocked out for NRL commercial partners. Season members should take precedent.
3. ticket buying process allocating "best available seats" that were inferior to season membership seats
4. The uncertainty around the venue for each week of playoff - totally unnecessary
5. The non - ticketed membership code being shared.

I had heard Broncos membership get a pre pre sale to secure their seats - but need to verify that.

I'm sure some kind souls on here will try get tickets on your behalf for the game (as some have already done in this thread).

Looks like the presale allocation now gone, but there's the general public release at 12 today.

#keepthefaith

I'm sure some kind souls on here will try get tickets on your behalf for the game (as some have already done in this thread).

Looks like the presale allocation now gone, but there's the general public release at 12 today.

#keepthefaith
I remember back to 2008 when we weren't members.... lining up at the Mad Butchers in the Kau to get tickets for the temporary seats on the northern bank. They were only GA so we arrived at the grounds around two hours before kick off in order to get good seats.

I remember back to 2008 when we weren't members.... lining up at the Mad Butchers in the Kau to get tickets for the temporary seats on the northern bank. They were only GA so we arrived at the grounds around two hours before kick off in order to get good seats.
We were the same. Got our North Stand GA tickets from the Mad Butcher in Rosedale.
We had Aidan Kirk's intercept and him running directly at us for the game sealing try. My Favourite Warriors moment.

1. the buying process would be intimidating for older / less tech savvy members
2. the inability to buy your membership seats & whole bays being blocked out for NRL commercial partners. Season members should take precedent.
3. ticket buying process allocating "best available seats" that were inferior to season membership seats
4. The uncertainty around the venue for each week of playoff - totally unnecessary
Playing the devil's advocate...

1 - it takes a lot of resource to set up assisted channels of purchase, and that would be on Ticketmaster rather than the club. Simply not worth it for a one-off event and the small numbers that would utilise it.

2 - bays being blocked out for sponsors is a rumour at this stage. Everyone I know who got seats got them in prime spots after being on at midday, so I wouldn't take this as gospel.

3 - very case by case. Mine are significantly better. You could also specify which stand/section you wanted to buy in.

4 - the media are probably as much to blame for this as anyone, with their endless articles about Eden Park vs Mt Smart. I think it was pretty clear it was always going to be MSS this round, or EP the next.

I completely agree it sucks for the small number of fans that have missed out or been inconvenienced, but the system seems to have worked as intended for the most part.

Absolute clusterf

Logged in at 12

28years, same seats.
You needed to click an option in the bottom right to allow you to select areas, check the tickbox etc. Remove the tick for the west stand. Took me 3 refreshes after only being offered high up in the west stand. I managed to get pretty much the same seats I sit in (bay 29 row C) but in bay 31 row J. Just the other side of the player tunnel.

Playing the devil's advocate...

1 - it takes a lot of resource to set up assisted channels of purchase, and that would be on Ticketmaster rather than the club. Simply not worth it for a one-off event and the small numbers that would utilise it.

2 - bays being blocked out for sponsors is a rumour at this stage. Everyone I know who got seats got them in prime spots after being on at midday, so I wouldn't take this as gospel.

3 - very case by case. Mine are significantly better. You could also specify which stand/section you wanted to buy in.

4 - the media are probably as much to blame for this as anyone, with their endless articles about Eden Park vs Mt Smart. I think it was pretty clear it was always going to be MSS this round, or EP the next.

I completely agree it sucks for the small number of fans that have missed out or been inconvenienced, but the system seems to have worked as intended for the most part.
1 - It's actually quite a simple process for the NRL to assign the seats - the data is know by the club and ticketing company. It probably requires a day of season membership pre sale to sort. The process is intimidating for the less tech savvy & a extreme fomo moment.
2 - I got seats in prime spot, by being on a 12pm - but it become obvious my usual bay was never put on sale (especially obvious when the seating map went live). The bay was either blocked out for the club, blocked out for commercial partners or held back from general onsite.
3 - if you aren't tech savvy and feeling fomo it's likely you were assigned worse seats - I think that's unfair to members.
I managed to get like for like / prime seats.
4 - I think the communication on the process was pretty poorly handled by the NRL. More clear PR solves it.

The system has worked but could be much better.

IMO the members seats should be blocked off and offered for members to purchase for a couple of days prior to any other sales. Gives the less tech savvy enough time to get some help if needed. If they are not purchased then they become available when the tickets go up. Are there any T&Cs about finals when buying memberships?

The main thing I don't like about this system (and any other modern online ticketing) is not being able to use a seat map and change to different available seats. I had a look at these Warriors tickets out of curiosity and there was no map at all. You would expect Ticketmaster could handle that.

You needed to click an option in the bottom right to allow you to select areas, check the tickbox etc. Remove the tick for the west stand. Took me 3 refreshes after only being offered high up in the west stand. I managed to get pretty much the same seats I sit in (bay 29 row C) but in bay 31 row J. Just the other side of the player tunnel.

I never got an option for selecting areas when I logged on for the 3pm presale. Refreshed about 10 different times seeing which sections were being auto-allocated and was looking everywhere on the screen for the mystical check box or option for actually choosing specific seats, but couldn't see it.

It wasn't until an hour or so after I had purchased my seats when I had another look on ticketmaster that the map was showing up with the options to choose seats. Seems that different people had different experiences (and this isn't a non-tech savvy issue on my part, been buying tickets online since the mid 00s), as per the "case by case" note above.

We were the same. Got our North Stand GA tickets from the Mad Butcher in Rosedale.
We had Aidan Kirk's intercept and him running directly at us for the game sealing try. My Favourite Warriors moment.
Yes last time ,season ticket holders were given the first option and lined up at MtSmart to purchase the tickets they had had for years.
I'm almost certain they had the option of purchasing extra tickets also

IMO the members seats should be blocked off and offered for members to purchase for a couple of days prior to any other sales. Gives the less tech savvy enough time to get some help if needed. If they are not purchased then they become available when the tickets go up. Are there any T&Cs about finals when buying memberships?

The main thing I don't like about this system (and any other modern online ticketing) is not being able to use a seat map and change to different available seats. I had a look at these Warriors tickets out of curiosity and there was no map at all. You would expect Ticketmaster could handle that.
I think the reason they turn the seating map off on high demand events is all the inventory goes into peoples carts - but not necessarily purchased which slows the buying process down significantly for everybody (and creates panic).

I think the reason they turn the seating map off on high demand events is all the inventory goes into peoples carts - but not necessarily purchased which slows the buying process down significantly for everybody (and creates panic).
Right, I guess that makes sense. Maybe seating that is currently in a cart should be shown as that. I'd rather wait a bit longer to have the ability to see what's available.

I just looked into two tickets in the general onsale - best seats I could get were 2 in Bay 11 West

or two in the South Stand.

Basically confirms full bays were completely blocked off from sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back