• 3-4

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-12

• 13-17

Results are only viewable after voting.
5th / 6th
But depends on the coaching staff and team mindset

Teams will know us now so we need to adapt but stay true to our style and identity

Speed and TBone is on the menu
We need outside backs that burn and we need another monster to help AFB
This comes from spending $$$ of transforming Barnett or Nuikore

We need to trust the juniors and bring them in and get battle hardened like panthers

Next season tho all up to Webby to adjust where required, grow on this season and have plan B and C when we get challenged

To be the man
You got to beat the man

Don't think we're getting any higher than 7th unless we sign a 100+ metre prop and TMM plays reserve grade all year,
Yeah that's my prediction also as previously stated if we can't signup our next prop and also have foresight to who is going to replace Tohu, Sj and some of our senior leaders then we will struggle.
But it's great to see our Nsw cup team doing well and more pathways coming next year can only be a positive long term.

On another note what had Jazz done to earn his spot back lastnight.
I mean when he's on form he's the player you want but he's a shadow of what he was.
Moving forward next year we can't afford to carry these bit part players.
Agreed mate, you really don't know what you are going to get from Jazz these days. To hot & cold. Another big prop would be a great addition. Let's hope with the success this year, more players will actually look at us as a team they would consider playing for.

Would love to hear thoughts on what reggies will force their way in

Ali
Going
Roache
Zion
Demitric

Anyone got any of these guys playing more than 10 games?

Ale - where does he fit next year?

Anyone else coming through that might be ready. Maybe a real youngster that gets his 1 cap like a few this year, Halasima maybe?
Ali - 10+
Going - less than 10 but wouldn't be surprised if someone else gives him a fulltime contract & more NRL opportunities.
Roache - he's not particularly good, even in NSW Cup. Fukofuka more likely to get a debut.
Zyon Maiu’u - 5 games.
Demitric - rehab will limit him to 5 or less.
Laban - maybe a debut but not much more.
Halasima - break out year similar to Nanai in 2022. Regular in the 17 after the Origin period & a genuine kick target on the left edge.

Last edited:
On another note what had Jazz done to earn his spot back lastnight.
I mean when he's on form he's the player you want but he's a shadow of what he was.
Moving forward next year we can't afford to carry these bit part players.

na bro, he brings “mana” and “heartyness” to the team

Ali - 10+
Going - less than 10 but wouldn't be surprised if someone else gives him a fulltime contract & more NRL opportunities
Roache - he's not particularly good, even in NSW Cup. Fukofuka more likely to get a debut.
Zyon Maiu’u - 5 games
Demitric - rehab will limit him to 5 or less.
Halasima - Break out year similar to Nanai in 2022. Regular in the 17 after the Origin period & a genuine kick target on the left edge

How do you know so much about NSW team, do you watch a lot of their games on Sky?

I think zyon needs to come off the bench like leniu does. We not guna get another AFB but we can deff get more outa the bench. Its already been said about the centers but they not physical enough for me. Hopefully sheck is as good as we all think he will be an young ali goes up a gear an overtakes what we have. Guna b a long offseason but alot easier knowing we on the right track. Proud as fuck of my team.
Up the wahs baby!!!!

Was going to start a who improved thread but will post the question here instead. A yes or no over whether a player improved on last year.

Here are mine, agree or disagree?

1 Cnk yes
2 DWZ yes
3 Berry yes
4 Pompey no
5 Montoya no
6 Martin no
7 Johnson Yes
8 AFB yes
9 Egan yes
10;Barnett no (solid but not improved)
11 Ford yes
12 Niukore no
13 Harris yes
14 Walker yes
15 Tevaga no
16 Sironen yes
17 Curran no

Was going to start a who improved thread but will post the question here instead. A yes or no over whether a player improved on last year.

Here are mine, agree or disagree?

1 Cnk yes
2 DWZ yes
3 Berry yes
4 Pompey no
5 Montoya no
6 Martin no
7 Johnson Yes
8 AFB yes
9 Egan yes
10;Barnett no (solid but not improved)
11 Ford yes
12 Niukore no
13 Harris yes
14 Walker yes
15 Tevaga no
16 Sironen yes
17 Curran no

I like it, there are a few possible variables that we don’t know that shape our answer:

Roles and assignments compared to previous teams

Fitness and body shape may of had to change

Adapt to new game plan and style

For me based on your NO answers I would add:

Pomp’s has improved, got bigger and kicking ability (obvious has a few shockers) but overall I see improvement, I think he shut a few opposition centres down

TMM let’s wait until pre season and full strength and see where his body is at

Barnett and Nuikore possibly different roles and I don’t think Barnetts rotation was used correctly

Curran for whatever reason had limited time and this got him mentally in my opinion

10 Barnett no (solid but not improved)
22 more metres than he made per game in 2022 & didn't dog shot anyone late & in the head with an elbow so I reckon he showed great improvement.
He'd only started at Prop twice in 120'ish career games prior to this year. Shelved his offloads this season but that's probably a directive from the coach. Going forward though I think he needs to be our #15 which will help them from running Tohu into the ground

My season review
I think we over achieved by finishing 4th
Souths and roosters imploded under the weight of their egos but should have done better and will do better in 2024
I also think knights were about as good as us when at full strength
I think the addition of rts and cht will keep our team current and competitive
I predict 6th next year but at the same time I see us giving the top teams a better run for their money if that makes sense
If we can squeeze into 4th again then I see us performing better in the finds pressure cauldron as Pompey’s goalkicking for example melted under the spotlight last.night

I see cht Metcalf and tmm all being very different players but all of them being pretty average at stand off next year
I see our choice of the three simply being based on who is fit as all three of them are very injury prone

In order to go next level most of you have said we need
Another prop
A strike centre
An elite second rower

We are getting one of those things at this stage if we acquire either of the other two as well then I think we could do anything

I don’t buy into the JFH theory that a potential new prop doesn’t have to big
JFH gets favourable reffing calls which make more effective
The best three props are afb and Haas and Nelson and they all are large specimens
The first thing will look at in any suggestions about a prop will be his size dimensions

This year was a dream run
But be aware we had a favourable draw and teams took us lightly in our first ten games because we are the warriors

The standard of the nrl lifts every year and next year we must begin again rather than feeling we have earned the right before the season begins. The cowboys did this and missed the playoffs

Back