Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seriously bro. Pull the handbrakes on this criticism. Too old? Too slow? Webby lacks variation? A tad harsh don’t you think?

Absolutely there’s still work to do. But there’s only two teams in front of us right now - Penrith and Brisbane.

And full credit to the Broncos. They played the perfect dry weather football.

Offloads galore and minimal mistakes. A coaches dream.

We played our structured game. It’s what we’re good at this year. But next year, I’d like this offload/jungle footy introduced back into our arsenal for dry weather tracks. It’s all good.

As fans, nothing to feel bad about. Bronocos were the better team today.
The time slot ladies and jelly beans.
The time slot screwed us.
AFB less than 100 m3 -why-falling asleep.

Multiple offloads by BB -why we were falling asleep.

Bris are still probably 12 point better team -Reyno-Walsh-Flegler-Haas-Carrigan are quality and Walsh is hard to counter.

How good was Jazz?

For those that watched the Aussie commentary feeds was that forward pass mentioned?

The NRL clip which includes a live reaction and a replay analysis pretty much doesn't mention it.

It didn't cost us the game overall but it did push the score out to where a comeback was highly unlikely. It will be interesting to see if much is made of it during the week. Klein got pulled from refereeing the rest of the finals due to a clanger. This was missed by Sutton and his side line official. If it happens against the Sydney clubs we hear how embarrassing it is for the sport in a big match with a large audience.

Bad referees. all you want is a fair contest. Forward pass not called. Broncos were more clinical and play at a faster pace with offloads. Good luck to them in the GF

Webster is class! Be interesting come five to ten years how he develops as a coach and person and of course hopefully still with the Warriors.

AFB had a great season I think this game was just too much for him to handle on his own. Need to find a Tino or Haas type prop to help him. Maybe Tapine can play the homesick card cos fuck the Raiders lol

It would be easy to say Walsh came back to bite us. But his form last year compared to this year is extremely different. Last year he was making a lot of mistakes which was putting the rest of the team under pressure.

This year he's had a great platform to work off with their forwards, Reynolds directing them and getting them into position for Walsh to work off, speed around him. His off field life I'm guessing is also better being back in Brisbane and not being shuffled around like the Warriors were.

As much as Walsh has been great this year and got the media gushing over him I'm still glad we have CNK at the back. Dude is so dependable you name it under the high ball, last line of defence. He does a ton of work. Overall he's a big factor in keeping us consistent.

For those that watched the Aussie commentary feeds was that forward pass mentioned?

The NRL clip which includes a live reaction and a replay analysis pretty much doesn't mention it.

It didn't cost us the game overall but it did push the score out to where a comeback was highly unlikely. It will be interesting to see if much is made of it during the week. Klein got pulled from refereeing the rest of the finals due to a clanger. This was missed by Sutton and his side line official. If it happens against the Sydney clubs we hear how embarrassing it is for the sport in a big match with a large audience.

Yes the Fox commentators went on and on about it and s they should.

Voss calls it out straight away

Voss calls it out straight away
Always had a soft spot for Vossy.

Yes the Fox commentators went on and on about it and s they should.
Thanks. Just thought it was weird the official NRL clip had two clips of it that didn't mention it.

Might be my watching a lot of videos on YT for various topics that point out how a lot of things we get told aren't actually what is happening. Not talking about any crazy conspiracies more things in media (movies, TV).

I suppose from the NRL's point of view not showing clips that point it out removes the focus from the referees. A lot of coaches just blame the refs to deflect on their side which has caused a larger problem. Can understand the NRL wanting to stop criticism.

Always had a soft spot for Vossy.

Thanks. Just thought it was weird the official NRL clip had two clips of it that didn't mention it.

Might be my watching a lot of videos on YT for various topics that point out how a lot of things we get told aren't actually what is happening. Not talking about any crazy conspiracies more things in media (movies, TV).

I suppose from the NRL's point of view not showing clips that point it out removes the focus from the referees. A lot of coaches just blame the refs to deflect on their side which has caused a larger problem. Can understand the NRL wanting to stop criticism.

NRL always try to avoid controversial stuff on their website. Absolute howler that call.

I don't buy in that it changed the momentum of the game. I still don't see a way for the Warriors to win last night with Brisbane starting to fire when they did. But alas, I'm sure plenty of you will want to see a team win 3 in a row because of it.

Hell of a season guys, I can't wait to see what happens next year with the Warriors. You have a premiership window opening I reckon.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but was Pompey playing in the second row after his sinbin? It looked like Walker was outside him, with Ford on the bench?

I didn't listen to the Aus commentary, but in the papers this morning, yes they bagged it big time, blatant forward pass

There were a few periods in that game which really summed up our season.

We get behind on the scoreboard. Remember the start of the year when we were conceding early points and needed to get our act together and work our way back into it to win. We were behind and even for large portions I was thinking we could get back into it. Come the second half that was diminishing.

We lost Egan and Walker close together with HIA's. We never got close to a full squad until close to the end of the season. The guys still battled on.

The Pompey sin bin. We've had a lot of sin bins this year. Previous Warriors sides would fall apart a man down. They battled on quite well during that period.

The score blew out. The Broncos were going up by 6 each time we were going up by 4. A few of those conversions would have closed it up a bit. They were difficult kicks.

Broncos the better side and deserved to win.

In regards to how the game was reffed. I am use to poor standards in a game. We have been seeing it all season. What really bugs me is the square up when the game is already lost.

5 penalties were conceded by both teams. Bronchos had 2 ruck infringement's to our 1. Sounds like it was close doesn't it.

3 of the penalties we received were in the last 15 minutes. The 2 ruck infringement were in the last 10 minutes. The Bronchos did not change the way they played but the ref changed how he interpreted the game.

Be nice if it was consistent and also they should allow the bunker to rule on forward passes. Way too many forward passes leading to tries this year. Most of the time you can see the touch judge is not keeping up with the play. Either get fitter touch judges or allow the bunker to rule on forward passes.

Last edited:
No one was complaining last week. Everyone was singing praises about Tohu’s performance …

I agree, next level up ie to win the GF we gonna need speed and x factor

But without these old hands we wouldn’t be where we are today - top 4, prelim final

Broncos have both
Again these are the 1%'s I'm looking at.

I have at times been critical of Tohu's lateral defence this season. Last week was herculean and needed to be repeated. Last night the issue was he is so critical on at as a ball playing lock, that when he doesn't play that role, our attack stifles. It looked like his groin / knee was fucked and you could see he wasn't taking the ball to the line and passing *at pace*.

Watch the replay from 20mins and focus on Tohu. He's completely stuffed. Cant run. You know his body is done in because he has the heart of a lion.

Like Penrith without both Luai and Yeo, we become one dimensional.

Back