• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL Wests Tigers

This all seems pretty daft. But then again it is the Tigers.

They have been a joint venture for over 20 years. They are still talking about having more supporters than Wests. There would be more Wests Tigers fans than Balmain or Western Suburbs. They should wait another 5-10 years. It would be a good chance to use the Tarkin quote from Star Wars.
"Obi Wan Kenobi Balmain, Western Suburb fans surely they must be all dead by now".

Both of those clubs were struggling back then. It would be even harder now.

If they did fall apart it wouldn't be a given that the license would revert to either of the old clubs. A good chance for the NRL to move on from the drama and get a side in another location.

NZWarriors.com
Balmain are shooting themselves in the foot with this,

Campbelltown is in a growth area in an area with room to breath without stepping on other clubs catchment areas. Balmain is full gentrified in an already congested inner city area.

Campbeltown has an ok stadium, Leichhardt is a tiny dated shithole

West provide most of both the funding and players and have a couple of massive leagues clubs (Balmains was left to rot before being torn down.

Brisbane tigers are rich and pushing as the 3rd Brisbane franchise, why would Balmain risk freeing up the brand for a rival?

Really not sure what Balmain thinks they have to push this? Literally the worst team of the last decade plus and very much the minor partner, not sure what power they think they have
Completely agree. Balmain Tigers have nothing. Its the Magpies that have the better stadium, junior pathways, reserve grade, clubrooms and most importantly they have a healthy bank balance.

Anyway the Tigers have come out and refuted everything so it looks like its just the opinion of one man trying to speak for everyone. Gonna make for awkward board meetings lol. No doubt he falls on his sword but he's not alone. From both parties. Relationships between the clubs and fans have always been strained. Always been plenty of smoke. Just old mate Garry Leo was silly enough to voice it with backing and no ammo.

This only adds to the clusterfuck that is the Tigers...

Fonz might be able to shed some light on the tigers?

But to my knowledge, the tigers are in great shape financially, so probably not going to cut them just yet.

I agree though, they are not helping themselves, but this is year one and I actually think they have some good elements going for them, starting with Galvin, api, and Bula.

They need some pack leaders badly! And if I'm a tigers fan the Saifiti lads wouldn't be that bad.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
If I was on that inner city council, I'd want a halt put on the $10 millions or so for the stadium upgrade, cause if they're not gonna be in the NRL no need to upgrade Leichhardt.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
We have had some weird things happen at our club. But man the Tigers are another level.

A nice gesture but it is really weird. Congratulations for making the finals. 10 years or so here and we couldn't do it.

What needs to happen is when they finally break their drought. Brooks post the same thing back to them.

Back