Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Storm

Team Lists

I like Tohu starting and Dylan off of bench given the starting side and bench composition. Looks like we’ll have a good balance of strike and defensive effort throughout the rotation.

In the past I feel like we’ve been prone having one or the other throughout the 80 minutes.

Time for SJ to shine in a team that’s humming - Webby’s defended SJ’s tactical plays from earlier in the season noting he was sticking to the game plan; the game plan is now more effective is so will be SJ 🔥

I love what Montoya brings - aggression, will to win, safe under the high ball (after some early season jitters). I don't see the ceiling raised that much with RTS right now tbh. Plus at half the price I would rather our future went with the cheaper option. I wouldn't lose sleep if Webby did go that direction though.
I agree. Montoya is one of the biggest hype men in the team, always big reactions and rushing in to congratulate when we force a turnover, score, etc. He's 100% Wahs FTW.

That side of Pompey/Montoya doesn't sound flash on paper, but it's solid and has provided decent results. I would like that combo to stay until injury or something forces a change.

Not sure if it’s been posted already but Webby mentioned this: Shaun won't be so dominant all the time but will soon have a big impact on the game, he wants to let Te Maire run the show again," Webster said.

1718147140504.png

That sounds like spiritually TMM 7 and SJ roaming 6 lol

Great that AW understands what the problem was

Who actually called that TMM was going perform like he has for the last three weeks?

Not 'he had the potential to'.

Like, 'hes going to, if put into that position'

The injuries forced Webbys hand with exploring new possibilities, and it appears that we may have some diamonds lying in the cupboard.

Plus, if SJ wants to call it at the end of the year: CHT is a pretty solid pairing already with TMM and who knows about Metcalf - could be even better.

When you're playing around with 'vibes' between players, you know you got good problems.

Who actually called that TMM was going perform like he has for the last three weeks?

Not 'he had the potential to'.

Like, 'hes going to, if put into that position'

The injuries forced Webbys hand with exploring new possibilities, and it appears that we may have some diamonds lying in the cupboard.

Plus, if SJ wants to call it at the end of the year: CHT is a pretty solid pairing already with TMM and who knows about Metcalf - could be even better.

When you're playing around with 'vibes' between players, you know you got good problems.
Perform as well as he has? No one could foresee that level of performance - its been exceptional. Someone highlighted that SJ and Cleary have never had 4 try assists in a single game before for example.

But, there are plenty on here who rated TMM as a very good player. I feel they have been vindicated somewhat. Others have been made to look a little silly, some continue to do so. A few were even saying he wasn't first grade standard FMD!

In regards to the injuries forcing Webster's hand, I completely agree. He will have learned a lot from the last 7-8 weeks. From trusting his next man up philosophy to trying to get through games with too many players carrying significant injuries to the enthusiasm and energy injected by the younger players selected to the use of his bench and second row. The pleasing thing is he seems to have recognised and adjusted. One concern I have is that the previous three wins have highlighted a number of things which some have been pointing out on the forum and we are slowly turning back to some of these as players return. This week and the games after are potentially going to show whether some or all of these were just anomalies - Tohu at 13 for example. Walker has been great there over the last three games with speed, energy, leadership etc but here we are with Tohu starting at 13 again (assuming the team sheet is correct at game time) Was Tohu just busted, is he past being a 60 minute player, is he too slow now or a combination of things? RTS coming back in to the side at whose expense? Was it just that the team wasn't performing well previously or was he a contributor to things not gelling?

The next few games are going to be very interesting.

Last edited:
All this talk of tmm needing to do shit is getting on my nerves now lol he's been amazing the last 3 weeks but it's a long season and consistency evades even the games most elite we all wrote shaun off last year before the season started he went on to be dally m not officially but price ya pay for playing for warriors shaun niggle free and training with team again will find his magic tmm doesn't need to take the wheel he just needs to hold some sort of this form until finals and they will make a hell of a halves combo

I think RTS would be great for those yardage metres and ability to scoot out of dummy half. Montoya has done nothing wrong but I think RTS continues that Penrith style of play of huge metres from your back 3
I think Roger's position is right winger as he steps of his left foot

So Blues/Hurricanes semi final was scheduled for Saturday DAY time to avoid the Warriors/Storm game lol

They said it's so fans can enjoy watching variety of sport... 🤣
Gee that is a first.
Been waiting for the cracks to show in the Islamic state of Rugby Union that controls this country and forces the villagers to worship false idols. Being simple folk bred from sheep botherers they think they are happy with kick, lie on each other, have a dry hump.

Now the people have seen faster, harder, more ball in play version they want out.

Back