Go Media Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Storm

Team Lists

Nswarriors on Sky at 2.35 on Saturday.

Screenshot_2024-06-11-21-27-58-44_ce1818afbe04438ea1cabc24938bdd9e.jpg

Good side. The one I expected and the one that makes the most sense.

CHT is a superior option to Lussick - provides good hooker cover and can play elsewhere.
Bench looks small but it won't matter a huge amount if Webster utilises the rotations effectively - it's also an advantage that majority of our forwards are seemingly capable of playing both front and backrow. If Ford can maintain this level of performance at prop it will end up being the masterstroke of the season. That and unlocking Te Maire's chastity belt to unleash him on the comp.

Does RTS kick goals better than Pompey..
Not much point picking Pompey because he's an 80%+ kicker and Shaun's unable to kick for whatever reason and it's a tight, ugly game where Pompey's not got much opportunities to kick and he has an off day as kicker and at centre. I'm not saying Pompey's not good in his position, I'm saying that's why he gets picked. the 80%+ accuracy is the cherry on top. Same as Johnson. Same as every kicker in the comp.

Hello everyone, I’m dipping back in after a few years away. New name again.
I remember that backflip!

Ok, a question. SJ was *the* playmaker and the whole team played like mud for three winnable games. Everyone was slagging everyone, including SJ and including Te Maire Martin.

Then SJ is injured and out, whereupon all of a sudden TMM and the whole bluddy team play like their lives depend on it. We beat some top opposition! We beat the three-peaters the Panthers! Woo-hoo it’s party time!
But SJ is up for selection once more and he’s just slotted right in. Doesn’t seem right to me.

Just adding that RTS was great at contesting bombs when he was at centre, remember the Storm and Titans games, they tried to incorporate that into the attack, so if he’s not FB maybe Monty will be the casualty next week

Hello everyone, I’m dipping back in after a few years away. New name again.
I remember that backflip!

Ok, a question. SJ was *the* playmaker and the whole team played like mud for three winnable games. Everyone was slagging everyone, including SJ and including Te Maire Martin.

Then SJ is injured and out, whereupon all of a sudden TMM and the whole bluddy team play like their lives depend on it. We beat some top opposition! We beat the three-peaters the Panthers! Woo-hoo it’s party time!
But SJ is up for selection once more and he’s just slotted right in. Doesn’t seem right to me.
I'm sure a lot doesn't seem right to you

Remember Barney was saying they focused on the wrong areas a few weeks back?

Stacy Jones at interview yesterday said they finally focused on the right areas like ruck speed and kick chase (not Berry robot, the whole line, I guess aggression too). Look forward to the experts here analyzing his statements a bit more

Remember Barney was saying they focused on the wrong areas a few weeks back?

Stacy Jones at interview yesterday said they finally focused on the right areas like ruck speed and kick chase (not Berry robot, the whole line, I guess aggression too). Look forward to the experts here analyzing his statements a bit more
The thing that’s stood out to me above all else is just how hard they’ve been going into contact- both sides of the ball.
They just seem to be running and tackling harder- winning that initial collision.
Sounds simple because it is.
It just felt like they were going through the motions a bit early in the season.
Moving Barney and muss has made us much more physical on the edges and I think the players around them grow a leg having them there.
There’s other reasons too obviously- overall just a lot more energy.

So pumped for this game

Too much has been said already. More posts dropping about SJ, it's been covered 94 pages ago. Lol

Penrith saved the season
Dolphins turned the season

Now we are in a position to start thinking again about what could be achieved this year.

I find this a massive game because I suspect if we finish 5th or 6th and get a home final, we will play Melbourne week 2 if we win.

Back