Pick Your Team Warriors v Storm - Round 15, 2024

For the people at the back. SJ is not a ball hog. It was a game plan to get him to do all the kicking. Webby has said this many times and now recently said they needed to adjust their game plan moving forward. Much like rookies and their second year syndrome they get worked out and have to adjust.

Until we see the next few games with SJ back (and assuming the team doesn't fall off a clif) the TMM and SJ comparisons is apples and oranges.
Hey, I'm a SJ advocate. Was throwing a bit of shade into thin air really lol. I've also stated that SJ would of been following orders. And Webby has adjusted the game plan accordingly.

Somehow people keep forgetting this guy

IMG_2541.jpeg

SJ to 7, TMM to 6, the rest of the starting 13 from last week stays the same. CHT replaces Lussick on the bench with Tohu, Marata, Jazz and Capewah. I'd really like to have more impact than Capewell though so personally I'd like to see Sifakula take that spot.

CHT needs to be 14.

I think he might just about be at 14 for most clubs in the comp.
Yea if a
I've come around to the idea that Walker starting and going hard for 25 minutes, before subbing Tohu, Jazz/Ale, and Niukore on around that 25 minute mark to keep the tempo up.

Tohu then shifts to prop for the final 20 minutes of the game, subbing for Ford, who goes off and Walker comes back on for.
Pure Genius, maybe there's an assistant coaching job coming up soon, you should put your name forward.

Hey, I'm a SJ advocate. Was throwing a bit of shade into thin air really lol. I've also stated that SJ would of been following orders. And Webby has adjusted the game plan accordingly.

I don't think you need to apologize for a critique of Johnson. Some get a bit precious and won't ever open their eyes wide enough to say even one negative about the player, no one in the NRL that has ever lived is beyond critique.
I expect Shaun will come out firing.

He will need to. He is playing for any chance of a future as a player (if that is what he wants to do....go into 2025) and his last chances start against Melbourne.

As it stands the reality is that we are talking about an ageing player at the end of his career who so far has not been offered a contract extension....now coming off a rough team start.

The coming games are do or die for Johnson if he wants to play on, and that is because the Warriors have seen they have a younger, experienced, effective alternative seven.

We are in a blessed position, not many clubs get to phase out a has been while retaining an experienced halves option in the same squad.

I am in the camp that Johnson has about a good half a season left in him as a first option, that he would be worth extending as cover next year.

I also think they forget that we all want the same result for this team, at the end of the day...
Well this is it.
If SJ has a blinder and kills the rest of the season, the criticism of those who pin pointed his bad games will be self righteous narrowing of contrary opinion to a simplistic you said he was no good etc.

Johnson is either the best or second best player this club has ever had. Most would not argue that.

Back