Pick Your Team Warriors v Storm - Round 15, 2024

Incidentally, only 2 Warriors players have been cited this season - Ford fined and Maiu'u with 2 games from preseason.

Next best Broncos with 5 cited, through to the Tigers with 18!

Good coaching, technique and players control of aggression. Might also reflect our squad age and experience!

Excellent stuff!

Ps is there a link between the coach of the year getting the best technique from his players and the team who’s already lost their coach and has a rookie in place, committing the most infringements?

Yup notice Ford hasn’t been giving away many defensive penalties (pinged late in the game last night when the ref was favoring the losing side), Marata and Barney keeping their tackles down and Jazz tucked away the leg lift

Last edited:
Storm certainly aren't as defensively strong as they have been historically. As long as we are switched on and get reasonable weather we should be able to roll them.

Them and Penrith both leaked 5 tries today, Storm were gassed in the last 10 minutes. It’s the Hughes/Farnworth/Luai midfield runs, and hail mary plays they have that needs to to nullified

They did a lot of offloads today, wonder if we need bigger bodies to wrap them up, now I am thinking keeping a Marata or Barney on the bench just to go after NAS when he comes on. We could roll them early with AFB

Them and Penrith both leaked 5 tries today, Storm were gassed in the last 10 minutes. It’s the Hughes/Farnworth/Luai midfield runs, and hail mary plays they have that needs to to nullified

They did a lot of offloads today, wonder if we need bigger bodies to wrap them up, now I am thinking keeping a Marata or Barney on the bench just to go after NAS when he comes on
So maybe Bunty starting?

They did a lot of offloads today, wonder if we need bigger bodies to wrap them up, now I am thinking keeping a Marata or Barney on the bench just to go after NAS when he comes on. We could roll them early with AFB
We just have to be switched on. They are very good at taking advantage of any numbering up issues, as you saw with some of their tries today. We are good enough and I'm expecting our defence to be better than what the knights showed

Storm will miss papenhouzen who scorched us in the first game earlier and they also miss Munster.

Those are two big outs for them.

We’re missing only RTS (meh).

At home. vocal crowd

I think the boys will go out there SUPER pumped and dish out a strong performance.

Just hope this shitty weather stays away

As Lavar. Ball says - we shall speak it into existence. Warriors +12!!

I wonder how Webby will play SJ if he returns this game. I believe Webby can cut TMM a bit of slack now. Usually he's invisible when SJ runs the show, which IMO is not how spine players should be used.

Give him more responsibility, he's proven to be the lieutenant that SJ needs to share the load with.
Just need a few tweaks in Webby's game plan I reckon..

If SJ is fit then he comes in for CHT, who shifts to bench in place of Lussick.

Capewell has had a rough start to his stint with us through form, injuries and team performance - but will presumably continue to be favoured, so may as well stick with him for now to see where he fits into the grand scheme of things. We have enough cover with Tohu/Barnett/Ford/Niukore seemingly all able to comfortably play in the backrow and front row - which is actually quite an advantage when it comes to managing minutes.

Is it just me or is there a tactic emerging to tackle low to get the player on the ground.

I think we have to look at the team as a 17 not 13 and 4 Reserves.

SJ will give a long kicking game. However he and TMM/CHT both have to combine in a way the Storm have to be worried about.

My personal view is RTS will come into Montoyas spot. I perceice montoya is starting to become less effective like last year. He can swap with Pompey on attack or even the freedom to roam s bit.

Great move to have ztohu and Capewah coming off the bench as the game goes into a grind in the middle dtages. CHT to finish yhe game st DH the last 20 yo 30

Need to play 80 minutes. Can't switch off defensively even for a second. I thought the Knights were getting on top until the storm scored two tries in 60 seconds before half time. That clinched the game for them. I don't really rate the Storm pack. We really did dominate the ruck when we played them in rd2 without NAS. So if we can win the field position battle again we can take their speedsters out of the game and grind out a victory here. 1-12 game either way.

I prefer Bunty starting and Ford can be on either edges, but Webby will probably stick with AFB/Ford at front and Marata/Barney edges, maybe Capewell swap for 1 of the edge rowers to start if they save someone for NAS.?

Would be surprised if Ford ever wears a jersey other than 10 again.

He's not there yet but there are shades of Cotter in his play at 10.

Back