Pick Your Team Warriors v Dolphins - Round 12, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Are we expecting much different in terms of team for this game? Who is coming back from injury or concussion this week? Lussick, CHT? I assume Egan will be out. Ali with an ankle concern but saw out the game. Everyone else seemed to be ok?
They updated Egan here so hoping Ali is OK for the weekend.

I do not care who is named this week. I care that they apply themselves with the same intent, intensity, commitment and determination. That is what has been missing. And I loved seeing it in today's setting.

How the flying fox did we beat Penrith with this team? And lose the last bunch with our experienced incumbents and leaders. Today showed that SJ is not our saviour nor does he need to be. A team won today. The whole team.
TBH this Penrith team isn't playing with the same ruthlessness as last year. They've had some close wins against teams near the bottom, and playing without Cleary for a few matches. Losing so many good players over the years has to take its toll. They'll make top 8 for sure, but maybe not top 4.

Team naming has just got a whole lot better. What we saw over the weekend was the hunger of our youth. For me, its alarm bells for some of the experienced players in this squad. Andrew Webster can take a lot away from this game and stamp his authority on the team that it is the standard for the remainder of the year. There is now a real threat from the Cup side's enthusiasm which has clearly rubbed off on the main squad.

Taine Tuaupiki for me needs to be in this squad because its his level of energy, speed and agility that would continue to pose a threat right throughout a match.

I don't know what happens for the squad against the Dolphins but it sure it a good test for our senior players to lift their game and achieve in their roles because Webster knows that he has youngsters who are not shy to get stuck in.

So it looks like if we can get through this next game with a good result and no injuries or suspensions, then we have the bye and round 14 looks like we get a number of players back. That's when we will see the interest in team naming Tuesday ramp up and see where AW is thinking with player selection. Will also be interesting to see how we play after that Panthers game vs this weekend vs round 14. Panthers game was a great result and the pleasing thing was it looked a lot more team orientated and everyone sharing the load more. Whether that is replicated with other players coming back in to the mix remains to be seen.

CNK
DWZ
ALI
POMPS
RTS
TAINE
TMM

ADIN
ROACHE
BUNTY
LABAN
MITCH
WALKER

JAZZ
ALE
ZYON
CHT

Unfortunately I see Webby sticking to the same players who served him well last year as they return from injury. Why? Because they're the best players for his game plan. I can't see Webby ripping up his game plan mid-season for something different despite yesterday's win. What yesterday showed him was that he has a bit more depth, more options for the bench and injury cover.

That is some expensive casualty ward lol, look at the middle row. Tohu's not even on the list yet

1716160991132.png

Anything with the charges, can't afford to have all 3 suspended lol, we'd end up with CHT and Lussick playing second row

The question I'm asking is the boys looked like they wanted to win , were hungry . Pompey was huge. Whys RTS holding his spot?
AFB less minutes. Dylan faster than tohu, I'm starting to agree with Frank Whites assessment of him....
I'm thinking when your seeing SJ blowing up at jacko etc. That's not making people want to play better , it's just shit...
That's my half baked theory anyway.
Pompey is a liability on defence, his lack of speed is being targeted

I don't rate Lussick highly but I'd be surprised if he doesn't go straight back in at Hooker. The coaches think enough of him to have started him ahead of Egan 2 games back so my guess is they'll use the same tactic & Roache will get minutes off the bench.
Roache played well yesterday but his performance wasn't without fault. His missed tackle resulted in the linebreak which led to Luai's try & a deliberate slap down late in the tackle count gifted the Panthers an opportunity on our line late in the piece. His passing was fantastic however & although he didn't make a whole lot of metres out of dummy I think he drew a penalty off the markers at some stage. Bring him on after 25-30 minutes when the opposition are fatigued would be my preference

I don't rate Lussick highly but I'd be surprised if he doesn't go straight back in at Hooker. The coaches think enough of him to have started him ahead of Egan 2 games back so my guess is they'll use the same tactic & Roache will get minutes off the bench.
Roache played well yesterday but his performance wasn't without fault. His missed tackle resulted in the linebreak which led to Luai's try & a deliberate slap down late in the tackle count gifted the Panthers an opportunity on our line late in the piece. His passing was fantastic however & although he didn't make a whole lot of metres out of dummy I think he drew a penalty off the markers at some stage. Bring him on after 25-30 minutes when the opposition are fatigued would be my preference
I agree with your comments. Except, I can't see how we could have all three of Lussick, Roache and CHT in the 17. I would think CHT would definitely be there due to the utility value. Will be real interesting for the starting role, because Roaches passing really helped unlock the attack - left and right.

Team naming has just got a whole lot better. What we saw over the weekend was the hunger of our youth. For me, its alarm bells for some of the experienced players in this squad. Andrew Webster can take a lot away from this game and stamp his authority on the team that it is the standard for the remainder of the year. There is now a real threat from the Cup side's enthusiasm which has clearly rubbed off on the main squad.

Taine Tuaupiki for me needs to be in this squad because its his level of energy, speed and agility that would continue to pose a threat right throughout a match.

I don't know what happens for the squad against the Dolphins but it sure it a good test for our senior players to lift their game and achieve in their roles because Webster knows that he has youngsters who are not shy to get stuck in.
Honestly, I think SJ should be spelled until he's fully fit; he's been playing with an injury for a number of matches and it's affecting his form. At the very least put Tuaupiki on the bench as interchange for SJ with CNK moving to 6, TMM to 7 while SJ is off.

I'm thinking for the rest of the year for the backline
1. Taine
2. DWZ
3. RTS (right edge, can step away and offload like Manu, especially teams are targeting the DWZ plays now he can run for the try line)
4. Pompey
5. Monty
6. CNK
7. SJ/TMM (share games to nurse injuries, SJ to share more loads in-game and more time on the left edge)

Ali first in line if 1 of Taine (RTS to FB), Monty (RTS to wing), RTS or Pompey gets injured, Berry behind him

RTS probably be the Mr Fix now

That try on his edge actually wasn’t his fault if you watch again. Penrith actually have 3 on 2. Pompey shuts down the inside runner and nearly shuts down Tago too. Amazing job infact.
I think CNK actually had a bad read on that play and potentially on another as well. Overall though, given the inexperience of the squad and the shuffling of positions we did pretty well I think.

I agree with your comments. Except, I can't see how we could have all three of Lussick, Roache and CHT in the 17. I would think CHT would definitely be there due to the utility value. Will be real interesting for the starting role, because Roaches passing really helped unlock the attack - left and right.
I couldn't understand why they re-signed Lussick for another 3 years. I'd rate him as the 4th best hooker in the squad (at best) - with Egan, Roache and CHT ahead of him. Now that the club has Egan signed up - where does that leave Roache? Don't forget that unlike Lussick, Roache covers 9, 6 and 7 an d during RU days he also slotted in at 2nd 5/8.

I think Pompey got legitimately skinned by Edward's early but the odds were stacked against him when Tago scored. We've got to give him some slack though. In his first game he had Montoya outside him & Metcalf/Ford inside, second game TMM became his half, third game more adjustments with Kosi outside & Barnett inside and then yesterday you add CNK to the mix

I think CNK actually had a bad read on that play and potentially on another as well. Overall though, given the inexperience of the squad and the shuffling of positions we did pretty well I think.

Ya he was staring at the decoy for at least 2 of the tries, there was another 1 where they end up making a break out wide but got shut down with scramble D. Would personally persist with him as he brought so much energy at the frontline, he'll get better at those reads, quick to scramble to the corner too lol WTF

Pompey clearly copping it unfairly the last 2 weeks because he's Pompey

Back