Sports Random Sport Thread

Bullet holes found in Argentine touring car after race​

Car-shot-Argentina-01-900x1200.jpeg

The gunshot holes in Leonel Pernia’s Ford Focus.

The car being driven by eventual Turismo Nacional Argentina Class 3 champion Leonel Pernia was hit by multiple gunshots during the season finale.

Photographs from his MG-C Pergamino team show a bullet embedded in the radiator of his Ford Focus, while a headlight also sustained gunshot damage at Viedma, on November 18.

Pernia was unharmed, and not even aware of the incident until after the race.

“I called this conference due to the facts that are publicly known and reported by the Turismo Nacional organisation,” he said, according to Carburando.

“The mechanics found what seemed a bullet shot, so the team filed a report as soon as the team arrived in Pergamino and it was confirmed by an expert that there was not only one shot, but there were two, of which one still has the bullet embedded somewhere of the radiator.

“But hey, I don’t want to delve into details because it would be reckless on my part.”

APAT (Asociacion Pilotos Automoviles Turismo/’Association of Touring Car Drivers’) has confirmed that it will cooperate with investigations by local authorities.

Pernia, understandably, was left shaken by the incident.

“I went to fight for a championship in a car race and ended up with two gunshots, I have never experienced anything like,” the Argentine told campeones.com.ar.

“What happened chills the blood and has nothing to do with a gun, a bullet or a shot.

“It must be eradicated and the person responsible must be found and acted upon.

“In motorsport, we have to be united so that the truth is known and understand that you lose and win like in any sport.”

Don't know how to upload it. Brilliant article today in 'Stuff', written by Norm Maxwell, All Black. Best thing I've read in a paper for decades.

Simply but the url (internet address usually starts with http... into the posy and it'll automatically get linked. Sane with youtube video, twitter/x/facebook/tiktok etc)

Well, won sporting moment of the year for the comeback against the Sharks! A few up the wahs in the audience & its our year 100% from Tohu and Marcello!

World indoor athletics in Glasgow, men’s 1500m just now. George Beamish of NZ wins the gold medal. Came off the bend in about fifth and just nosed ahead in a sprint for the line
And to go with that was Hamish Kerr breaking the NZ record (and equaling the highest jump this year) in the high jump.

World indoor athletics in Glasgow, men’s 1500m just now. George Beamish of NZ wins the gold medal. Came off the bend in about fifth and just nosed ahead in a sprint for the line
NZ finished 3rd in the medal tally with 2 gold & 2 silver, while oz were way down the list with a solitary gold:LOL::love:

Back