• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Sports Transgender in Sport

NZWarriors.com
The Algerian boxer isn't transgender. Anyone peddling that has no idea about Algeria as a country.
She's intersex, and it's debatable whether they should be able to compete in the women's division, but it must be noted that she's been defeatable by NINE different women in her career to date.
The Italian who threw in the towel in the first minute should be embarrassed, genetically inferior or not

I don't understand what there is to debate? The woman is genetically superior and the other pussy couldn't handle.
Lets not forget that the Algerian has had 5 losses so maybe just maybe her opponent was fucking useless.
It'll be similar to Caster Semenya who won gold in the 800m in London and Rio. Born as women but with men's testosterone levels which gives them a huge advantage and leads to them getting to the top of their sport. They should be on testosterone reduction therapy to bring them down to a certain level. But that is a level that is at the top of the range and the majority of women can't reach either so these rare athletes still have an advantage. The same standard applies to transgender athletes which is definitely unfair to natural women.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The Algerian boxer isn't transgender. Anyone peddling that has no idea about Algeria as a country.
She's intersex, and it's debatable whether they should be able to compete in the women's division, but it must be noted that she's been defeatable by NINE different women in her career to date.
The Italian who threw in the towel in the first minute should be embarrassed, genetically inferior or not
Her nose was smashed in the first punch. It's an intense pain. This wouldn't be a story without the failed tests.

If our 7s girls were beaten by a team of women with male testosterone levels though, we'd all be up in arms.

Last edited:
If our 7s girls were beaten by a team of women with male testosterone levels, we'd all be up in arms.
Is she exempt from having to fall within female testosterone levels at these Olympics?
It's a tough situation. A blanket ban across all sports would exclude an estimated 1.7% of people with female reproductive organs from top tier sport. Exclusion from Boxing I can understand, although it's not like this lady regulaly KO's people (yesterday was her 5th stoppage in 48 fights), but I can't see how it's cut & dry for everything. Caster Semenya was the world's best 800m runner but when she was forced to only run 3000m & above she wasn't even the best in her country.

the olympics and other top sports all test for testosterone levels and exclude basis off that, if anyone trans or not doesnt meet these criteria then they cant compete this is a none issue in professional sport.

The last I heard from this (a couple of years ago) was that the biggest advantage they have is training with the resources that mens sport has for the start of their careers, and this is only a thing if they transition later in life.

The best way if people are worried is to lift women’s sports up not take down trans people

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Is she exempt from having to fall within female testosterone levels at these Olympics?
It's a tough situation. A blanket ban across all sports would exclude an estimated 1.7% of people with female reproductive organs from top tier sport. Exclusion from Boxing I can understand, although it's not like this lady regulaly KO's people (yesterday was her 5th stoppage in 48 fights), but I can't see how it's cut & dry for everything. Caster Semenya was the world's best 800m runner but when she was forced to only run 3000m & above she wasn't even the best in her country.
If she wasn't tested for everything under the sun, she certainly will be now. She'll probably be fine.

It seems to me that the Italian boxer had the preconceived idea that she was up against someone with an unfair advantage, got her nose smashed and quit to get on her soap box.

Caster Semenya didn't do anything wrong but her elevated testosterone is the only reason we even know her name. She switched to the 5000m and won the national title. I've never heard of a middle distance champion moving to long distance and having immediate success, the energy systems are very different between the two disciplines. I doubt that 1.7% of women fall in this category though, is that what you were trying to say?

My gripe with transgender participation is that they only have to reduce their testosterone level to the highest possible female level which is not what the vast majority of female athletes can naturally achieve. How that applies to intersex athletes is a different story.

Last edited:
Caster Semenya didn't do anything wrong but her elevated testosterone is the only reason we even know her name.
Much like these current boxers.
I doubt that 1.7% of women fall in this category though, is that what you were trying to say?
I agree that 1.7% don't have the same condition as the Algerian which comes with physical advantages, however here's where I read all forms of Intersex make up that amount. Many women are unaware until childbirth https://www.intersexequality.com/how-common-is-intersex-in-humans/

Transgender is a whole different kettle of fish & a definitive no from me where physical dominance, as a result of transitioning, can dictate the outcome

Last edited:
Much like these current boxers.

I agree that 1.7% don't have the same condition as the Algerian which comes with physical advantages, however here's where I read all forms of Intersex make up that amount. Many women are unaware until childbirth https://www.intersexequality.com/how-common-is-intersex-in-humans/

Transgender is a whole different kettle of fish & a definitive no from me where physical dominance can dictate the outcome
Bro, I think the "Intersex Campaign for Equality" page might hand pick stats that enhance their cause. I'll remain sceptical on that one.

I guess if this Algerian boxer loses her next fight, it'll all be a nothing burger.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
It'll be similar to Caster Semenya who won gold in the 800m in London and Rio. Born as women but with men's testosterone levels which gives them a huge advantage and leads to them getting to the top of their sport. They should be on testosterone reduction therapy to bring them down to a certain level. But that is a level that is at the top of the range and the majority of women can't reach either so these rare athletes still have an advantage. The same standard applies to transgender athletes which is definitely unfair to natural women.
Olympics is about natural ability. She didn't increase her ability. It's natural. She's a woman in her country.

Phelps has double jointed ankles, should he have been made to have surgery before competing?

she ain’t even transgender.

this whole days conversation should be in the “makes me feel icky” thread.

in fact wasn’t there a twighlight of democracy thread where people could spazz out or pump themselves up and declare they’ll never use a public toilet again out of disgust, or whatever?

i miss that thread.
and i miss bruce.
and sup. i thought he’d come back.

I’ve read a few articles today about how the Algerian boxer has always been like this, so isn’t trying to transition from being a man to compete against women, which is how this issue has been portrayed. It sounds like the Italian is a sore loser, and is happily using her victim mentality to feed an increasingly awful public backlash against her competitor.

She was “fearing for her life?” Please. Other women have beaten the Algerian before. The Italian is just another princess that has been brought up to feel like she cannot be wrong

Is it fair that intersex competes against regular women? No it’s not fair. But the Algerian isn’t changing to get an advantage.

There is a (previously male) runner in the UK that recently identifies as a women, and has smashed the women’s records. That’s not on

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The chief exec of the organisation that banned her (IBA)for reasons unspecified is an old mate of mine, lad called Chris Roberts. I haven’t seem him for decades, we were in the same training group in my distance running days. Lost touch when I got married and moved for work reasons and he went into the forces.

No disclaimer in the Thread title?

Surly "Caution, this thread may contain traces of nuts" should have been included as an advisory.

Back