Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the point of an enquiry? It's done, let's move on without wasting a bunch more money.
Point of an enquiry, apart from where the money went, is to look at what we did well, what mistakes we made, present and future capabilities, and what we can improve on. Doesn't seem like it will be the last pandemic based on the increasing frequency of them occuring.

Last edited:
i think we’d be demanding an enquiry if national somehow just lost $15b and couldn’t find it but offered little explanation as to why.

rightly so too.
They aren't going to find it and we get it back, it's gone. People know where it went and some of it surely got wasted but no good throwing good money after bad.
Enquiries make consultants more money

Point of an enquiry, apart from where the money went, is to look at what we did well, what mistakes we made, present and future capabilities, and what we can improve on. Doesn't seem like it will be the last pandemic based on the increasing frequency of them occuring.
You could probsbly answer all those questions yourself, most of us could. On top of that every pandemic week be different as well as every person's opinion of how to respond

They aren't going to find it and we get it back, it's gone. People know where it went and some of it surely got wasted but no good throwing good money after bad.
Enquiries make consultants more money
agreed man, but it may be in a round about way forced accountability, which counts for something, surely?

You could probsbly answer all those questions yourself, most of us could. On top of that every pandemic week be different as well as every person's opinion of how to respond
You have already seen the different points of view just in this thread. And we aren't privy to the inner details of things like procuring vaccines, length of lockdowns, what were the trigger points and the rational behind them, more stringent policy around wage supplements and how they can be applied better, what workers can or should be exempt from lockdowns (infrastructure construction for example, green keepers etc), how do we manage schooling and education, what should our emergency powers policy look like and it's reach, and so on. There is plenty that is worthwhile dissecting and preparing for future events imo

If you don't know Ed Koch and Peter Thiel are the enemies of mankind yet, we're way ahead of you and you need to spend more time outside of your Atlas echo chamber.

As MaybeTop8 would say, I'll back off for now (until you answer this post). I'm getting sick of speaking for him for the purpose of banter, where is he?
I was at the disaster that was nz cricket, device free thankfully.

I see wizard continues his propaganda and lies unabated. Still absolutely no fact around his bleatings about Grant Robertson, sounding more like Chantelle Baker every day.

Meanwhile you would think he, like all of us, should be more worried about asset sales and the fact that these so called free speech warriors of the right Act, National and New Zealand First are completely willing to let nz journalism be strangled and even help hasten it's demise, yet are utterly willing to subisdise landlords with billions, bring back automatic and semi automatic weapons to boost the gun lobby, increase the profits of big tobacco and oil and sell off the countries assets to their mates.

Act, that so called bastion of free speech - like the Wiz, utterly full of it. https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/510512/seymour-plays-down-tvnz-dividend-comments

And yes Luxon is the ultimate hypocrite - punish those bludger beneficiaries while he creams tens off thousands of the taxpayers.

Utterly corrupt.

Neoliberal still works on my keyboard too.

Last edited:
Meanwhile you would think he, like all of us, should be more worries about asset sales
I’m very worried about asset sales which government ones are for sale?

Is this about Disneys newsroom? Are you advocating foreign corporate welfare? Does anyone spend an hour in the evening anymore watching the news? Don’t we already know it all as it happens? Seems they didn’t move with the times…

Did you support govt bale outs when video shops also went the way of the dinosaurs?

I’m very worried about asset sales which government ones are for sale?

Is this about Disneys newsroom? Are you advocating foreign corporate welfare? Does anyone spend an hour in the evening anymore watching the news? Don’t we already know it all as it happens?

Did you support welfare when video shops also went the way of the dinosaurs?
A) They're working on it. Take a look at the patterns. Go back and look at successive National goverments going back to the early 90s. And Mid 80s Labour. The signs are there.

B) https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL2402/S00043/on-the-newshubsmokefree-twin-fiascos.htm

C) I support people and citizens above corporate greed

D) You still haven't backed up what is innuendo and close to slander about Grant Robertson.

A) They're working on it. Take a look at the patterns. Go back and look at successive National goverments going back to the early 90s. And Mid 80s Labour. The signs are there.

B) https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL2402/S00043/on-the-newshubsmokefree-twin-fiascos.htm

C) I support people and citizens above corporate greed

D) You still haven't backed up what is innuendo and close to slander about Grant Robertson.
A - so get back to me when there’s news and I will be on your side - but nothing for me to get more upset about yet?

B - and…

C - same

D - genuinely don’t know what I’ve said about Robertson??? But whatever it was he probably deserved it!

Ps good to have you back on the thread as it was more boring than a cricket test around here without you!

and even help hasten it's demise, yet are utterly willing to subisdise landlords with billions, bring back automatic and semi automatic weapons to boost the gun lobby, increase the profits of big tobacco and oil and sell off the countries assets to their mates.
Don't agree with what the proposed changes to the gun legislation are but not too sure they will be allowing full auto weapons here?
Wouldn't be a rabbit or opossum left on my property if I could get my hands a M60.

The other MP's that own their own homes in Wellington & still claimed accommodation costs & travel in the last quarter.

Will we get an apology from Hipkins? Will the media go after these rich pricks? Will the posters on here even condemn these people doing identical to Luxon or was it a hit job?

309A47DD-36C2-42D6-9360-D6A81F255EA3.jpeg

Attachments

• A7C59274-0119-40B5-BD4D-C0153152AA7E.jpeg
    A7C59274-0119-40B5-BD4D-C0153152AA7E.jpeg
    949.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
What's the point of an enquiry? It's done, let's move on without wasting a bunch more money.
The problem is that whoever sets the terms of reference will slant an inquiry to suit themselves. The original one didn’t look at things which were perceived to be wrong (PPE, the length of the second lockdown). The next one will be looking at what was done wrong.

Here’s a novel idea….. instead of having an inquiry that either slaps politicians on their backs for a “Job well done” or is set up to find fault, look at all things that happened, see what things worked and what didn’t and get the country ready for the next one. It’s too important to let politics and who writes the ToR to decide how we prepare.

Last edited:
The other MP's that own their own homes in Wellington & still claimed accommodation costs & travel in the last quarter.

Will we get an apology from Hipkins? Will the media go after these rich pricks? Will the posters on here even condemn these people doing identical to Luxon or was it a hit job?

View attachment 5545
According to Newsroom, Luxon was the first PM in at least 34 years to claim the payment ( I.e. since premier house became the official residence).

Politically it was a poor decision, even he is admitting it by repaying the $$.

The argument that there are others doing it doesn't make it right, especially under a government that is imposing austerity measures to everyone else.

1709495247127.png

You're not even close Wiz.

You need to step away from talkback and look at actual facts.

Luxon, while espousing cutbacks to beneficiaries, bashing them outright, stating that people with cancer can work on the benefit, is claiming tens of thousands.

According to Newsroom, Luxon was the first PM in at least 34 years to claim the payment ( I.e. since premier house became the official residence).

The argument that there are others doing it doesn't make it right, especially under a government that is imposing austerity measures to everyone else.
100%.

View attachment 5546

You're not even close Wiz.

You need to step away from talkback and look at actual facts.

Luxon, while espousing cutbacks to beneficiaries, bashing them outright, stating that people with cancer can work on the benefit, is claiming tens of thousands.
Been going on for decades and will keep going for more until the sheep say NO!

He’s also the first to rent a house in Wellington….. I wonder how people would feel if Luxon authorised the $30 mil expenditure for work required to Premier House (as according to the report prepared for Hipkins and reported by the NZ herald) instead of claiming the allowance for rent.

What will be interesting is that in the next few weeks, the Remuneration Authority is releasing the latest accommodation allowances paid to all MPs. I think there is likely to be a few embarrassed current and former Ministers on that list.

Last edited:
I’ve already provided evidence straight from parliament Ardern claimed it
Premier house currently needs $30m spent on it and is not up to building or healthy homes standards so what other PM’s did is irrelevant seen as Labour didn’t keep it upgraded.

On another question, how can premier house need $30m - needs an investigation just on those figures. Dotcoms mansion is less than $30m…

Back