General Warriors General News

Screenshot_2024-06-11-00-36-27-32_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Any one considering making the trip?

I went on a 3 night trip for UFC 196 and it costs $5k all up.

Wonder if this will be a home or away game for us.
good question. Probably a home game for us and the magic round will be too :ROFLMAO:

Any one considering making the trip?

I went on a 3 night trip for UFC 196 and it costs $5k all up.

Wonder if this will be a home or away game for us.

NRL: NZ Warriors tipped for 2025 season-opener at Las Vegas​

NZ Warriors are reportedly firming as candidates to play their 2025 NRL season-opener at Las Vegas, as the Aussie rugby league competition continues to court the lucrative US sports market.

Four teams - Manly Sea Eagles, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Sydney Roosters and Brisbane Broncos - opened the current season at Allegiant Stadium, home of the Las Vegas Raiders NFL team - in March, the first of a five-year commitment to staging league at 'Sin City'.

Sydney's Daily Telegraph reports eight teams have been approached to return to the Nevada desert next year, with the Warriors joining Penrith Panthers, Cronulla Sharks, Canberra Raiders, St George Dragons, the Dolphins, Parramatta Eels and Melbourne Storm.

Teams have until Tuesday to confirm their interest, but the Telegraph claims the Dolphins, Dragons, Eels and Storm are unlikely to make the trip.

The Warriors will reportedly only agree, if they are an 'away' team, preserving their full quota of home games for Go Media Stadium. Home teams would receive A$350,000, while away teams just A$50,000.

The draw could see NZ Kiwis captain James Fisher-Harris make his Warriors debut against his current club, Penrith.

Quizzed about the possibility of a US jaunt in March, Warriors players were enthusiastic about the prospect.

Warriors players are understandably excited by the opportunity.

"I thought they were both top-quality games," grinned second-rower Kurt Capewell. "They were a great representation of our game overseas, a great initiative from the NRL and I can't wait for them to take the Warriors over there next year."

Coach Andrew Webster wasn't so keen.

"I thought it was a great spectacle, I just don't want to control 17 lunatics after they play, that's all I'm worried about," he shrugged. "That's a joke, sort of...

"I thought the NRL did a great job, the players did a great job and what they put on was outstanding. Our time's going to come and if it comes, we'll embrace it and go for it.

"I'll hire 20 security guards after the game and they can look after the players."

If you look at the Air NZ flights for the week leading up to the game. The weekend before their is only business class left. The Monday after the games, there are no flights available on that day.
I guess the NRL and Hospitality have first grabs on the seats.

I've been pretty disappointed with the Grabaseat packages for the Wellington/Christchurch games. They have been way more expensive than going it alone. The only benefit appeared to be having Monty Betham and the Mad Butcher on the flight.

Hopefully the Vegas offering is much better

Are they 1 ticket for 2 games? If it's only for 1 game then they should put us against the Raiders for maximum ticket sales

Canberra ex-packs aren't exactly going to pack the stadium, we'll probably have the largest crowd in town

NRL Las Vegas: The non-negotiable element for Warriors CEO Cameron George​

By Will Toogood
11 Jun, 2024 12:02

Since news broke that the NRL had committed to a five-year agreement to begin each season in Las Vegas, Warriors fans have eagerly awaited an announcement that their team would be on the line-up.

This year, the Brisbane Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Sydney Roosters and Manly Sea Eagles launched the year in Sin City to great success in both Australia and abroad. According to News Corp, the Warriors, Penrith Panthers, Cronulla Sharks and Canberra Raiders are the frontrunners for 2025.

While the Warriors are yet to be confirmed as a team to head abroad next year, chief executive Cameron George has alluded that a deal may be close to completion.

He told Newstalk ZB’s Mike Hosking there was a “big chance” the club could be headed to Vegas, pending further negotiations.

“There’s a big chance, but admittedly we’re not confirmed. I’ve got some paperwork I’m working through with the NRL, we’ll catch up again later this week.”

George said there was one caveat which he considered to be a non-negotiable element of the deal: that the Warriors would play in Las Vegas as an away team.

“We’re an away team so it doesn’t impact on our home game schedule. That’s absolutely non-negotiable, so if the NRL agrees to that, you know, then we’re a chance of being there.”

It comes as little surprise that the Warriors would look to retain as many home games as possible, the club are on track for a historic season of sellouts for each home game at Go Media Mt Smart stadium this year.

Tickets to Saturday’s match against the Melbourne Storm sold out two weeks in advance and the large crowds provide a vital financial boost for the club.

The Warriors would also likely be in a strong negotiating position; a dedicated fanbase on both sides of the Tasman would mean they could pitch the NRL with reasonable certainty of plenty of fans heading to Las Vegas.

It may not only be fans who are anticipating the news of the Warriors heading to Vegas. Star halfback Shaun Johnson said in March he wants in, regardless of whether he extends his contract beyond this season.

“Let’s just say, if we’re in Vegas, I’m going to be there either way,” Johnson said. “Run a blue shirt [as a trainer], play, whatever it is, I’ve got to be there for that.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/ru...ry-hit-nrl-season/IK5MX3IIFBE5TDO6QU2MT6QQQI/
“That’s pretty cool if we’re in the mixer for that and you can get over there. I’m sure they [the NRL] could reward us with something like that.

“I can’t ever turn my back on Mt Smart, but I’d say running a blue shirt in Vegas would be a lot cooler than running a blue shirt at Mt Smart.

“If it’s not Vegas, it better be Mt Smart and if it’s not Mt Smart, it better be Vegas.”

NRL Las Vegas: The non-negotiable element for Warriors CEO Cameron George​

By Will Toogood
11 Jun, 2024 12:02

Since news broke that the NRL had committed to a five-year agreement to begin each season in Las Vegas, Warriors fans have eagerly awaited an announcement that their team would be on the line-up.

This year, the Brisbane Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Sydney Roosters and Manly Sea Eagles launched the year in Sin City to great success in both Australia and abroad. According to News Corp, the Warriors, Penrith Panthers, Cronulla Sharks and Canberra Raiders are the frontrunners for 2025.

While the Warriors are yet to be confirmed as a team to head abroad next year, chief executive Cameron George has alluded that a deal may be close to completion.

He told Newstalk ZB’s Mike Hosking there was a “big chance” the club could be headed to Vegas, pending further negotiations.

“There’s a big chance, but admittedly we’re not confirmed. I’ve got some paperwork I’m working through with the NRL, we’ll catch up again later this week.”

George said there was one caveat which he considered to be a non-negotiable element of the deal: that the Warriors would play in Las Vegas as an away team.

“We’re an away team so it doesn’t impact on our home game schedule. That’s absolutely non-negotiable, so if the NRL agrees to that, you know, then we’re a chance of being there.”

It comes as little surprise that the Warriors would look to retain as many home games as possible, the club are on track for a historic season of sellouts for each home game at Go Media Mt Smart stadium this year.

Tickets to Saturday’s match against the Melbourne Storm sold out two weeks in advance and the large crowds provide a vital financial boost for the club.

The Warriors would also likely be in a strong negotiating position; a dedicated fanbase on both sides of the Tasman would mean they could pitch the NRL with reasonable certainty of plenty of fans heading to Las Vegas.

It may not only be fans who are anticipating the news of the Warriors heading to Vegas. Star halfback Shaun Johnson said in March he wants in, regardless of whether he extends his contract beyond this season.

“Let’s just say, if we’re in Vegas, I’m going to be there either way,” Johnson said. “Run a blue shirt [as a trainer], play, whatever it is, I’ve got to be there for that.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/ru...ry-hit-nrl-season/IK5MX3IIFBE5TDO6QU2MT6QQQI/
“That’s pretty cool if we’re in the mixer for that and you can get over there. I’m sure they [the NRL] could reward us with something like that.

“I can’t ever turn my back on Mt Smart, but I’d say running a blue shirt in Vegas would be a lot cooler than running a blue shirt at Mt Smart.

“If it’s not Vegas, it better be Mt Smart and if it’s not Mt Smart, it better be Vegas.”

Great stuff george! Sick of losing home games away!

I work for Emerson’s brewery in Dunedin. Today we caned 20’000 cans of lion red with a special Warriors themed Label.

We normally only do our own beers but we are owned by Lion and they asked us to do. We were happy as to do it. Three diehard Warriors fans on the packaging crew. I ran the can line the other two packed and stacked the cans.
It’s a one off they are I believe being sold at the home Broncos game. I have a photo I tried to upload but the file was to large

I work for Emerson’s brewery in Dunedin. Today we caned 20’000 cans of lion red with a special Warriors themed Label.

We normally only do our own beers but we are owned by Lion and they asked us to do. We were happy as to do it. Three diehard Warriors fans on the packaging crew. I ran the can line the other two packed and stacked the cans.
It’s a one off they are I believe being sold at the home Broncos game. I have a photo I tried to upload but the file was to large
Will be sure to try and sneak a can out of MSS for research purposes 😂

Back