NRL NRL Round 4, 2024 Discussion

When Manly were playing well in the previous rounds I did like the addition of Brooks.

They had a nice play last week with Brooks moving over to the other side of the field. First to shuffle it on and then to set up a play as DCE was caught either in field or around the play the ball. He ended up across the other side of the field and set up a try.

Something I've been in favour of for a while. Instead of keeping halves on the one side of the field have them playing both sides. I know the coaches like keeping the structure and the combinations but it would throw the opposition off. We have Johnson moving around a lot. The others would need a bit of work.

Johnsons first tenure here a few times he would end up on the left and the opposition who wouldn't prepared for him would have been like WTF.

His offload for the first was try was pretty good though

He can’t bust the line anymore cause his legs are rooted
All of the talk last year about his time in the U.S. seems like they are still waiting on results. Last year was injury plagued, it may take time for his confidence like coming back from an ACL. Or he could be done.

There was a nice run in the first half where he nearly powered through. The problem was the pass afterwards.

Damn good try.
Would like to see us add a bit more like that. Even if it is just off a break and then play some football. Like the try DWZ set up last week, a bit off the cuff play instead of being dependent on the structures inside the 20.

Don't get me wrong it's great seeing a Warriors side stuff up and opposition out wide with plays as it has been done to us enough. It's just a few more longer range stuff or making breaks and having guys there to move the ball off the break to continue the play. Would give the opposition more to scout and also means if we are behind late we don't need to get to the 20 to be a chance.

To start with we need to fix up our passes when guys make a break. Had a few the last few years where guys have looked like a deer in headlights. Ale managed to set up his support last week and show them how it is done.

Back