• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Really interesting regarding Leo Thompson and the speculation around raiders. Nothing can offered at present so obviously just interest but his price could get pushed up too high if interest is too willing? There’s also his brother and do they advertise themselves as a package deal? If that’s the case that pushes their price up further, though the upside of the two could be huge? A club like ours with JFH could be huge for their development, though their youth could block some highly regarded young players already at the club? Interested in that rumour some time ago on here regarding Naufahu Whyte and wonder if he or Siua Wong could be pushed out of the roosters?
I really believe we will sign Leo Thompson. We currently have very senior players at the back end of their careers and raw potential with a smattering of first grade but nothing in between.
This signing would ensure over the next 2/4 years you have a settled and established front row combo with another few good years of young guys getting good first grade exposure with a view to transition into starters.
You heard it here first. 👍🏾

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I really believe we will sign Leo Thompson. We currently have very senior players at the back end of their careers and raw potential with a smattering of first grade but nothing in between.
This signing would ensure over the next 2/4 years you have a settled and established front row combo with another few good years of young guys getting good first grade exposure with a view to transition into starters.
You heard it here first. 👍🏾
Would love that. With him going to market in November, if we were to secure him fairly quickly it would be interesting to see if the knights would cut their losses considering that Tyrone Thompson gets there on a development contract and would be a waste of time for them unless he was staying on himself and Leo departed? You could imagine that if it came to that then a player trade would be sought by the knights for an early release?

Would love that. With him going to market in November, if we were to secure him fairly quickly it would be interesting to see if the knights would cut their losses considering that Tyrone Thompson gets there on a development contract and would be a waste of time for them unless he was staying on himself and Leo departed? You could imagine that if it came to that then a player trade would be sought by the knights for an early release?

They can have Bunty and Kosi

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I guess we are now waiting for
a) the playoffs to be complete
secondly b) November 1st
Before we all start reading Zero tackle every day.

I still think there will be an email to Dylan Brown's agent. Their team might say no. But I can't see us not asking.

I guess we are now waiting for
a) the playoffs to be complete
secondly b) November 1st
Before we all start reading Zero tackle every day.

I still think there will be an email to Dylan Brown's agent. Their team might say no. But I can't see us not asking.
People tend to get hung upon that November 1st thing and tend to get disappointed when there’s not the flurry of signings they were expecting.

People tend to get hung upon that November 1st thing and tend to get disappointed when there’s not the flurry of signings they were expecting.
100% agree

That said there are above average number of players free for 2026. This will be a busy off season. But yes no news for sone weeks after Nov 1,

100% agree

That said there are above average number of players free for 2026. This will be a busy off season. But yes no news for sone weeks after Nov 1,
If you are a decent player, and probably have demand for your services it would make very little sense to sign a contract as soon as that window is open - unless ofcourse you had been waiting for that team to come knocking and know no team will outmatch that offer. 12 months is a long time and if you are half decent, you would have to be a moron to sign a contract that early.

And btw noone would be reading zerotackle for news. They have become a bit of a joke - one of their headlines in past few days was that "Latrell signs for Broncos". It was Latrell Siegwalt a QLD cup player.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back