Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
IMO, with defence being the priority.

A deciding factor in who will be SJ’s halves partner comes down to where they put RTS and by extension Capewell. I’d partner RTS and Capewell together on the left.
RTS is inexperienced in the centre position and Capewell isn’t exactly a defensive beast.
Assuming that being the case, it’d be pretty silly to have Metcalf also on the left. CHT and TMM are far superior defensively than he is. They also have a better distribution game as well, particularly TMM. I do see CHT as the best all round player of the 3 however.

However if SJ goes down regardless of who’s the 6 I’d pick Metcalf to replace him.

I think CHT is a good pick up and will be a handy player that can fill a couple of roles for us.

It's great to have some excitement and enthusiasm but some do need to temper expectations though

Wouldn't be the first time a player has been well over hyped on the forum would it?
I bit of intel on another thread mentioned that Niukore is being looked at for a bench role and CHT leading the race to partner SJ at this stage, would have to imagine for that to be the case that he’s impressing?

I think CHT is a good pick up and will be a handy player that can fill a couple of roles for us.

It's great to have some excitement and enthusiasm but some do need to temper expectations though

Wouldn't be the first time a player has been well over hyped on the forum would it?
I’m glad to have him back as well, I expect him to play 14. His versatility will be very handy. Based on his pre-sabbatical performance I’m not expecting him to play ahead of either Metcalf or TMM at 6, however wouldn’t be totally shocked if he did.

I bit of intel on another thread mentioned that Niukore is being looked at for a bench role and CHT leading the race to partner SJ at this stage, would have to imagine for that to be the case that he’s impressing?
As Mr. Brownstone said, It wouldn't surprise me if he played 6 but you would have to think there would be some concerns, injury or otherwise, around Metcalf and TMM for that to happen. The trials will be a good indication of where Webster sees CHT. If he is playing in the halves exclusively then its a chance he is 6 for round 1.

As Mr. Brownstone said, It wouldn't surprise me if he played 6 but you would have to think there would be some concerns, injury or otherwise, around Metcalf and TMM for that to happen. The trials will be a good indication of where Webster sees CHT. If he is playing in the halves exclusively then its a chance he is 6 for round 1.
I think the situation with Volkman is an indication he’s seen in the halves, unless they liked what they saw with Tuaupiki at five eighth and keen to persevere? Though unlikely. I personally see Metcalf playing if TMM and CHT are injured or otherwise.

I think the situation with Volkman is an indication he’s seen in the halves, unless they liked what they saw with Tuaupiki at five eighth and keen to persevere? Though unlikely. I personally see Metcalf playing if TMM and CHT are injured or otherwise.
Yes of course, one of Metcalf, TMM or CHT will play 6 & the others will either play from the bench or reserve grade. Each provides cover for injuries.

What is TMM actually better than CHT at though? Genuinely asking.

Albeit it will take him some time shake the rust off, imo CHT is a superior version of what TMM offers.

The only wildcard is Metcalf showing what he's capable of with his speed, which obviously CHT doesn't have. But I still think CHT is a more complete all round player than Metcalf.
Passing was clunky with CHT in the Halves, he gets tackled with the ball a fair bit from memory.
His development arc was strange I thought....I.e he was fast, a stepper...talked up as an exciting Junior.....that was the age he did the scorpion kick.

Then he was bulked up by the club, loss of speed, less creativity, light foot stepping....looked like a slow guy, gets trapped with the ball....clunky service....

Then a one off test....pumped with pride....playing dummy half...looks great....

I get that CHT had lost the love....and is gonna be fresh...and I get that his development included shit coaching and a stink team....and I get that he could improve greatly.....

And Defence is his strength....so I'm not discounting any of that....

But TMM looked great next to SJ....got injured....looked like a post injury player end of season.

So I still have TMM out front by some distance (for now) as he can defend and looked fluid when fit.

Also TMM has a burst of speed over a short distance which helps him draw and hold up defenders (this is when fit and has been there his whole career till 2023 injury).

Last edited:
Sucked in Flanno, should have read the fine print on Donald Duck haha

Nah we're better than that, feel sorry for the Drags fans and Volks. Not for their coach though, cheating scumbag deserves all his bad luck.
We would be pointing the finger at McFadden had that been us. They need to do the same.

Yes of course, one of Metcalf, TMM or CHT will play 6 & the others will either play from the bench or reserve grade. Each provides cover for injuries.
I can agree that CHT is the most worthy of a bench role being he fills multiple utility roles compared to the other two, but if CHT is impressing and owning it he deserves to start. Also could that be a too small bench to carry CHT? I could understand for the spell Egan factor, but Walker is an automatic pick, Jazz is a small prop and Niukore or Barnett would provide our only size with Barnett not huge either. Ale and Bunty are floating around too which could add some size but would be at the expense of Jazz if CHT is in the bench also.