Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
IMHO there is no way AFB is going anywhere in 2024.

Apart from one or two posters on here who are close to the action the rest of us are just assuming the media surge about AFB wanting out immediately was true.

If Webby says he is committed to 2024 that’s good enough for me.

No way would I trade him for any duet of BHU, Rudolf, Hazleton or Hunt. AFB plays the same minutes as any of those two combined and has twice the motor.

We can get by in 2024.
People quickly forget how effective Bunty was when he started and Ale off the bench was decent.

I think Webby will realise his small bench didn’t work at the back end of the season.
Barnett, Harris and Nuikore can also do minutes in the middle as we know and will.

Through 2024 and by 2025 other props will emerge as quality NRL players and be able to be approached and we have a bunch of up and coming forward like never before.

Rudolph is a good player, but there will no swap for 2024, tell em their dreamng...

looking at the pack, they'll target a medium sized very mobile prop, as we won't be able to get a marque signing for 2025.

Firstly AFB benefited from the rise in performance from the players around him. Secondly he is an elite player so replacing him with someone expecting them to do the same role is near impossible.

Personally I think it is important we have him next season to help transition our young guys.
Agree, but totally hate what you're saying, head says yes, but heart says no!!! - on an emotional level feels like he's been slutting around on us, I want a divorce!!! - lol

Agree, but totally hate what you're saying, head says yes, but heart says no!!! - on an emotional level feels like he's been slutting around on us, I want a divorce!!! - lol

Is he though, another possibility is the Sharks and his manager/agent might be playing silly buggers. All I have seen is Addin is committed to another year here.

Is he homesick?

I'd be surprised if we sign a marquee prop.
Management are building a warchest to sign someone when the leaders of our club retire. Harris and SJ imo won't play beyond 26 at best, may as well add RTS, Walker and Capewell to that also.
We are 10 years behind developing a local premiership team as Penrith has, the only way to speed that up is experience and quality. On top of that we all know being based in NZ complicates recruiting so they will back the juniors to point but target a big name to replace what we are losing. Who better than the Kiwis captain..

The silence is golden from Wah’s HQ.. they def have someone either signed or in their sights. No immediate player trade with The Sharks says a lot.
Thought it was interesting the latest post on BHU instagram page from a day ago. Flown around Auckland in a small plane. Gave me the impression of an excursion set up by a club rather than someone doing it of their own accord? Perhaps grasping at straws but who knows.

Thought it was interesting the latest post on BHU instagram page from a day ago. Flown around Auckland in a small plane. Gave me the impression of an excursion set up by a club rather than someone doing it of their own accord? Perhaps grasping at straws but who knows.

Seems legit…

IMG_4038.jpeg

BHU
28 years old
191 cms 6 foot 3
115 Kg
Contracted through 2024, available 2025