Social Video Games

Damn that trailer has got 18 million views in 2 hours. 4 million likes as well so it looks popular.

The funny thing with the sentence above. I'm sure it was 16 million but I went to check the likes and noticed it was 18 million.

Just finished Spider-Man 2 a couple of days back really good for those who like that sort of game. Next pick up will be the metal gear solid bundle re release

I skipped the last generation of consoles as I found after having kids I had less time. I found that every time I had some time and I went to play my PS3 all of the controls would be flat. My kids are a bit older now and are playing it a bit so have been getting keen on a PS5 and a new TV.

I probably save quite a bit of money not getting the last console looking at how many games I have on the PS3. I'm getting quite keen on the PS5 but can see me going all out on the internal storage upgrade which will end up being a similar cost to the console. Also having to get kid friendly games plus what I want.

The current plan will likely be turn the downstairs bedroom into a lounge with the old TV the PS3 and the modded original XBox. Then upstairs with the PS5 and the new TV.

Seeing the new WWE games with War Games matches has perked my interest.

My main thing is with less time it will be harder to finish a lot of games or say for the wrestling games go through and unlock everything. I suppose I could use it to spend time with the kids or a good excuse for some days off. I've been wanting to take some time off to game but I end up doing the responsible thing and working around the house or other jobs that need to be done.

I skipped the last generation of consoles as I found after having kids I had less time. I found that every time I had some time and I went to play my PS3 all of the controls would be flat. My kids are a bit older now and are playing it a bit so have been getting keen on a PS5 and a new TV.

I probably save quite a bit of money not getting the last console looking at how many games I have on the PS3. I'm getting quite keen on the PS5 but can see me going all out on the internal storage upgrade which will end up being a similar cost to the console. Also having to get kid friendly games plus what I want.

The current plan will likely be turn the downstairs bedroom into a lounge with the old TV the PS3 and the modded original XBox. Then upstairs with the PS5 and the new TV.
With the ps subscription service you can play a heap of games across the generations which might help you ‘catch up’

A few weeks ago after leaving the kids on holiday and having to drive the wife back we went out and had a look at TVs. I also took the chance to get a PS5 at the same time.

It was funny as my youngest gets funny while away. I kept checking in as I was getting busy during the day. He found the reason why when he got home. Mind you he thought his mother brought a new TV and a PS5 for me. I told her that was unlikely as your mother knows I'm an addict. 😆

It was a bit of a relief financially not buying new games over the last generation and getting cheap second hand games for the PS3 for my kids.

So far I've got

Tony Hawk 1 and 2
UFC 5
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Lego Avengers 2
Lego Ninjago
Rugby 22
Modern Warfare 1 (remastered)
Modern Warfare 2 (remastered)
Batman Return to Arkham (Contains the first 3)

The last 3 are still to download.

Can see why people complain about add-ons and paying extra after the fact. I've brought a few packs for the UFC and wanted to do the Promoter in Fire Pro.

The main reason for the PS5 was for WWE 2k23. I was about to buy it but saw the last two were released early in the year. So I held off and we are now getting announcements for it. The last one I got was 2K14 which celebrated the history of Wrestlemania. Looks like I will be getting the follow up 10 years later.

A few weeks ago after leaving the kids on holiday and having to drive the wife back we went out and had a look at TVs. I also took the chance to get a PS5 at the same time.

It was funny as my youngest gets funny while away. I kept checking in as I was getting busy during the day. He found the reason why when he got home. Mind you he thought his mother brought a new TV and a PS5 for me. I told her that was unlikely as your mother knows I'm an addict. 😆

It was a bit of a relief financially not buying new games over the last generation and getting cheap second hand games for the PS3 for my kids.

So far I've got

Tony Hawk 1 and 2
UFC 5
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Lego Avengers 2
Lego Ninjago
Rugby 22
Modern Warfare 1 (remastered)
Modern Warfare 2 (remastered)
Batman Return to Arkham (Contains the first 3)

The last 3 are still to download.

Can see why people complain about add-ons and paying extra after the fact. I've brought a few packs for the UFC and wanted to do the Promoter in Fire Pro.

The main reason for the PS5 was for WWE 2k23. I was about to buy it but saw the last two were released early in the year. So I held off and we are now getting announcements for it. The last one I got was 2K14 which celebrated the history of Wrestlemania. Looks like I will be getting the follow up 10 years later.
The Arkham games are amazing (Arkham city was my personal favourite) recently replayed them in the lead up to Gotham knights that released recently. Gotham knights isn’t done by the same studio and isn’t technically related but it’s similar gameplay and good to play as some of the bat family characters instead of Batman. The ‘spiritual successor’ (in the same world made by same studio) is out in Feb but with suicide squad characters.
The only game missing is Arkham origins that was a prequel done by the sister studio and had a different voice cast that got a bit panned but I enjoyed it - can be a bit hard to find though haven’t managed to find it playable on newer generations.

Highly recommend the metal gear solid collection which I played over Xmas (if u don’t mind older generation graphics)

Currently about half way through Baldur's Gate 3 on PC at the moment, but also helping my 8 year old son work his way through Hollow Knight on PS5. I've neglected gaming over the last 6 months or so, but managed to sink some time into Starfield (not great) and the odd Switch game I've been chipping away at (The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles).

Trying to get serious now and finish Baldur's Gate 3 ASAP because I know the world will be dead to me once Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth comes out late-February.

Also really keen to try the John Romero SIGIL mod's of Doom. Problem being I have eyes bigger than my stomach, per se.

The Arkham games are amazing (Arkham city was my personal favourite) recently replayed them in the lead up to Gotham knights that released recently. Gotham knights isn’t done by the same studio and isn’t technically related but it’s similar gameplay and good to play as some of the bat family characters instead of Batman. The ‘spiritual successor’ (in the same world made by same studio) is out in Feb but with suicide squad characters.
The only game missing is Arkham origins that was a prequel done by the sister studio and had a different voice cast that got a bit panned but I enjoyed it - can be a bit hard to find though haven’t managed to find it playable on newer generations.

Highly recommend the metal gear solid collection which I played over Xmas (if u don’t mind older generation graphics)
I finished the first one on the PS3. That was a game I rented and had to get from the store a few times. I have Arkham City on the PS3 but haven't completed it.

I assume these have updated graphics. I brought them as the price was pretty good. I will probably end up catching up on PS4 games like you mentioned earlier in the thread. Mainly due to a few of them being on special.

I've seen a Metal Gear Solid games on the Store along with the Star Wars games that were re-released. I brought Metal Gear 4 on the PS3 when it first came out but I was only getting into shooters at the time. Ended up getting sucked into Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter, Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Duty and Battlefield (3 and Bad Company 2), Medal of Honour and never got back to it.

I finished the first one on the PS3. That was a game I rented and had to get from the store a few times. I have Arkham City on the PS3 but haven't completed it.

I assume these have updated graphics. I brought them as the price was pretty good. I will probably end up catching up on PS4 games like you mentioned earlier in the thread. Mainly due to a few of them being on special.

I've seen a Metal Gear Solid games on the Store along with the Star Wars games that were re-released. I brought Metal Gear 4 on the PS3 when it first came out but I was only getting into shooters at the time. Ended up getting sucked into Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter, Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Duty and Battlefield (3 and Bad Company 2), Medal of Honour and never got back to it.
If you like Star Wars games the Jedi fallen order and survivor are excellent (but more open world though)

If you like Star Wars games the Jedi fallen order and survivor are excellent (but more open world though)
Yep got those on my wishlist.

Seen a few videos of people playing them. Keen to work through them although my playing time will dry up soon. Likely don't have time to play through the ones I have got.

Those Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor games look impressive.