Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Phil Gould the last few weeks. I've had a bit to do with him when I was with the Warriors he has a great attitude.

Now. Bulldogs have salary cap issues and other clubs offer AFB more. Must be his attitude.

The Tigers pulling their offer and the comment about why they would make an offer to a player the coach doesn't want. This is the Tigers they are talking about. The place all year the coaching staff didn't see eye to eye with the new Recruitment Manager. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers made two offers one presented by the coaching staff and one presented by the recruitment team. That's how dysfunctional they are.

Didn't someone here come up with Kurt Cape-Wah?

IMG_20231215_111204.jpg

NRL: NZ Warriors coach Andrew Webster expects star front-rower Addin Fonua-Blake to leave club on high​

While the early exit of Addin Fonua-Blake remains the elephant in the NZ Warriors clubrooms, coach Andrew Webster insists his star front-rower seems more intent than ever to take his team to the next level in 2024.
The Dally M Prop of the Year sent shock waves through the club's fanbase over the off-season, when he requested an early release from his contract, due to expire in 2026, to return to Sydney on compassionate grounds.

In the interests of compromise, Fonua-Blake has committed to at least one more season at Mt Smart, while the Warriors bargain for the best return on their investment, when he leaves.

Sydney clubs are already queuing for his services, with St George Dragons emerging as the favourites, but they must also provide a suitable replacement on the Warriors roster.
Fonua-Blake, 28, has been instrumental to the Warriors' dramatic improvement over the past 12 months, with Webster rating him the best of his position in the game. News of his departure must be tearing at the heart of a coach desperately trying to elevate his team to an NRL Grand Final - an perhaps beyond.
If it is, Webster's not showing it.

"Whilst he's not at training, I've had heaps of conversations with Addin and I see nothing but focus," he said. "If anything, I see him more focused on wanting to leave here on a good note.
"You've got to understand, you've got a player who's not leaving because he doesn't like it here - the football environment - he actually loves it.

"He's passionate about this club, but he physically, for personal reasons, needs to go home. As a result of that, I think he's more motivated than I've seen, but we'll know when he gets back to training.
"I think he's unbelievably focused."

Really driving the point home about AFB not wanting to leave but HAVING to leave. Noticed the same whenever George is asked about it too.

Nice work from you (and the search function). The question now: is 'Pop Dukez' just some punter like us with a penchant for lyrical gangsterism, and the Warriors social media team has been keeping tabs on this forum? Or is Pop Dukez himself part of the Warriors social media team?
I’m just a punter with a penchant for lyrical gangsterism……I was on the loo where I do most of my business and it just popped into my head. I thought of it before I saw it anywhere else & posted it here asap…. just sayin’ 🤷🏽

I'm pretty sure some lad on here posted Capewah two weeks ago. I call on that pimpernell: reveal thyself! I can't be arsed looking back through to find the evidence.

I'm pretty sure some lad on here posted Capewah two weeks ago. I call on that pimpernell: reveal thyself! I can't be arsed looking back through to find the evidence.
I didn’t want to have to do this but you’ve made me go full inspector.
IMG_3080.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3079.jpeg
    IMG_3079.jpeg
    779.5 KB · Views: 86