• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL Stats

6 of last years top 8 had youth (inexperience), seems like an asset… but then there was the Tigers 🤣

Can our old men defy the odds!

There was an article sometime last year that crunched the numbers on GF winning 17s.

Can't remember exactly but they reckon winning NRL teams tend to skew a bit younger with a bunch of players in a similar kind of age bracket 22-26ish who've played a heap together coming up.

NZWarriors.com
In another thread i noted that after the first round the Warriors sat 15th lowest in PCM to total run metre ratios. They improved in Round 2 to 11th & ranked 12th in Round 3 with 33.6%. Despite their loss, the Raiders were the top team in the competition last round with 40.9% of all their metres coming post contact. That worked out to be 3.3m PCMs per carry.
Parra, Canterbury, Newcastle & North Queensland also grabbed wins despite being lower on the ledger than their opposition so there's no real correlation to be found but it's something I think I'll keep track of

Last edited:
In another thread i noted that after the first round the Warriors sat 15th lowest in PCM to total run metres ratios. They improved in Round 2 to 11th & ranked 12th in Round 3 with 33.6%. Despite their loss, the Raiders were the top team in the competition last round with 40.9% of all their metres coming post contact. That worked out to be 3.3m PCMs per carry.
Parra, Canterbury, Newcastle & North Queensland also grabbed wins despite being lower on the ledger than their opposition so there's no real correlation to be found but it's something I think I'll keep track of
Interesting! It is a small sample size, of course, but would be an interesting one for Fonzie Fonzie to digest on the next TWL pod he is on.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Hasn’t been much to brag about this year but we still have a few guys in top 5s statistically.

Afb 2nd for run meters and a clear first for post contact.
IMG_5017.jpeg

IMG_5018.jpeg
Barney coming in 4th.

Jackson ford hasn’t got the wraps he did last year but he’s still been working hard- second for most tackles.
IMG_5019.jpeg

And second for decoys- Barney with another mention one spot behind him.
IMG_5020.jpeg

Unfortunately he’s still got a few too many of these in him…
IMG_5021.jpeg

Egans a bit out of favor but still 2nd for dummy half runs.
IMG_5022.jpeg

And somehow Sj still featuring in the kicking stats.
IMG_5024.jpeg

IMG_5025.jpeg

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I guess this is a stat.

When was the last time we’ve one suspension in FG for a player after 21 rounds???

Dallins the only one who’s copped a suspension this year right?

Absolutely unheard of.

I found this stat page very interesting. The peak age for an NRL player is 26, even for props and performance tapers off after then.

This is a few years old now and with the game speeding up it’s probably even more relevant.

Needs to be factored into recruitment as our 24 team displayed this drop off perfectly. Of note, centre is the position where output drops off earliest and by RTS age it doesn’t work…

Back