Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
I'm really off Jazz. I don't think Webster's style of play suits him.

I can't even remember a line or tackle break from him.

We really need another big bopper.
Agree completely. His energy used to make him stand out in an underperforming side. But we are a good team now who still struggles against other / top 4 sides when AFB and Barnett are off. Good, big forward packs just change up a gear and roll through us as we don't have the size or athleticism to shut them down.
I thought Afoa was more than solid backup when we needed him to cover Barnett but I'm afraid the time has come for Jazz to have a bit of fun in Super League....

He'd bugger off way before any 2034-2038 period.

Let's not forget he's the guy who said Ivan looked tired during his first stint as Penrith coach and then pretty quickly after coming out with that observation, fired Ivan.

I don't trust him to not stick his nose in when it's not needed/accept a decision being made that's not what he recommended.

Jordan Grant and George Jennings released from the storm along with Nikorima and others recently. Think Jordan Grant would be a good pickup as a workhorse prop, understandable he doesn’t get many games at the storm with their props. Impressive stats with his few starts for the storm tackling at 97%, but also plays for brisbane tigers in Queensland cup and in 18 starts this season tackles at 97% also and over 100m per game. At an older age so wouldn’t stand in the way of juniors coming through, could be a bit of a firebrand for us.

Jordan Grant and George Jennings released from the storm along with Nikorima and others recently. Think Jordan Grant would be a good pickup as a workhorse prop, understandable he doesn’t get many games at the storm with their props. Impressive stats with his few starts for the storm tackling at 97%, but also plays for brisbane tigers in Queensland cup and in 18 starts this season tackles at 97% also and over 100m per game. At an older age so wouldn’t stand in the way of juniors coming through, could be a bit of a firebrand for us.

Could be good to plug the D and provide more dominance in the tackles to slow the PTB down. 190cm would be taller than all the props we have lol

Defensively yes but Are those attacking stats wrong? Looks shit. Only had 2 first grade games but average 28 running meters, half of then post contact. May as well keep bunty.
Screenshot_20231004_080419_Chrome.jpg

Defensively yes but Are those attacking stats wrong? Looks shit. Only had 2 first grade games but average 28 running meters, half of then post contact. May as well keep bunty.
View attachment 1041
Yeah, everyone looking for our next bargain prop, remember we have Bunty as an experienced back up. If we were to sign anyone else in that role, they would have to be better then Bunty and we would have to move Bunty on. Seems pointless, especially with juniors coming through.

View attachment 1041
Probably not a huge upgrade but his stats are impressive in Queensland cup week in week out, big step up in first grade but his numbers are as good as Bunty’s when he’s gone to nsw cup this year and consistent. Hard to gauge his first grade starts as given limited time and probably given strict instructions to only play his role. Has an offload which would be an upgrade straight away on Bunty. He just played in the final for brisane tigers but unfortunately sin binned. Had those same good numbers in the final thought that has shown all season for tigers.
AFB
Grant
Barnett
Bunty
Zyon Maiu’u
Could be ok as our propping depth.

I'm not big on the Jordan Grant train, but I think we have to realise is that stats wise, Bunty was one of the worst performing props across the NRL this year. Attacking wise anyways - very few attacking stats and about 58m a game from about 30 minutes. That's really really poor.
Defence he's much better, but again when most props are sitting above 90% tackling effeciency, I don't really see this as something he 'offers' the team, when most players are doing the same thing.

I'm happy to have him as a 4th prop/back up in the rotation but I think he's had his chances - he played 21 games this year, imagine if we gave Zyon Maiu’u 10 of those this year to jump start his NRL career, we'd arguably be in a much better position currently, with Zyon Maiu’u finishing nek year with 20+ career games...

Storm certainly very disappointed to see Jordan Grant go and unsure why he didn’t get more opportunities, they’ve also released Tom Eisenhuth. Their forum reckons there’s a rumour floating around Daniel Saifiti to storm. Also sounds like roosters trying to offload Angus Crichton, he and CHT had a blast last offseason.
Yeah Australian rugby have pulled their deal for Crichton too.

Back