• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
Ronald Volkman 2023 crop.png

Player Ronald Volkman

Date of Birth
Jul 4, 2002
Birth Location
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
  2. 🇼🇸 Samoa
Height (cm)
179 cm
Weight (kg)
93 kg
Position/s
  1. Five-Eighth
  2. Halfback
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Jun 18, 2022
Warriors Debut Details
June 18 2022, Round 15 vs Penrith Panthers at Moreton Daily Stadium, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2022
  2. 2023
Signed To
St George Dragons
Signed From
Sydney Roosters
Current Club
St George Dragons
Rep Honours
  1. Samoa
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Volkman
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/ronald-volkman/summary.html
NZWarriors.com
And what exactly is a $40k fine suspended for 24 months mean, if anything?
"The NRL alleges that the Dragons were in breach of NRL rules in the way the club handled that situation, proposing a $40,000 fine, which will be wholly suspended for 24 months."

"The NRL alleges that the Dragons were in breach of NRL rules in the way the club handled that situation, proposing a $40,000 fine, which will be wholly suspended for 24 months."
Yes, I read that. But what does it actually mean. From what I take it as, it's a $40k fine that will only happen if they have another breach in the next 24 months. Which is basically no punishment at all IMO

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yes, I read that. But what does it actually mean.
Oh sorry. I agreed with your confusion and wanted to put an exclamation point after it. So attempted to do so by posting the exact bemusing quote. Only in real life - couldn't script it.

Yes, I read that. But what does it actually mean. From what I take it as, it's a $40k fine that will only happen if they have another breach in the next 24 months. Which is basically no punishment at all IMO

Suspended sentences are pretty common at the lower end of offending.

Looks like the Dragons came to the party in the investigation with an open book, they also compensated Ronald too (keep in mind he only signed a 12 month contract). They fucked up, nothing to hide, won't do it again etc etc.

All seems about right to me and we move on. The main thing being it is now publicly acknowledged that nothing untoward from the Warriors went down - there were more than a few insinuations that we should take some blame in some way which was bonkers.

He's a halfback where most of our other dudes are 6's. Does that sway you?
He seems like a genuine #7 & will either be given, or earn himself a gig elsewhere. Another year under SJ would have been the ideal pathway but either Webster didn't see him as SJ's heir or Volkman got impatient.
Zero games in 2024 to go along with some lean/covid interrupted years in 2022 (13 games - 2 NRL, 3 Q Cup, 3 NSW Cup & 5 Jersey Flegg), 2021 (11 games - 6 NSW Cup & 5 Jersey Flegg) & 2020 (4 games - all SG Ball) means he'll probably need an entire season in Cup to get into his groove again. Could become an inaugural Perth Bear

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
He has rehabilitated over a year from reconstructive surgery. It is a risk to sign him for sure. However Halves with his skills are rare, I further say that is win/loss record is irrelevant. This is not like batting stats in Cricket.
Agreed. He was arguably the best halfback in NSW Cup his final year with us.
Should have won it statistically speaking over the other bloke that won

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
He seems like a genuine #7 & will either be given, or earn himself a gig elsewhere. Another year under SJ would have been the ideal pathway but either Webster didn't see him as SJ's heir or Volkman got impatient.
Zero games in 2024 to go along with some lean/covid interrupted years in 2022 (13 games - 2 NRL, 3 Q Cup, 3 NSW Cup & 5 Jersey Flegg), 2021 (11 games - 6 NSW Cup & 5 Jersey Flegg) & 2020 (4 games - all SG Ball) means he'll probably need an entire season in Cup to get into his groove again. Could become an inaugural Perth Bear
He was the 5th ranked half here at the start of last year. He basically had to leave
1_SJ 2_Luke 3_TMM 4_CHT 5_Volkman

To firstly agree with your points: Mt Wellington was scathing of Ronald after that Tigers homecoming and Sharks match. Said he didn't turn up physically and was turning out to be too small for combat. Big Words. Powerful assessment from arguably our top ranked poster on the whole web site.
However I can't get past the fact it has just been 5 games and he was having trouble adjusting to defensive line speeds coming at him ten times faster than what he sees in reserve grade.
He has an alite boot already. And yes he needs time in reserve grade again. But if he steps in as our 4th ranked half next year. It will be game 12 before we send an SOS for him. Our top 3 aren't that injury prone we will need him before then.